|By Marketwired .||
|January 9, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA and MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/13 -- UNIT4 Business Software, the North American subsidiary of UNIT4 (EURONEXT AMSTERDAM:UNIT4), the global enterprise software provider for Businesses Living IN Change (BLINC)(TM), has issued its annual list of trends and predictions for the coming year. For 2013, UNIT4 Business Software expects the following trends to affect the industry and customers alike:
1. Millennials' "Minimize/Maximize" Phenomenon: The tidal wave of teenaged technology consumers at the turn of the millennium is now emerging as an R&D changing force in the business technology world. Their tastes and preferences for clean, zero-training technology interfaces, supported by devices with powerful, super-smart capabilities, is literally revolutionizing business app production. These now-emerging managers and business leaders have rejected old-school technology approaches, and software companies that recognize and respond with new user experiences - versus point and click interfaces - will win.
2. On-Premise Data Center Desertions: While on-premise data centers will remain for many corporations for select purposes/operations, clear evidence exists that there is growing corporate/organizational comfort with off-loading data into the cloud for routine and repetitive purposes. A hybrid approach is emerging for many companies in 2013 that will enable the redeployment of valuable organizational resources into activities more germane to business building and efficiency supporting. Software and services companies that offer a "choice" of multiple deployment options will best satisfy the market as these data center decisions are made.
3. Organizational Democratization and Flattening: Challenging economic times for many vertical market sectors have led to a reordering of organizational roles/responsibilities to reduce management layers and create more efficient workflows empowering a greater number of users. Today's more egalitarian, decentralized workforces will be margin-impacting factors in a new, flatter, more democratized workforce.
4. Analytic Activism: Gone will be the days when month-old, week-old, or even day-old data drive critical organizational decisions. And gone are the days when "the best" technologies for supporting decisions are executive dashboards allocated to a small handful of executives. A loud and emerging cry for more bite-sized analytic software applications - for specific purposes -- will drive decision-making down to levels throughout the organizational structure.
5. Social Collaboration Ports Over to Business: The consumerization of IT has also shown the business world that corporate branding/reputation is now inextricably tied to the opinion of "the masses." What's more, emerging opportunities to collect information from customers and prospects using social media tools will increasingly become the single most powerful force in determining everything from human resource to capital planning to R&D decisions. Watch in 2013 for an increasing array of embedded social capabilities in business software.
6. Mobile Mayhem for CIOs: A seemingly unending stream of market introductions for new mobile devices - with disparate standards - is reordering the role of CIOs to focus on a growing list of data integration, data disruption and security issues. As these chief technology executives grapple with their number one and two priorities - protect corporate intellectual/financial property...and keep their business running - watch for other executive areas to pick up IT management responsibilities for what will become "more routine" areas. (See below!)
7. CFO Role Reordering: The combination of a rapidly changing/challenging global economy, and the increasing commoditization of routine business software feature/functions, is moving application software decision-making responsibilities to non-technical roles. Watch for the CFO and line of business executives/managers to increasingly be the decision makers for routine software applications in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer/constituent relationship management (CRM) space.
8. Technology Buyers will Boycott "Lock-In" Policies: As business software buyers become increasingly wary of vendor lock-in policies that limit their options to respond to rapid change circumstances, they will increasingly favor options that provide "post implementation agility." Options to port deployment in and out of the cloud, and to continuously reorganize/restructure without major cost/disruption, will be favored over all-cloud and/or rigidly coded software options that won't change easily.
9. Excellent Customer Service will be a Competitive Advantage: Many cloud- and app-based companies offer minimal customer service, tending toward spotty self-help forums that provide uneven and unproven support. Customers will increase their due diligence into the companies handling their critical data, and will expect customer service to be part of the value they receive. A SaaS model encourages good customer service because switching to a new vendor is less disruptive.
"What is occurring in the business software world is a convergence of mobile/social/cloud dynamics, overlaid by an increasingly younger user base that has different requirements," explained Shelley Zapp, CEO of UNIT4 Business Software. "Gone are the days when technology solutions are relegated only to IT departments and senior level executives - or are minimized to data entry only. Today's faster moving, more agile workforces know how to use technology to impact results, and companies like UNIT4 that offer the means to put these solutions into the right hands will provide the best value to companies and organizations."
About UNIT4 Business Software
UNIT4 Business Software is the North American subsidiary of UNIT4, a $550 million global business software and services company that creates, provides and supports software for Businesses Living IN Change - delivered via the cloud or on-premise. It offers solutions that help these fast-changing public, private, non-profit and higher education "BLINC" organizations embrace business change - simply, quickly and cost-effectively. UNIT4 Agresso, the company's flagship Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) suite and UNIT4 Coda Financials, its best-of-class financial management software, are used by 6000+ organizations in more than 100 countries. For more information visit www.unit4software.com or follow the company on Twitter, LinkedIn and Innovating4Change, the company blog.
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Jan. 23, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 5,878
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 22, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,008
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 22, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,866
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 22, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,691
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 22, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 3,761
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,832
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,296
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 22, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,232
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 22, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 4,395
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 22, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,693
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 22, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,977
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Jan. 22, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,746
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 22, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 4,774
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 22, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 3,032
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 5,018
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 22, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 992
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 22, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,985
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 22, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 5,081
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 2,922
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Ca...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 7,935