|By ACN Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 03:54 AM EST||
- ACWUA to play a significant role in helping find solutions to regional water issues
Abu Dhabi, Jan 8, 2013 - (ACN Newswire) - The International Water Summit's focus on water scarcity in arid regions is receiving strong regional support, and the influential Arab Countries Water Utilities Association (ACWUA) has confirmed they will be Knowledge Partner of the powerful global event.
With recent reports drawing a bleak picture for the future global water reserves and UN-Water warning that two-thirds of the world's population will face a lack of water in less than 20 years, if current trends in climate change, population growth, rural to urban migration and consumption continue, the need for regional collaboration on water supply in the dry Middle Eastern countries is greater than ever.
ACWUA, which has a membership network of more than 100 water utilities, private sector companies and academic institutions, will play a significant knowledge-building role at the International Water Summit which is hosted by Masdar and will take place in Abu Dhabi from 15 - 17 January 2013.
Eng. Khaldon Khashman, Secretary General of ACWUA, believes that the organization's partnership with the International Water Summit will encourage event greater collaboration on water scarcity issues within the region.
"By supporting the first International Water Summit, ACWUA aims to build new liaisons with water-related industries in the Gulf, a region that pioneers water projects and provides access to strategic partners and stakeholders who hold expertise, talent, industry knowledge and trade enthusiasm," said Eng. Khashman.
"I would like to welcome all participants at the International Water Summit 2013, and invite them to seize this unique opportunity to connect with a global network of political leaders, water experts and investors from the public and private sector."
"ACWUA's aim is to build a solid, professional platform for water experts from all over the world to share and exchange their knowledge and expertise. We strongly believe that global cooperation is essential if we want to accelerate the development of sustainable water solutions. This is why ACWUA is promoting the International Water Summit 2013 within its network through advertisements, website announcements, newsletters and social media tools."
ACWUA's involvement with IWS will include a panel discussion themed 'Analytical Outlook of Network Efficiency', and a presentation by Eng. Khashman, titled 'Certification of Water and Wastewater Operators in the Arab Region (Challenges and Road Map)'.
Peter McConnell, Show Director for IWS, said that the ACWUA's partnership is a sign of concerted Gulf efforts to find solutions to the water scarcity issues facing the region.
"ACWUA represents an influential coalition of water-related partners within the MENA region, and their collective knowledge will significantly contribute to the discussions at IWS, adding a strong regional perspective to global water issues."
The first International Water Summit to be launched in 2013 will gather world leaders, business innovators and academia luminaries from the global water community to explore future developments of the water industry and the water-energy nexus.
IWS will present participants and visitors with a unique opportunity to network with decision makers, solution providers and water experts from the public and private sectors over three possibility-laden days that will include a high-profile conference with more than 85 prominent speakers and an exhibition that has attracted over 150 exhibitors from 20 countries.
The International Water Summit 2013, which is co-located with the World Future Energy Summit, both hosted by Masdar, will be held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC), UAE, from 15 - 17 January 2013, as part of the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week.
ACWUA is building a solid, professional platform for water experts from all over the world to share and exchange their knowledge and expertise through the various, exceptional events and activities organized over the year, such as training & certification programs, best practice conferences, seminars and workshops; to raise members' efficiency and performance level.
ACWUA is under the umbrella of the Arab Ministerial Water Council/League of Arab States and is supported by many international organizations. ACWUA is a regional center for excellence that partners with water and wastewater utilities in the Arab countries, to provide best practice delivery services to their customers.
ACWUA has recently joined the American Association of Boards (ABC) of Certification as a Regulatory Member, and has become the exclusive implementer of the Water Operators Certification Program in the region.
ACWUA is also a member of the MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA-NETWORK OF WATER CENTERS OF EXCELLENCE (MENA NWC) to lead the water supply and sanitation thematic group, that aims to link technical institutions across the Middle East and North Africa with each other, with counterpart institutions in the United States and elsewhere, with governments, and with the private sector to solve the critical water problems confronting the region.
About International Water Summit 2013
In response to the Abu Dhabi leadership's compelling declaration that water is more important than oil in the United Arab Emirates, the 2013 International Water Summit from 15 - 17 January 2013 is a bold first step in this arid region to develop the strategic action plans and innovative solutions needed to safeguard this invaluable resource with as little environmental impact as possible.
The 2013 International Water Summit is a testament to the commitment taken by the UAE, Abu Dhabi and Masdar to embrace the inseparable relationship between water and energy. Like energy sustainability, water sustainability needs to be at the top of the global agenda. For more information about the International Water Summit, visit: www.iwsabudhabi.com.
Source: International Water Summit 2013
Reem Diab ASDA'A Burson-Marsteller Abu Dhabi, UAE T: +971 2 6334133 E: [email protected]
Copyright 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar