|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 04:15 PM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced that Alex Grossman has joined the company and will focus on bringing Quantum's big data content solutions portfolio to a broader range of media and entertainment customers and partners. Grossman, who most recently served as founder and president of Active Storage, has more than 20 years of experience in the industry, including six as a senior director at Apple responsible for its server and storage products. Today's announcement reflects Quantum's strategy of building on its long-standing leadership in high-performance file sharing and archive and the related investments the company has been making in growing its big data business.
"Over the last 18 months we've introduced 11 StorNext® appliances and our new Lattus wide area storage solutions to help customers better manage and protect their digital content," said Janae Stow Lee, senior vice president, Filesystem and Archive, Quantum. "We are very excited to have Alex on board, as his experience and industry relationships will enable us to serve a much broader base of users, including through new partnerships with application providers."
In 2007, Grossman founded Active Storage, a developer of media and Apple-centric workflow storage solutions, and served as its president for the last six years. From 2001 to 2007, he was an executive in Apple's Worldwide Product Marketing group, where he led the development, marketing and management of the company's server and storage products. Prior to joining Apple, Grossman spent 12 years as vice president of Sales, Marketing and New Product Development at MicroNet Technology Inc., a developer and manufacturer of storage solutions for creative professionals and IT managers. In addition, he has contributed to several patents associated with media management and storage technology and led the team that developed the first FireWire-based Storage Area Network.
"I think Quantum has a unique opportunity in the media and entertainment market," said Grossman. "Its StorNext software is used by all the top players in the industry, and the company's recently expanded portfolio enables a whole new range of customers to benefit from its proven expertise and innovation. I look forward to showing these customers all that Quantum has to offer so they can maximize the value of their digital assets."
- Learn more about Quantum's StorNext appliance family: www.quantum.com/products/BigDataManagement/index.aspx
- Read more about Quantum's Lattus family: http://www.quantum.com/products/BigDataManagement/Lattus/index.aspx
- Participate in the StorNext Community Forum: http://stornextforum.com
- Follow the latest StorNext happenings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/stornext
- Join the StorNext conversation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/stornext
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) Quantum expanding its leadership in the media and entertainment market, 2) the experience and market relationships of Mr. Grossman enabling Quantum to serve a much broader base of users, 3) Quantum's recently expanded portfolio enabling a whole new range of customers to benefit from its proven expertise and innovation and 4) Quantum's offerings helping customers maximize the value of their digital assets are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 9, 2012 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar