|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 07:30 AM EST||
LOS CABOS, Mexico, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Starwood Hotels and Resorts is forecasting an eight to ten percent increase in business at their Los Cabos resorts in 2013, crediting new development, infrastructure improvements and positive news for the forecasted upswing. The Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort and The Westin Resort & Spa share their "top 10" travel trend predictions for what will drive the increased business:
- Access Draws More to Relax & Explore - It is getting easier all the time to get into and around Los Cabos. New nonstop flights added in mid-2012 from strong Los Cabos' tourist-drawing metropolitan areas such as Orange County Calif. (Airtran) and Chicago (Frontier) to Los Cabos International Airport (SJD) and additional nonstop service coming in 2013 from Denver (Airtran), San Diego and Dallas-Fort Worth (Spirit) are expected to entice even more new and repeat travelers. Additionally, a new $250 million four-lane highway that halves travel time between Los Cabos and the state capital, La Paz, and other infrastructure improvements have made driving the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula a breeze, increasing access and tourist interest in regional exploration.
- Service Goes Super Nova - With a steadily growing number of luxury resort properties on the scene, resorts are finding new ways to deliver superior guest experiences. Starwood Resorts Los Cabos, already lauded for their stellar service, have fully embraced the challenge of finding new ways to provide superior guest experiences that surprise and delight, such as from lauded Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Executive Chef Manuel de Luca and The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos Executive Chef Manuel Peruyero, who stroll the dining rooms daily to deliver personalized "star treatment" and specially-prepared dishes to guests.
- Sporting Appeal Builds - From golf tournaments and sports fishing to water sports, off road races and personal physical challenges, Los Cabos will play host to a plethora of sporting events in 2013. New this year, both Starwood Resorts will host guests visiting for The Ironman Los Cabos triathlon (March 17). Leading off the year and golf tournaments' schedule was the recent Puerto Los Cabos World Pro-Am. Off-road races include the Cabo 500 and Tecate Score Baja 1000. Water sports draws range from internationally renowned sport fishing challenges, such as Bisbee's Black & Blue Marlin Tournament, Tuna Jackpot, Los Cabos Billfish Tournament, Stars and Stripes Fishing and Golf Tournament, and SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Championships.
- Meetings Mania - The new, $100 million, state-of-the-art Los Cabos Convention Center, which hosted world leaders at the international G20 Summit in June 2012 as its inaugural event, has introduced 72,000 square feet of eco-friendly functional meeting and exhibition space to the region. The facility, which also hosted the first-ever Los Cabos International Film Festival in November 2012, is expected to encourage more regional event development and expand Los Cabos' abilities to effectively compete in the destination meetings and conventions business. In tandem with industry trends towards hybrid meetings and events, Starwood Resorts Los Cabos, with some of the largest and most varied meeting and event facilities, offer state-of-the-art IT, with HD video conferencing that enables in-house AV PSAV teams to provide coordinated interface with nearly a thousand PSAV-served hotels throughout the world.
- Rejuven-cations Reign - Along with private white sand beaches, dazzling poolside fun in the sun and world-class dining, more travelers to Los Cabos will seek their own havens for personal rejuvenation. Starwood's Sheraton Hacienda del Mar and The Westin Resort & Spa both offer, in addition to world-class spas and treatment packages, newly renovated and expanded gyms with workout programs and educational resources, as well as healthy dining alternatives, such as The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos' SuperFoodsRx™ menus with nutrient-rich dishes and Sheraton Hacienda del Mar's under 500-calorie "Color Your Plate" selections.
- Trendy Weddings - Los Cabos will continue to attract destination weddings as more couples will flock the area for its uniquely beautiful setting, well-priced luxury dream wedding options with generous gifts of complimentary "extras" and discounts. Events staff at both the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar and The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos note that more couples are looking for highly unique twists for their weddings, including a "trash the dress" trend that is rapidly growing in popularity as many brides are choosing to follow their wedding ceremony with a jump into the surf at the resorts or at Lover's Beach by the El Arco scenic rock-arch.
- More Family Gatherings - With the U.S. State Department lifting travel warnings to Los Cabos and other popular destinations in Mexico last November* and the ever-increasing wealth of cultural, arts, environmental and sports activities for all ages, more multi-generational families will find their way to Los Cabos to celebrate holidays, family occasions and in-tandem getaways. Both Sheraton Hacienda del Mar and The Westin Resort & Spa in Los Cabos offer amenities that cater to every family member and feature newly renovated Kids Club facilities.
- Culinary & Cultural Exchange - Noting increasing guest interest in cultural experiences and world cuisines, both Starwood Los Cabos resorts regularly host cultural festivals and events such as The Westin Resort & Spa's Oktoberfest, with traditional Swiss-German foods and alphorn music, and Sheraton Hacienda del Mar's Peruvian Food Festival, featuring internationally renowned Peruvian cuisine pioneer Jose Montes, executive chef at the Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center. Returning March 9, the Sheraton will again host its Pan, Queso y Vino (Bread, Cheese and Wine Festival) to benefit local boys' home Casa Hogar.
- Wired for Work & Play - With rapidly expanding online access, social media sharing, mobile phone and apps use, more "working" vacationers will access wi-fi and, literally, set up office by the Sea of Cortez. At both Starwood Los Cabos' resorts, more social media fans will receive hotel and local news via Facebook and Twitter, and smart-phone users, in addition to handling bookings via mobile, will discover new regional resource apps such as the Los Cabos Mobile Guide, available at www.visitloscabos.travel.
- Los Cabos for Canines - More travelers will arrive with animal companions in tow, now that the Mexican government is permitting airlines to once again allow them in the cabin during flights to and from Mexico. (Check with your airline before booking for rules and restrictions, which vary and can change, particularly during hotter weather.) The Westin Resort & Spa is among the dog-friendliest luxury resorts in Los Cabos, where dogs may stay in-room and dine, al fresco with their families.
For more information on the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, please call 52-624-145-8000 or visit www.sheratonloscabos.com. For more information on The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos, please call 1-800-012-9229 or visit www.westinloscabos.com.
*According to U.S. State Dept. Mexico Travel Update, reported in San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate.com (Dec. 4, 2012).
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1,128 properties in nearly 100 countries and 154,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, and ElementSM. The Company boasts one of the industry's leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
SOURCE Starwood Hotels and Resorts
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,634
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 581
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,726
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,232
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,647
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,344
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,183
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,833
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,701
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 6,085
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 2,930
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 4,758
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,949
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,720
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 2,981
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 9,083
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 6,873
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 919
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,038
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,590