|By RealWire News Distribution||
|January 14, 2013 07:22 AM EST||
New Keyboards and Increased Support Enable Improved User Efficiency
NEW YORK (NRF Annual Convention & Expo, Booth #2749) - 14 January 2013 - Wavelink, a LANDesk Software business unit (www.wavelink.com), today announced Wavelink Terminal Emulation (TE) for Android 1.3. This ground-breaking release provides new features to support an enhanced user experience and simplified management on Android mobile devices. Utilised on more than three million devices around the globe with nine out of the top 10 world's largest retailers choosing Wavelink TE, Wavelink TE provides reliable access for mobile users to host applications. Wavelink TE enables enterprises to manage and scale business critical applications on mobile devices, ensuring end-users always have the tools they need to get their job done. This latest upgrade brings Wavelink's 20 years of expertise in terminal emulation to the Android platform.
With the proliferation of ruggedised Android tablets entering the traditional automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) space, Wavelink TE for Android 1.3 fulfills the needs of the IT departments that want to include these devices but still need to deploy enterprise applications. By extending TE support to Android, IT managers gain numerous new soft input panel (SIP) keyboards. These keyboards enhance the usability and efficiency of ruggedised Android devices by making it easier for end-users to quickly and easily access the most important command and function keys in the host application from their mobile devices.
In addition, TE for Android 1.3 includes support for session persistence through Wavelink ConnectPro, allowing devices to roam in and out of coverage, seamlessly reconnect to the host and existing sessions and eliminates the potential for a single point of failure. This minimises device downtime for improved user productivity. With advanced encryption, failover and enhanced troubleshooting functionality through the network logging feature, Wavelink TE reconfirms its continued dedication to data and device security.
"Android is a valuable mobile device platform and now enterprise organisations have the option to support and maintain these ruggedised Android mobile devices as part of their overall device make-up," said Mikkel Storm, principal product manager at Wavelink. "Our new TE for Android solution ensures that our customers' emulation needs are supported, no matter what operating system or devices they're using. Our customers have invested a lot in their existing infrastructure and we're preserving that by supporting Windows- and Android-based devices, while still providing a clear and easy path to migrate to newer devices and technologies."
Wavelink TE for Android means that organisations' systems and people work smarter by providing intelligent data collection and communications functions, prevent errors and inefficiencies caused by incorrect data entry or scans, take advantage of easy on-screen navigation, and maximise the uptime of a workforce by avoiding dropped connections, directed messages and error notices. Organisations are empowered to save money and increase employee productivity. Wavelink TE for Android 1.3 will be demonstrated at the National Retail Federation Convention and Expo (NRF) in Booth #2749 this week and will be available in January 2013.
In addition to TE for Android, Wavelink and Oracle have teamed up on the next generation of Wavelink Studio Plus for Oracle Store Inventory Management (SIM) users. This enhanced version of Wavelink Studio enables Oracle SIM end users to quickly and easily navigate Oracle SIM on their ruggedised mobile devices with scanners through an enhanced Graphical User Interface (GUI) designed and optimised for Oracle SIM, offering end users enhanced ease of use. Oracle will demonstrate Wavelink Studio Plus in the Oracle booth (Booth #721) at NRF, showcasing the solution's enhanced user interface and the ability to further configure and enhance reference configuration without making changes to the server or Oracle SIM. Wavelink Studio plus will be GA available for download in January 2013 from Wavelink. Oracle and Wavelink are working together in making Wavelink Studio Plus officially available to Oracle SIM customers in the near future.
Wavelink, a business unit of LANDesk Software, is the leading provider of multi-vendor mobile device management, wireless infrastructure management, terminal emulation, voice enabling and mobile application development solutions. Wavelink has more than 7.5 million active client licenses in use world-wide.
Wavelink solutions solve the unique challenges found in deploying, managing and controlling today's enterprise mobility systems. These solutions facilitate peak performance from frontline staff. Wavelink offers a platform to manage, provision, update, secure and troubleshoot ruggedised mobile computing platforms from a single, easy-to-use console.
Wavelink products ease the growing chaos around mobility, heterogeneity, and the challenges around more demanding end-user computing environments. Inside the four walls, or in the field, Wavelink leads mobility.
Tel: 0207 853 2289
Tel: 01483 744232
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing