|By Ignacio M. Llorente||
|January 8, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
Continuing its strong commitment to open-source and to the OpenNebula community, C12G has just announced that every OpenNebula Maintenance Release and Service Pack will be made publicly available at the community site. From release 3.8, the OpenNebula community will enjoy the benefits of the OpenNebulaPro distribution including the C12G’s Quality Assurance processes.
This change in the Release and Q&A Strategy of OpenNebula will bring many benefits to all stakeholders:
- Community users will now have access to a more frequently updated, certified enterprise-ready software distribution. The OpenNebula community will have access to regular Maintenance Releases with fixes and minor enhancements; as well as to Service Packs that will extend the life of each OpenNebula series for up to three years.
- Commercial support subscribers will receive production level support for OpenNebula without having to wait for an additional certification process. All of the many benefits of C12G’s commercial support subscriptions will apply for OpenNebula cloud deployments. Also any community installation of OpenNebula can enter a support program without installing a new version of OpenNebula.
This new Release Strategy and Q&A Process, together with the existing Upgrade Process for production environments and the availability of several support options directly from developers, will reduce cost and complexity of your OpenNebula cloud and ensure its long term stability and performance.
There are now three different support options for OpenNebula:
- Community Support for developers, researchers and technical enthusiasts to test and evaluate the capabilities of the software, and to build pre-production cloud environments.
- Basic Support for corporations, research centers and governments that require expert support assistance with basic SLAs during customization and building phases or to operate non-production cloud environments for testing/development applications. The annual subscription rate for the basic support is a flat fee of 750 euros for unlimited servers.
- Production Support for corporations, research centers and governments that require expert support assistance with production SLAs to operate cloud environments for production applications. The annual subscription rate for the production support varies with the level of service and the size of the cloud starting at 320 euros per server.
Basic and Production Support options are commercial support subscriptions that help sustain the OpenNebula project. Besides the long-term commercial support, utterly important to medium and large organizations, commercial support subscriptions bring additional benefits in terms of software, like access to the OpenNebulaApps suite or influence on the OpenNebula roadmap; documentation, with access to the PDF version of the guides and discounts in training; and legal protection.
Apr. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,454
Apr. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,715
Apr. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,602
Apr. 28, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,351
Apr. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,541
Apr. 28, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,072
Apr. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,484
Apr. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,439
Apr. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,584
Apr. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 518
Apr. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,160
Apr. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,383
Apr. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 515
Apr. 28, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 923
Apr. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 664
Apr. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 700
Apr. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,493
Apr. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 514
Apr. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 940
Apr. 28, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 781