|By Marketwired .||
|January 23, 2013 11:30 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- Tintrí, Inc., the leading producer of VM-aware storage platforms, today announced it completed 2012 with record sales results and strong enterprise customer adoption. Tintrí ended the past year with more than 150 enterprise customers worldwide that are running nearly 30,000 virtual machines in full production. Sales increased on both year-over-year and quarter-over-quarter metrics for each quarter in 2012, culminating in a 400% sales increase in the fourth quarter compared to the same quarter of the prior year.
The company's success was fueled by sweeping changes in the industry that have driven enterprises to virtualize over 60% of applications in their data centers. With large scale virtualization, enterprises recognize an inevitable need for a new kind of storage designed for virtual environments.
Tintrí's unique VM-aware storage solution attracted enterprise customers at record rates across a number of vertical industries that have demanding storage requirements, including manufacturing (DXP Enterprises, Makino), service providers (NEC Biglobe, Teufel Software), healthcare (Central Washington Hospital), technology (Garmin, Sungard), transportation (Kawasaki) and two of the five largest media conglomerates in the world.
Supporting this growth, Tintrí expanded its worldwide presence, opening new sales offices in Japan, Germany and Holland, along with doubling the number of sales offices in the United States.
Other Tintrí milestones for 2012 included:
- Best of VMworld 2012 Gold Award in the hardware for virtualization category;
- General availability of its storage platform that added per-VM cloning and snapshots, along with enterprise performance enhancements;
- Global launch of the Tintrí Partner Program for distributors and resellers;
- Addition of Arrow ECS as a pan-European distributor;
- Accreditation with VMware-Ready® and Citrix Ready® Certifications;
- Expansion of support services to provide global SLA coverage
Tintrí was the first company to ship a production-proven VM-aware storage platform that gave enterprises simplified and efficient storage for virtual environments. Created specifically to address virtualization's unique storage challenges, Tintrí delivers intuitive VM-level manageability, simplicity and flash performance at the industry's lowest cost-per-VM.
"2012 saw an inflection point in the evolution towards a software-defined data center," said Kieran Harty, CEO and co-founder of Tintrí. "Much like the drive for server consolidation a decade ago sparked the virtualization revolution, enterprise customers are trying to manage an explosion in storage requirements frequently driven by the unique demands of virtualization initiatives. Customers are looking for help at a time of shrinking capital budgets while legacy vendors push expensive solutions that were not designed for today's virtual environments.
"The technology industry has rallied around the vision of a software-defined data center, with significant progress made on servers and networking infrastructure. But storage lags far behind. Tintrí is leading the industry in providing innovative solutions for software-defined storage."
In a recent survey of customers conducted by Tintrí, 58 percent of respondents said they have already virtualized 75 percent or more of their data center. Respondents said the top three strategic hurdles in storage were: 1) cost of storage infrastructure; 2) storage performance and 3) organization resistance. Technical hurdles that posed the greatest challenges were 1) performance isolation for VMs; 2) VM-level storage performance visibility and 3) VMware API integration.
Tintrí 2012 Highlights
Tintrí added major capabilities to its flagship product with industry-first features such as instant bottleneck visualization for performance troubleshooting, efficient storage provisioning for virtual desktop environments and per-VM cloning and snapshots.
Many customers expanded their Tintrí deployments in 2012, with close to half of all customers deploying multiple Tintrí systems. While customers ran a wide range of virtualized production enterprise applications on Tintrí, VDI continued to be one of the top use cases. Customers found Tintrí a simpler and more cost effective way to deploy hundreds or thousands of virtual desktops while delivering fast performance to end users. Nearly half of Tintrí's customers are now running more than 100 VMs per system.
Tintrí launched the Tintrí Partner Program, and expanded the program to include an extensive network of resellers and distributors in North America, EMEA and Japan.
Tintrí received many industry awards in 2012. The top honors included the highly coveted "Best of VMworld 2012" Gold Award in Hardware for Virtualization Category and the 2012 Reader's Choice Award from Virtualization Reviews in Storage Virtualization category, the latter based on a survey of over 20,000 storage buyers. Tintrí was also named one of CRN's Top 25 Coolest Emerging Vendors in 2012.
About Tintrí, Inc.
Designed from the ground-up for flash and virtualization, Tintrí's VM-aware storage appliance delivers flash performance at disk prices with intuitive management specifically for VMs. Customers such as Semmes-Murphey, SonicWALL, and TIBCO have simplified storage management, increased performance and achieved ROI in as little as 60 days with Tintrí for both virtual server and desktop environments. Tintrí was co-founded by Dr. Kieran Harty, who was formerly the EVP of Engineering at VMware. Tintrí's team also includes senior leaders from Citrix, Data Domain, Google, NetApp and Riverbed. Tintrí is a privately-held company based in Mountain View, CA, with sales offices in Europe and Asia.
LEWIS Pulse for Tintri
+1 415 432 2445
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar