|By RealWire News Distribution||
|January 9, 2013 07:27 AM EST||
Available in the UK on iOS, Android and BB Touch devices
LONDON, 9th January, 2013 - Telmap, pioneers in mobile location-based services, announced today a new partnership with HRS, Europe's leading hotel portal. Users of M8 in the UK can now benefit from this integration by having location-relevant access to HRS's vast directory of hotels, serving as a launch pad for making reservations to said hotels. Integrated hotel booking effectively supports Telmap's mission of providing people with instant, relevant, reliable and fun information while on-the-go.
Operating a global electronic hotel reservation system, HRS caters to business and private travellers by offering a database of more than 250,000 hotels worldwide (with several thousand in the UK) and across all price ranges. This comprehensive database now empowers M8 users in the UK to search for hotels near them or in areas they will be traveling to and make informed decisions by reviewing hotel-specific information all from within M8, make reservations free of charge, with immediate confirmation and at the continually-updated special HRS prices. Furthermore, users may proceed to make their reservations and ultimately navigate directly to their chosen hotel. M8 users are not the only winners here as Hotels can now effectively provide their potential guests with search that is based on location; not to mention simplified reservations booking and ultimately offering their guests first-in-class navigation to the hotel itself.
"Partnering up with trusted, well-known content providers is part of Telmap's long-term strategy of aiming to offer significant added value to our users. In this vein, we are excited to be collaborating with HRS in our M8 UK offering; essentially closing the "on-the-go" hotel search loop by offering our users a first-class location-based hotel search, booking and navigation experience." - Tim Owen | UK Country Manager, Telmap
"M8 is the ideal partner for us as mobile solutions become increasingly significant. More and more people book their hotels spontaneously and at short notice. We are thrilled with this strategic partnership, which will help us to expand our mobile business in UK", said Bjoern Kraemer, Director Mobile & New Media at HRS.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
Telmap, which is an Intel company since 2011, is a world leader in mobile location-based services. Telmap provides mobile operators with cloud-based, managed location-based services that are fully designed to open new business opportunities and generate new revenue streams. Telmap is also providing the same service with its own branded mobile application called M8, your local mate. The company has established a solid reputation for providing its customers with innovative, value added end-to-end mobile location based services that enrich on-the-go experiences through integration of local content, community interactions, and relevant retail offers.
The Telmap end-to-end offering is comprised of three parts: First, Telmap's flagship product, the Mobile Location Companion application that caters to all users' needs while out and about, with location central to everything: social interactions, deals and promotions, exploration of one's surroundings, and more. Second, the Telmap offering includes a robust location platform with a set of APIs that are designed to support Telmap customers and third party developers in delivering a strong LBS strategy and are available through the Intel Developer Program. And third, a full set of professional services such as porting, billing and local content integrations, channel marketing, business intelligence and more.
Telmap is the #1 provider of choice for mobile location-based services and its technology has been selected by leading industry players such as Orange France, Vodafone, Vodacom, Cell C, SFR, O2, Telefonica, SingTel, OPTUS, Cellcom, Pelephone, Partner and more.
For more information, please visit www.telmap.com, or look for the Telmap and M8 pages on Facebook.
For further information on Telmap, please contact Liberty Communications:
Rosanna Yusuf/Hayley Myles
T: +44 (0) 20 7751 4444
E: [email protected]
HRS operates a global hotel portal for business and leisure travellers featuring over 250,000 hotels in 180 countries and covering all categories; on average, the site has 12 million visits per month. The company has worldwide a large range of hotels available, including tens of thousands of individual houses and hundreds of chains. The complimentary booking service allows travellers to book accommodation online at rock bottom prices - with a best price guarantee. Moreover, the exclusive HRS price guarantees a saving of at least ten percent compared with those offered by the competition. Choosing a hotel is made easier by comprehensive hotel descriptions, detailed hotel videos and some 3 million guest reviews. In addition to serving millions of private customers, HRS regularly receives accommodation reservations from more than 35,000 companies organising business trips, conferences and group travel; the latter benefit from special HRS business rates with up to 30 percent off the day's current prices. As a leader of innovation, the company also sets standards when it comes to mobile reservations. HRS provides apps for all standard smartphones and tablet PCs, thus allowing customers to book the hotel room of their choice even when they're on the move. Founded in 1972, the company is based in Cologne and operates branch offices in London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Warsaw, Shanghai and Singapore. HRS is sole owner of the Alpine portal www.tiscover.com based in Innsbruck and the majority shareholder of hotel.de AG based in Nuremberg.
For more information go to www.HRS.com
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- Misconceptions Around App Testing in the Private Cloud
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar