|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2013 08:02 AM EST||
DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI), a leader in high-definition audio solutions, and Wren Sound Systems, makers of high-end wireless speakers for smartphones, tablets and computers, today announced a collaboration to deliver the Wren V5PF, the first third-party speaker to utilize DTS Play-Fi™ wireless technology.
Part of Wren Sound System’s V5 line of wireless speakers, the V5PF featuring Play-Fi allows users to stream HD-quality audio from connected devices over Wi-Fi, with no compression or deterioration in quality.
“DTS Play-Fi was developed to bring high-quality audio back to the home,” said Brian Towne, executive vice president and chief operating officer, DTS. “The Wren V5PF is a prime example of the vision we had for DTS Play-Fi. This speaker system’s state-of-the-art components and sophisticated acoustic design are able to take full advantage of DTS Play-Fi’s ability to transmit HD-quality lossless audio, and reproduce audio so true to the original source material that even purists will be impressed.”
DTS Play-Fi wireless technology enables the delivery of Hi-Fi home audio over standard Wi-Fi networks directly from devices that use a Play-Fi app or software driver. The technology can be easily incorporated into speakers, soundbars, AVRs and other playback devices, as well as into phones, tablets, PCs and other audio sources.
The benefits of DTS Play-Fi include:
- Quality Sound Experience—DTS Play-Fi wirelessly transmits high-definition “lossless” audio, with no impact on sound quality
- Multi-Room Listening Experience—Connect as many as eight different audio systems to one network and enjoy music and audio in every room of your home or office, perfectly synchronized with no lag. Or you can stream different songs to different rooms via different mobile devices
- Connectivity Range—DTS Play-Fi-enabled mobile devices connect wirelessly to playback systems via a standard wireless home network, enabling DTS Play-Fi connectivity anywhere within the home
- DTS Play-Fi Mobile App—The DTS Play-Fi Mobile App turns any connected device into an audio control center, allowing you to enjoy stored or cloud-based audio content over DTS Play-Fi-enabled audio systems
“Wren Sound Systems is dedicated to creating wireless speakers that make truly moving audio relevant and accessible in the age of digital content,” Wren Sound Systems president and CEO Mike Giffin said. “We couldn’t be more pleased to be launching a DTS Play-Fi-equipped model. The platform gives us a chance to bring wireless Hi-Fi audio to listeners who’ve never experienced it, and we believe they’ll be impressed with DTS Play-Fi’s sound quality, simple setup and multi-room streaming feature. From an engineering perspective, DTS Play-Fi was simple to implement within the Wren V5PF. The plug-and-play module, the streamlined API and DTS’ technical support allowed us to bring the speaker to market faster than we expected.”
Like all Wren V5 wireless speakers, the V5PF features cutting-edge audio technology and real bamboo or rosewood veneers, brought together by classic audio know-how and old-school build quality. The result is a wireless speaker that delivers rich, room-filling sound and superior ease of use in a refined, elegant package.
Pricing and Availability
The Wren V5PF will be available in early 2013, with an MSRP of $399. The companion Wren Play-Fi App will be free and available on the Google Play Store and the Amazon Marketplace.
About DTS, Inc.
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ:DTSI) is dedicated to making digital entertainment exciting, engaging and effortless by providing state-of-the-art audio technology to more than a billion consumer electronics products worldwide. From a renowned legacy as a pioneer in high definition multi-channel audio, DTS became a mandatory audio format in the Blu-ray Disc™ standard and is now increasingly deployed in enabling digital delivery of compelling movies, music, games and other forms of digital entertainment to a growing array of network-connected consumer devices. With the acquisition of SRS Labs, DTS strengthens its position as a leader in providing end-to-end audio solutions to the rapidly growing network entertainment sector. DTS technology is in car audio systems, digital media players, DVD players, game consoles, home theaters, PCs, set-top boxes, smart phones, surround music content and every device capable of playing Blu-ray™ discs. Founded in 1993, DTS' corporate headquarters are located in Calabasas, California with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Los Gatos and Santa Ana, California, Washington, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS, the Symbol, and DTS and the Symbol together, are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. © 2013 DTS, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Wren Sound Systems
Wren Sound Systems creates high-performance wireless speakers for smartphones, tablets and computers. The Phoenixville, Pa., company – founded in 2011 by Mike Giffin, former Senior VP of Global Brands for Harman International’s consumer audio business – is dedicated to combining cutting-edge technology, old school materials and build quality, and classic audio know-how to deliver beautiful, affordable sound systems to music lovers who have a passion for simplicity, quality and great design. Wren’s exclusively direct-to-consumer sales model eliminates retail markup, allowing the company to use the best materials and internal components available while maintaining wallet-friendly prices.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar