|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Entering the new year with significant momentum for its mobile business, LG Electronics USA is using International CES® 2013 to showcase award-winning smartphone user experiences. With a wide range of cutting-edge mobile devices created to enhance consumers' lives, LG is well positioned for a robust 2013, according to James Fishler, senior vice president, marketing, LG Electronics USA.
"We're ushering in 2013 with confidence and enthusiasm, building on a breakthrough year for LG Electronics' mobile business," Fishler said here today at LG's press conference on the eve of CES 2013. "With some of the hottest products now on the market like the Optimus G and Nexus 4, LG has captured the enthusiasm of consumers and influencers alike.
"We're leveraging the strengths of our sister LG companies for outstanding technologies, introducing "Zerogap Touch" technology from LG Display and LG Innotek and improved battery technology from LG Chem. And we're further strengthening alliances with some of the industry's biggest and most successful companies, including Qualcomm, Google and our carrier partners, setting us up very nicely for the new year," Fishler added.
Greatly enhancing ease-of-use and multitasking for Android users, the fresh release of the LG proprietary Optimus UI 3.0 delivers unique user experiences like QuickMemo™, QSlide, Live Zoom and Dual Screen Dual Play, Fishler explained.
QuickMemo lets users take a screenshot and add their own commentary or drawings while the QSlide function gives users the ability to text, read emails and navigate the web while watching video. Using Live Zoom, users can zoom in and out to enjoy the smallest details in a video. Dual Screen Dual Play allows users to not only mirror content between a smartphone and a TV or monitor, but also display different content on each screen, allowing more flexibility for multitasking.
Debuting for the global market at CES 2013, LG's new VuTalk feature will let users enjoy a new layer of communication by collaboratively hand-writing notes and sharing content with their contacts. VuTalk can be used either during a phone call as a way to add visuals – such as notes, images, maps and more – or as a standalone application to provide a unique alternative to sending email or making a call. Shared content can then be then saved in the Notebook application for access later.
Highlighting its extensive arsenal of compelling smartphone user experiences, LG is featuring hot new handsets at CES 2013 (Booth #8204, Central Hall, Las Vegas Convention Center). They include:
Designed collaboratively between LG Electronics and Google, Nexus 4 is the newest hero smartphone in the Nexus line-up from Google. With a cutting-edge quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor, a vibrant 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus display supported by Zerogap Touch technology, a high-performance 8MP camera and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, Nexus 4 puts the best of Google in the palm of your hand. Nexus 4 is available now on T-Mobile for $199.99 with a two-year service agreement or unlocked for $299 and up on Google Play.
LG Optimus G
Honored with a 2013 CES Innovations Award, the LG Optimus G is a high-end smartphone that is the result of extensive collaboration between external and internal stakeholders. Packing a 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and built with a 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus display with Zerogap Touch technology developed by LG Display and LG Innotek, LG Optimus G delivers vivid, crisp visuals. Combined with a long-lasting battery developed by LG Chem for extended battery life, LG Optimus G is available now on AT&T and Sprint for $199.99 with a two-year service agreement.
Intuition™ by LG
Intuition by LG's innovative design and features let users record their most creative ideas while also staying productive, with just one powerful yet portable device. Featuring a 5-inch display and a 4:3 aspect ratio, Intuition by LG is ideal for reading e-books, watching videos, Web browsing and reviewing presentations. Additionally, with a single press of a dedicated button, users can open QuickMemo to draw or write messages with a single finger or the included Rubberdium™ pen. From personalized messages to pictures or maps, users can easily share their commentary with friends through text messages, social media, email and more. Intuition by LG is available now on Verizon Wireless for $199.99 with a two-year service agreement.
For more information and product images, please visit LG's online press kit at www.LGnewsroom.com/ces2013.
Design, features and specifications subject to change without notice. Features and functionality may vary by carrier.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative mobile phones, home entertainment products, home appliances, and air conditioning systems and energy solutions, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. LG Electronics is a 2012 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances. With 117 operations around the world, LG achieved global sales of USD 49 billion (KRW 54.26 trillion) in 2011. LG comprises four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communica-tions, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solution – and is one of the world's leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. LG Electronics is a 2012 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- Misconceptions Around App Testing in the Private Cloud
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar