|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 04:55 PM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 100 products—many of which are making their debut—will be highlighted as part of Macworld/iWorld's unique First Looks program that showcases some of the newest and coolest solutions for iFans, IDG World Expo announced today. Attendees also will have access to dozens of shopping deals available in exhibitor booths, empowering them to see, try and buy right on the show floor. Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event, takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. The event will once again serve as a launching pad for hundreds of new software, hardware, peripheral, accessory and app innovations for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad when it opens its doors. Register now!
Exhibitor Shopping Specials
Macworld/iWorld exhibitors will offer attendees exclusive opportunities to see, try and buy products at special show prices right on the show floor. More than 50 companies will offer special pricing on many of the newest products for the Apple marketplace. Participating companies include: BusyMac, Choicee, Cooper Product, Devista B.V., EuroSmartz Ltd, FiledRight, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, iKey, iPresent, Krome Case, MacMate, Nite Ize, Nuance Communications, OnTrion, Prestige International, QNAP, RHP Multimedia Corp., Seidio, ServicePal, Silo Ink, SmartMotion Technology, Square Jellyfish, Tekserve, Tru Protection and Vellum Interactive. Check out all the Shop Macworld/iWorld deals at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/expo-hall/show-specials/.
Highlights of this year's First Looks program, which makes it easy for attendees to find the very latest innovations on the show floor, are included below. Check out all the First Looks products at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/first-looks/.
- App-Promo (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will showcase their client's PicIT 24 mobile application, a visual diary where you can follow friends, family or inspiration. Users can share a maximum of one quote and/or one image within a 24 hour period, giving followers the opportunity to finally appreciate their creative content.
- BEAMR (Appalooza, Booth #718): Beamr™ will showcase its JPEGmini™ for Mac software, which allows users to reduce the file size of photos by up to five times while maintaining their original resolution, quality and JPEG format. Optimizing photos with JPEGmini™ frees up valuable hard drive space and lets you quickly share full-resolution photos with your friends and family.
- Boinx Software Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Boinx Software will feature the new iStopMotion for iPad 2. Enjoy the excitement of creating stop motion animations and time lapse recordings right from your iPad. Easily tell your story using inanimate objects such as toys or clay figures and bring them to life frame by frame. Version 2 includes new features such as audio recording, more ways to import audio files into a stop motion animation or time lapse film, and a Navigator that displays the full animation from start to finish at a glance.
- Creaceed (Appalooza, Booth #718): Creaceed will showcase the recently released Prizmo 2, the revolutionary scanning experience for the Mac that supports all the things you want to scan and all the ways you want to do it. The technology supports dozens of languages and processing for text documents, business cards and images, as well as editing and correcting functionality and iCloud support.
- Ecamm Network (Appalooza, Booth #718): Ecamm will unveil Printopia Pro, the easiest and best way to enable and manage printing from mobile devices (including iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) on your company's network. Ecamm took its award-winning Printopia software, tuned it for use on large-tiered networks, added manageability, scalability, and security features, putting users in complete control.
- Gaucho Software, LLC (Appalooza, Booth #718): Gaucho Software will showcase Windscape, a new app that shows the wind as it blows. Thousands of tiny particles materialize the flow of air around the world in real time, color-coded by temperature. Discover never-before-seen relationships, gain a global understanding of the weather and let yourself be inspired by the beauty of nature.
- GetCloak.com (Appalooza, Booth #718): Debuting at Macworld/iWorld 2013, Cloak's mission is to give you the tools you need to stay safe when you're online. Cloak's app is the easiest, most trusted way to stay safe when you're using public Wi-Fi, like the kind you find at coffee shops, airports, hotels, and conferences. Cloak automatically detects unsafe connections and secures them. Available today for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- Jam for iPhone by DreamWalk Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Australian developer DreamWalk Interactive will showcase Jam, a new song-creation app for the iPhone. Simply select a musical style and tempo, hit "record," and sing into your iPhone. Jam detects the incoming vocal pitch, musical key and song structure, then auto-tunes the vocal and produces original backing music to suit. The result is an awesome sounding, completely original song created around your vocal. Users can publish songs to the in-app Jam charts and invite their friends to listen via Facebook and Twitter. Earn badges and royalties for each published track to unlock additional style packs, grow a following of fans and even get signed to one of four Jam record labels.
- JAMF Software (MacIT P1): JAMF Software will feature its SCCM Plug-In, a framework that can be used to sync your organization's valuable hardware and software inventory data for your Apple devices into Microsoft SCCM.
- Kdan Mobile Software Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Kdan Mobile Software will showcase its NoteLedge app for the iPad and iPhone, a unique tool designed to help users record every moment in their life. Features include the ability to take/import photos and easily change size and apply filter effects, record audio and video while taking notes, use stamps and templates to enrich works, capture, organize and share ideas on the go, and encrypt diaries and back them up to the cloud.
- Marketcircle, Inc. (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will feature Daylite, an award-winning CRM and productivity manager designed to help small businesses grow. Daylite 4 was built with a completely revamped interface, new features and simplicity to improve user experience and productivity. Organize your entire business in a single application, including your contacts, schedule, tasks, business opportunities, emails and more on your Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- MOXTRA (Appalooza, Booth #718): Set to unveil later this month, the Moxtra app features customizable, virtual binders so you can view, share and collaborate with your content. Grab it, organize it in specific binders and add real-time voiceover and notes to enhance photos, stories or projects. Share binders via social media or privately with contacts, enriching the way you share life's moments.
- Rain Design, Inc (Booth #524): Rain Design will showcase its new mTower vertical laptop stand, which takes up a third of your notebook's footprint. Its solid, single piece design gives a notebook the illusion of floating for a sleek desktop setup. mTower's anodized aluminum body matches Apple notebooks and acts as a giant heat sink—with the notebook's bottom turned to the side, its entire surface also dissipates heat better.
- Reallusion, Inc (Appalooza, Booth #718): Reallusion will feature CrazyTalk7, which uses powerful auto-animation technology that allows any user—whether they're an iMovie-maker or a creative user—at any level to simply use your voice to turn images into talking videos. Or, choose from various scenario-based speaker performance modes to set a unique personality to your character's base movement.
- Recosoft Corporation (Booth #749): Recosoft will feature PDF2Office for iPad, a set of iPad apps that converts PDF files to editable Microsoft Office, iWork, OmniGraffle and other common files. PDF2Office for iPad is available in three editions: PDF2Office for iWork, PDF2Office Business and PDF2Office Lite, with each edition featuring distinct PDF conversion capabilities.
- Spicebox LLC (Booth #422): Spicebox will introduce Mauz, which transforms your smartphone into a gesture-enabled computer mouse. Simply connect the device to a smartphone and the Mauz app pops up, allowing users to control computers and media centers using motion and visual gestures. It's like connecting a computer mouse and a Wii controller to your iPhone and then adding a touch of Kinect.
- STROTTER (Booth #1049): STROTTER will present the Platforma, a convertible messenger bag for iPad that turns into a mobile desk, allowing users to work on their iPads while standing up and with both hands free to type. With one swing and one pull of a buckle the bag transforms into a sling-type backpack. Designed in Boston, Platforma features a leather and high-density nylon shell, self-closing flap, custom polished hardware and a quickly adjustable strap.
- The Casey Group (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will showcase Sales Navigator Calling, a new tool that allows users to make calls directory from their iPad. Leveraging a low-cost VoIP service, it has never been easier to stay in touch with your most valuable customers and prospects while on the road from your iPad. The technology is fully integrated with Sales Navigator, the first iOS application that helps sales professionals optimize their reach and touch to valuable customers and prospects through the seamless integration of contacts, calendars, and map applications.
- Touch Press (Appolooza, Booth #718): Touch Press will introduce The Orchestra, a truly ground-breaking iPad app that allows unprecedented interactive exploration of classical music. The Orchestra allows real-time selection of multiple video and audio tracks, along with an automatically synchronized score and graphical note-by-note visualization of each piece as it is played. The result is an immersive environment for exploring the music and every instrument in the orchestra.
- XFLEX by 1.0 Innovations (Booth #310): 1.0 Innovations will showcase the XFLEX iPad stand, The Single Stand Solution™ to all your tablet needs. The XFLEX works almost anywhere with virtually any flat surface tablet or smartphone. The flexible arm allows you to snake the tablet to an ideal point of view for reading, surfing, pod-casting or video recording.
- Zoom (MacIT S2): Zoom will introduce the world's first Unified Meeting Experience (UMX) solution that brings HD video conferencing, web meetings and mobility into a simple and free 3-in-1 meeting platform. Zoom offers the industry's first screen-sharing on iPhone, iPad and MacOS, the industry's first hybrid cloud meeting connector for Mac IT users and the industry's first 3-in-1 platform with Enterprise Single-Sign-On.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
Sensor-enabled things are becoming more commonplace, precursors to a larger and more complex framework that most consider the ultimate promise of the IoT: things connecting, interacting, sharing, storing, and over time perhaps learning and predicting based on habits, behaviors, location, preferences, purchases and more. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tom Wesselman, Director of Communications Ecosystem Architecture at Plantronics, will examine the still nascent IoT as it is coalescing, including what it is today, what it might ultimately be, the role of wearable tech, and technology gaps stil...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,444
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Sick, a Senior Manager and Big Data Architect within Ernst and Young's Financial Servi...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,926
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
May. 24, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,469
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing demand and the rapidly changing workspace model.
May. 24, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,193
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use cases.
May. 24, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,031
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
May. 24, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,541
Building low-cost wearable devices can enhance the quality of our lives. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Sai Yamanoor, Embedded Software Engineer at Altschool, provided an example of putting together a small keychain within a $50 budget that educates the user about the air quality in their surroundings. He also provided examples such as building a wearable device that provides transit or recreational information. He then reviewed the resources available to build wearable devices at home including open source hardware, the raw materials required and the options available to power s...
May. 24, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,998
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 24, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,757
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
May. 24, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,944
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happens, where data lives and where the interface lies. For instance, it's a mix of architectural styles ...
May. 24, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,738
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo – to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – is now accepting Hackathon proposals. Hackathon sponsorship benefits include general brand exposure and increasing engagement with the developer ecosystem. At Cloud Expo 2014 Silicon Valley, IBM held the Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held the DevOps Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo floor. The Bluemix Developer Playground, for developers of all levels, highlighted the ease of use of...
May. 24, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,360
We’re no longer looking to the future for the IoT wave. It’s no longer a distant dream but a reality that has arrived. It’s now time to make sure the industry is in alignment to meet the IoT growing pains – cooperate and collaborate as well as innovate. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, will examine the key ingredients to IoT success and identify solutions to challenges the industry is facing. The deep industry expertise behind this presentation will provide attendees with a leading edge view of rapidly emerging IoT oppor...
May. 24, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,996
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics is e...
May. 24, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,202
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
May. 24, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,364
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
May. 24, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,219
For years, we’ve relied too heavily on individual network functions or simplistic cloud controllers. However, they are no longer enough for today’s modern cloud data center. Businesses need a comprehensive platform architecture in order to deliver a complete networking suite for IoT environment based on OpenStack. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dhiraj Sehgal from PLUMgrid will discuss what a holistic networking solution should really entail, and how to build a complete platform that is scalable, secure, agile and automated.
May. 24, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,339
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focused on understanding how industrial data can create intelligence for industrial operations. Imagine ...
May. 24, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,255
Hadoop as a Service (as offered by handful of niche vendors now) is a cloud computing solution that makes medium and large-scale data processing accessible, easy, fast and inexpensive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Kumar Ramamurthy, Vice President and Chief Technologist, EIM & Big Data, at Virtusa, will discuss how this is achieved by eliminating the operational challenges of running Hadoop, so one can focus on business growth. The fragmented Hadoop distribution world and various PaaS solutions that provide a Hadoop flavor either make choices for customers very flexible in the name of opti...
May. 24, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,877
In the consumer IoT, everything is new, and the IT world of bits and bytes holds sway. But industrial and commercial realms encompass operational technology (OT) that has been around for 25 or 50 years. This grittier, pre-IP, more hands-on world has much to gain from Industrial IoT (IIoT) applications and principles. But adding sensors and wireless connectivity won’t work in environments that demand unwavering reliability and performance. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ron Sege, CEO of Echelon, will discuss how as enterprise IT embraces other IoT-related technology trends, enterprises with i...
May. 24, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,339
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
May. 23, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,218