|By Business Wire||
|January 24, 2013 03:49 PM EST||
Anametrix, the first cloud-based, real-time digital analytics platform, introduces Anametrix Plug-in for Microsoft Excel, which embeds new marketing analytics capabilities directly into the Excel user interface. The product enables Anametrix users to easily create, refresh, upload and schedule reports from multichannel marketing data in Anametrix, and it delivers real-time access to all vendor and corporate data directly within the application marketers most frequently use for data analysis and reporting.
Available now to both new and existing clients, the patent-pending
Anametrix Plug-in for Excel enables bi-directional data exchange
between Excel and multichannel marketing data in Anametrix. The
product embeds four new buttons directly onto the Excel interface to
give marketers real-time access to all vendor and corporate data while
taking advantage of standard Excel functionality:
- Query button launches the new Anametrix Data Wizard to automate the process of exporting to Excel marketing data from any source connected to the Anametrix platform – web analytics, advertising, email marketing, social media, search engine marketing, surveys, live chat, CRM, marketing automation, U.S. Census, and third-party research. The Data Wizard helps marketers quickly map data fields from disparate sources using a minimum common denominator, which then allows the data to be easily correlated and analyzed within Excel. Other tabs enable users to filter data and create parameters for analysis. Marketers can spend more time analyzing data and less time collecting it, with quicker and more accurate visibility into performance metrics across all channels without manual manipulation.
- Refresh button updates data in report templates on any interval a marketer specifies to ensure access to most current data, regardless the complexity or number of Excel sheets within the report template. Marketers save time by updating reports with real-time data from all sources. Reports can be refreshed automatically with the most current data without re-formatting or re-calculating. Errors can be avoided with automatic update of pre-processed and pre-formatted data and calculations.
- Upload button protects the integrity of data in the Anametrix platform while allowing marketers to add datasets to Anametrix. Unlike analytics tools that only allow exports to Excel, the Anametrix Plug-in for Excel offers true bi-directional data exchange. While in Excel, marketers can add to Anametrix new data, such as responses collected from an in-store survey mapped to responses from an online survey. Users can only add, edit or delete the data they upload from Excel, but they are prevented from modifying data within the Anametrix platform, eliminating risk of data loss or breach of integrity. The Anametrix Plug-in for Excel enables marketers to compare performance across channel, product and geography, and against goals and budget to make more meaningful decisions. It allows them to easily account for offline data, while offering finance organizations more accountable measurements, including year-over-year comparisons and budgeting.
- Schedule button saves marketers time and enables collaboration by refreshing the data from Anametrix on specified intervals; publishing the reports to .xls, .pdf and other formats; and emailing the results to select colleagues. Reports can be automatically refreshed and emailed to recipients with complete security and automation.
- By increasing visibility into multichannel marketing data, the Anametrix Plug-in for Excel helps B2C CMOs and marketers demonstrate and increase their ROMI by improving campaign effectiveness, lowering customer acquisition costs, expanding lifetime value and uncovering new revenue opportunities.
- Pricing for the Anametrix platform is based on the number of data sources being connected. Pricing plans include unlimited users to ensure universal access for all marketers and executives. The new Anametrix Plug-in for Excel is included at no additional fee to clients and is available immediately.
- Anametrix is completely cloud-based. Users can access their marketing data in real time through an in-browser UI, Microsoft Excel, or any iOS, Android or Blackberry mobile device. There is no software to install or manage.
Pelin Thorogood, Anametrix’s CEO
“The Anametrix digital-analytics platform was designed by marketers for marketers. We know marketers use Excel, so, rather than trying to force customers to use only the Anametrix interface, our new Anametrix Plug-in for Excel delivers bi-directional data access between Anametrix and Excel. Optimizing ROMI with real-time business insights just got easier.”
“Excel has long been a favorite of the marketing data analyst, and for good reason. It provides a great deal of power to a very widely distributed user base. With Anametrix supplying rich data to Excel through its new plug-in, that power only gets compounded, and Anametrix wins new visibility to users who want a familiar interface.”
Anametrix transforms marketing with digital analytics. We collect, analyze, and make sense out of data across all channels in real time to enable marketers to discover new truths about customers, prospects, and the market at large. Anametrix delivers 360-degree visibility into business data to uncover new trends and hidden correlations, explore new relationships, and deliver a bigger and more predictable impact on revenue. Founded in 2010 by the trailblazing web analytics team behind WebSideStory, Anametrix has headquarters in San Diego, Calif. For more information, visit www.anametrix.com, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ and our blog.
Anametrix is a trademark of Anametrix. Other company and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
Feb. 27, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,735
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Sick, a Senior Manager and Big Data Architect within Ernst and Young's Financial Servi...
Feb. 26, 2015 11:00 PM EST Reads: 819
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gary Hall, Chief Technology Officer, Federal Defense at Cisco Systems, will break down the core capabilities of IoT in multiple settings and expand upon IoE for bo...
Feb. 26, 2015 10:30 PM EST Reads: 855
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes for use cases across the industrial, enterprise, and consumer segments.
Feb. 26, 2015 09:45 PM EST Reads: 791
The Internet of Things (IoT) is causing data centers to become radically decentralized and atomized within a new paradigm known as “fog computing.” To support IoT applications, such as connected cars and smart grids, data centers' core functions will be decentralized out to the network's edges and endpoints (aka “fogs”). As this trend takes hold, Big Data analytics platforms will focus on high-volume log analysis (aka “logs”) and rely heavily on cognitive-computing algorithms (aka “cogs”) to make sense of it all.
Feb. 26, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 778
SYS-CON Events announced today that GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The GENBAND team will be on hand to demonstrate their newest product, Kandy. Kandy is a communications Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables companies to seamlessly integrate more human communications into their Web and mobile applications - creating more engaging experiences for their customers and boosting collaboration and productiv...
Feb. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,130
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, deploy, and manage applications integrating voice, video and data. He is the co-founder of TeleStax, a...
Feb. 26, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,839
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focused on understanding how industrial data can create intelligence for industrial operations. Imagine ...
Feb. 26, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,036
Feb. 26, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,227
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, representing a model of how to analyze rea...
Feb. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,032
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
Feb. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,071
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - is now accepting submissions to demo smart cars on the Expo Floor. Smart car sponsorship benefits include general brand exposure and increasing engagement with the developer ecosystem.
Feb. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,580
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use cases.
Feb. 26, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,759
Sensor-enabled things are becoming more commonplace, precursors to a larger and more complex framework that most consider the ultimate promise of the IoT: things connecting, interacting, sharing, storing, and over time perhaps learning and predicting based on habits, behaviors, location, preferences, purchases and more. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tom Wesselman, Director of Communications Ecosystem Architecture at Plantronics, will examine the still nascent IoT as it is coalescing, including what it is today, what it might ultimately be, the role of wearable tech, and technology gaps stil...
Feb. 26, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 495
Feb. 26, 2015 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,158
When it comes to the Internet of Things, hooking up will get you only so far. If you want customers to commit, you need to go beyond simply connecting products. You need to use the devices themselves to transform how you engage with every customer and how you manage the entire product lifecycle. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, will show how “product relationship management” can help you leverage your connected devices and the data they generate about customer usage and product performance to deliver extremely compelling and reliabl...
Feb. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,104
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from ...
Feb. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,553
SYS-CON Events announced today that Open Data Centers (ODC), a carrier-neutral colocation provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Open Data Centers is a carrier-neutral data center operator in New Jersey and New York City offering alternative connectivity options for carriers, service providers and enterprise customers.
Feb. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,702
There’s Big Data, then there’s really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. Learn about IoT, Big Data and deployments processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines.
Feb. 26, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,782
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
Feb. 26, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,882