|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, will be showcasing its latest retail solutions and innovations in Booth #921 at the 102nd National Retail Federation (NRF) Annual Convention & EXPO on Jan. 13-16, 2013 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
In retail today, the shopper’s experience is a retailer’s biggest differentiator. Under the theme “The Experience is Everything,” Motorola, along with its business partners, will be demonstrating new solutions that can help retailers create personalized experiences that connect with shoppers, enable associates to instantly respond to customer questions and can be deployed effectively with minimal IT support.
Motorola will showcase several recently introduced products including:
- MP6000 multi-plane scanner/scale – Motorola’s first imaging-based bioptic solution will help customers quickly checkout and scan traditional paper-based bar codes as well as bar codes delivered on the screen of a mobile device.
- SB1 smart badge - A smart, wearable mobile device that empowers sales associates and task workers with task management, price checking and inventory look-up applications for improved productivity and customer service.
- MC40 mobile computer - The MC40 is the first multi-purpose mobile computer for retail that incorporates inventory management with collaboration and line busting mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) capabilities in a compelling form factor.
- ET1 tablet – Designed for assisted selling, mPOS, item locator, planogram management and mobile manager applications, the Android-based ET1 tablet is now available in WAN or WLAN configurations and brings the consumer tablet experience to an enterprise-class device.
- Mobile Workforce Management (MWM) – This task management software framework connects virtually all of the systems in the store that generate tasks and determines which associates are best suited for a particular task. MWM delivers the task directly to the mobile device of the chosen associate, monitors the status until complete and escalates if needed, while providing management with a real-time view into task status.
Among the new products on display for the first time at NRF will be:
- Motorola’s CC Series (customer concierge) is a part of its Connected Shopper suite. It will offer in-aisle product and online search capabilities along with video and audio chat functionality that can take customer service to new levels. With a variety of screen images, it integrates a touch-screen-driven interactive product browser, digital signage, and customer care connection in a single, interactive device. The CC series bridges a retailer’s in-store, online and mobile experiences, and connects customers to retail associates for immediate assistance via devices like the MC40 and SB1.
- Wireless LAN (WLAN) Infrastructure serves as the foundation for connecting with shoppers and enabling associates. The NX 9510 Integrated Services Platform simplifies the deployment, control and management of the entire network for IT professionals and provides a dashboard to centrally manage wired, wireless, telephony and network assurance services at the branch. Retailers also can use the NX 9510 to deploy guest access, analytics and location services to elevate the customer experience.
Retail Communications is part of Motorola’s Staff
Communications and Management Solutions. It provides a focused
telephony feature set, delivered on the NX
4500 and NX 6500 Integrated Services Platform, with Voice over
WLAN (VoWLAN), Push-To-Talk (PTT) and texting to enable store
associates to instantly communicate and collaborate over
enterprise wireless smartphones, mobile computers and two-way
radios. Unified Retail Communications also helps retailers reduce
call hold times, abandoned calls and calls not answered to improve
customer service by routing incoming calls to the right expert
inside the store.
- Motorola also is introducing a new professional-style Bluetooth® earpiece for Motorola’s CLP radios that provides up to 8 hours of talk time. This Bluetooth device has a replaceable earpiece that enables easier device sharing between employees working different shifts and is optimized for use with two-way radios preventing employee theft.
- Self-Service Solutions feature the new all-in-one multimedia MK3100 micro kiosk. Combining multiple self-service offerings such as price and inventory checks, employee scheduling and training, the compact MK3100 is a cost-effective micro-kiosk that also can run full screen video and interactive web applications. The MK3100 is also the only micro kiosk in its class to offer an imager that is optimized for mobile bar code reading to help increase customer loyalty, satisfaction and sales.
Eduardo Conrado, senior vice president of marketing and IT, Motorola Solutions
“Retail is undergoing a significant transformation. More than ever the shopper’s experience is everything for retailers. It’s how browsing becomes buying, customers become brand advocates and retailers take control of the purchase path. At NRF 2013, Motorola Solutions and its diverse ecosystem of retail partners will demonstrate how their collective industry knowledge and consumer insight can help retailers deploy technology-enabled experiences that connect with shoppers.”
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,795
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,114
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,947
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,880
"C2M is our digital transformation and IoT platform. We've had C2M on the market for almost three years now and it has a comprehensive set of functionalities that it brings to the market," explained Mahesh Ramu, Vice President, IoT Strategy and Operations at Plasma, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,026
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 948
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,719
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 23, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,000
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,912
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,431
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,387
Much of IT terminology is often misused and misapplied. Modernization and transformation are two such terms. They are often used interchangeably even though they mean different things and have very different connotations. Indeed, it is somewhat safe to assume that in IT any transformative effort is likely to also have a modernizing effect, and thus, we can see these as levels of improvement efforts. However, many businesses are being led to believe if they don’t transform now they risk becoming ...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,044
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,234
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 951
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,043
Jul. 23, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,010
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,835
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,769
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 23, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 570
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 23, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 643