|By ACN Newswire||
|January 9, 2013 01:43 AM EST||
Hong Kong, Jan 9, 2013 - (ACN Newswire) - Winners of the fourth Hong Kong Stationery Award were announced last night in a ceremony at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC). Winning entries ranged from a lightweight carbon hybrid conference table to a 3-D message note clip, as well as rabbit- and giraffe-shaped pens and a multi-board for organising desktops.
The winners showcased their products this afternoon at the South Concourse of Hall 3E of the HKCEC. The winning entries will be on display at the Hall 1D Concourse throughout the Hong Kong International Stationery Fair, which continues through 10 January at the HKCEC.
One grand award and four merit awards were presented by a judging panel. Originality, creativity, practicability, function, design and marketability were the competition's criteria.
The competition was organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council and Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, joint organisers of the Stationery Fair. The winning products follow:
- Award: Excellence Grand Award & Merit Award (Practicability & Function)
- Company: Zing Cheng Enterprises Co Ltd (Booth: 5B-E34)
- Product: Lightweight carbon hybrid conference table
Julie Tsai, a representative of Taiwan's Zing Cheng Enterprises Company, said that in preparing for company meetings, her female colleagues often found it difficult to move tables and chairs. This spurred the company into developing the winning entry, a lightweight carbon hybrid conference table, weighing just 8.75 kilograms.
- Award: Merit Award (Originality and Creativity)
- Company: Ningbo Guangbo Paper Products Manufacturing Co Ltd (Booth: 5B-B23)
- Product: Message Note Clip
The inspiration for the message note clip came from the use of pigeons in sending messages in ancient times, according to Xu Shanshan, Assistant to the General Manager at Ningbo Guangbo Paper Products Manufacturing Co Ltd. "There were many difficulties in designing this product," she said. "For example, how a two-dimensional piece of paper could be turned three-dimensional and stand-alone." Made entirely of paper, the note clip can be recycled after use.
- Award: Merit Award (Design)
- Company: Ni Hau Industrial Co Ltd (Booth: 5B-E20)
- Product: Rabbit-shaped pens and giraffe-shaped pens
"In addition to being writing instruments, the pens serve as desktop decorations," said Jasmine Huang, Assistant Manager, Sales & Product Development at Taiwan's Ni Hau Industrial Co Ltd. From design to manufacturing, the product was developed in Taiwan.
- Award: Merit Award (Marketability)
- Company: WITH CNS Co., Ltd (Booth: 5B-A27)
- Product: Multi-Board
John Shin, General Manager of Korean company WITH CNS, said the Multi-Board helps organise desks via receptacles for pens, memos, mugs, mobile phones, paper clips, USBs, stationery items and other everyday articles. "Many multi-boards are made of plastic, whereas ours is made of round-cornered tempered glass." The company plans to cooperate with stationery suppliers at the Hong Kong International Stationery Fair.
Photo Download: http://filesharing.tdc.org.hk/hktdc/download.php?fid=_phpxNdYbz
The Hong Kong International Stationery Fair, in Hall 5B of the HKCEC, continues through 10 January. It is taking place alongside the HKTDC Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair, the largest toy fair in Asia, the HKTDC Hong Kong International Licensing Show and the HKTDC Hong Kong Baby Products Fair.
HKTDC Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair: http://www.hktdc.com/hktoyfair
HKTDC Hong Kong Baby Products Fair: http://www.hktdc.com/hkbabyfair
Hong Kong International Stationery Fair: http://www.hkstationeryfair.com
Hong Kong International Licensing Show: http://www.hktdc.com/hklicensingshow
About Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is Germany's leading trade fair organiser, with 538 million euros in sales and 1,891 active employees worldwide. The Messe Frankfurt Group has a global network of 28 subsidiaries and about 50 international sales partners, giving it a presence for its customers in more than 150 countries. Events "made by Messe Frankfurt" take place at more than 30 locations around the globe. In 2012, Messe Frankfurt organised 109* trade fairs, of which more than half took place outside Germany. Messe Frankfurt's exhibition grounds, featuring 578,000 square metres, is currently home to 10 exhibition halls and an adjacent Congress Center. The company is publicly owned, with the City of Frankfurt holding 60 percent and the State of Hesse 40 percent. For more information, please visit: www.messefrankfurt.com
A statutory body established in 1966, the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) is the international marketing arm for Hong Kong-based traders, manufacturers and service providers. With more than 40 global offices, including 11 on the Chinese mainland, the HKTDC promotes Hong Kong as a platform for doing business with China and throughout Asia. The HKTDC also organises trade fairs and business missions to connect companies with opportunities in Hong Kong and on the mainland, while providing information via trade publications, research reports and online. For more information, please visit: www.hktdc.com . Follow us on Google+, Twitter @hktdc, LinkedIn.
HKTDC Corporate Communication Department Joe Kainz Tel: +852 2584 4216 Email: [email protected] Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd Kanice Ho Tel: +852 2230 9225 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar