|By PR Newswire||
|January 4, 2013 10:13 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- New Media Expo (NMX), the annual new media industry conference and trade show produced by BlogWorld, revealed several exciting announcements from the roster of exhibitors that are taking part in its event this month. NMX has long been a venue for product launches and important announcements by key players in the new media ecosystem. 2013 looks to be no exception with companies like BlackBerry® maker Research In Motion, Lemon.ly, Cemmerce, Bootic, .ME Registry, New Media Rights, Ebyline and many others issuing news from the highly influential conference and trade show, which is slated to take place January 6th through the 8th at Las Vegas's Rio Convention Center.
"We're honored that many of the key companies in the New Media marketplace roll out their most significant news at New Media Expo," said BlogWorld CEO, Rick Calvert. "Timely content from bloggers, podcasters and web video creators is now essential for brand success, and the companies that exhibit at NMX are on the leading edge of connecting new media content with commerce."
Among some of the notable exhibitors at NMX this year:
BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (RIM) will showcase the BlackBerry® App Generator, a solution that takes web content and creates a mobile application, with a social twist. RSS feeds, blog feeds, YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook fan pages and more can be easily aggregated and turned into applications for BlackBerry smartphones, BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets and upcoming BlackBerry® 10 devices, in minutes. Content providers can also enhance their apps by adding social sharing that leverages BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™) – RIM's mobile social network with 60 million active customers.
"We want to offer New Media Expo attendees the opportunity to work with our platform experts to create a BlackBerry app in minutes," said Alec Saunders, Vice President, Developer Relations and Ecosystems at Research In Motion. "Adding social sharing with BBM to a web-based app is done with a simple click and creates the opportunity to gain tremendous viral buzz that can give developers greater awareness and more downloads of their app."
Bootic, the innovative e-commerce network, will debut its new Social Shopping program. Building on the affiliate model, the Social Shopping program partners with entrepreneurial bloggers and social media mavens to offer targeted consumer goods available on Bootic to shoppers. The Social Shopping program monetizes content providers' expertise, converting their web traffic into profits. In as little as five clicks, bloggers and social media entrepreneurs can connect readers and followers with the Bootic Shopping experience. Since Bootic stocks a vast variety of products ranging from pet supplies to high fashion, bloggers and others who are social media savvy can appeal to a broad range of audiences and interests.
"We are excited to offer an easy-to-implement, customizable program for partnering content with profit," explained Eric Barber, CEO of Bootic. "The Social Shopping program is one of the many unique features that sets Bootic apart as an innovative e-commerce site."
Cemmerce will help bloggers and other content providers better monetize their content with free "monetization makeover" sessions. Cemmerce will analyze and provide recommendations for increasing revenue on any attendee's web site can web site.
At its booth, Cemmerce will demonstrate how bloggers can easily capitalize on the growing affiliate marketplace. With the Cemmerce platform, free to content creators, a new standard has been set for simplicity in monetizing content. By adding only a few lines of code to a website or installing a simple plug-in, Cemmerce automatically and accurately converts product references in web content into live commerce links with real-time price-comparison data. The links generate new revenue streams from both older and current online content. Cemmerce's proprietary algorithm enables highly accurate mapping to products within the content, only identifying exact products matches that can be purchased.
.ME, the most personal Internet extension available, is perfect for anyone who wants to personalize their identity and manage their reputation online. The .ME team will join New Media Expo's superstar speakers to share how to utilize and conquer new media in a presentation on the "ME Selling Proposition." Attendees will learn how personalizing the online experience adds value and emotional depth to great content.
New Media Rights
Ebyline, the platform where bloggers connect with freelance journalists, is giving away a total of $2000 in prizes to qualified content creators attending NMX 2013. Two $1000 prizes will be awarded in the form of a credit to be spent on Ebyline. For complete contest rules and how to enter visit http://www.ebyline.com/nmx.
Ebyline is a secure online platform for bloggers, brands and content producers to collaborate with vetted, professional freelance journalists. Ebyline's tools make the process of managing and tracking freelancer journalists easier than ever before. The Virtual Newsroom™ solution automates all freelancer administration including assignment/pitch flow, tax management and payment processing. Plus, editors and publishers have instant access to a pool of qualified, experienced freelance journalists from around the world for a cost-effective way to expand coverage. Founded by veterans of the Los Angeles Times, and specialists in new content distribution models, Ebyline's client partners include E.W. Scripps & Co., Los Angeles Times, Intel, Morris, and Snooth.com, among many others.
Lemon.ly's goal is to make the world an easier place to understand. Lemon.ly is a visual marketing firm that specializes in infographics, data visualization and UI/UX design. Now, the company has turned its attention to educating others on creating infographics. In early December, Lemon.ly launched a course on the Udemy platform titled 'How To Infographics: Data, Design, Distribute.' Take Lemon.ly's course and start to make your own sweet visuals.
About New Media Expo (NMX)
NMX, formerly BlogWorld & New Media Expo, is the first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference and media event geared specifically for digital content creators including Bloggers, Podcasters, Web TV & Video series producers, and is dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media. Thousands of leading content creators, representing more than 50 countries, come to network and learn about Content Creation, Distribution, Monetization and Social Media Marketing strategies, including step-by-step techniques and leading-edge tools from the most successful and influential new media pros. Additionally, NMX features a resource-packed trade show, the industry's only comprehensive new media exhibition for finding solutions and making important new media technology, service and product purchase decisions. Register to attend here: http://nmxlive.com/2013-lv/registration/
New Media Expo is sponsored by premium brands including: Ford Motor Company, LiveLab, BlackBerry, .ME, Group High, Guinness Black Lager, WeCare, WordPress, U.S. Army, Overblog, Technorati, Simul-TV, Gunnar Optiks, TechZulu, SAG/AFTRA, Social Radius, Ustream, PR Newswire, NewTek and more.
Exhibiting and Sponsorship Inquiries:
Patti Hosking, Director of Business Development
(858) 309-4747 x109
Shawn Roberts, TallGrass Public Relations
SOURCE BlogWorld & New Media Expo
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar