|By Business Wire||
|January 3, 2013 04:01 PM EST||
Americans work hard for their money. From teachers to construction workers, firefighters to servicemen and women, TurboTax®, the nation’s No.1 rated best-selling tax software from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) gave more than 25 million Americans last year the power to get more of it back.
TurboTax guides taxpayers through a personalized experience to help them find every tax deduction and credit they deserve – whether a soldier’s deployment pay, a student’s loan interest or a teacher’s crayons – so they know they’re keeping all of their hard-earned money.
In addition, highly qualified TurboTax tax experts are available year-round for free so that taxpayers can get answers to their questions, even before starting their returns. And only TurboTax lets taxpayers talk to certified public accountants, Internal Revenue Service enrolled agents or tax attorneys as often as they like while they’re preparing their tax return, free.
“My TurboTax CPA was amazing,” said Laura Jones of Philadelphia. “He helped me find an additional $300 on my return. When I needed help, TurboTax was there for me, every step of the way.”
This year, TurboTax seamlessly combines the power of technology with the expertise of credentialed tax experts to deliver a customized experience, no matter the person’s job, family or life situation.
- NEW! TurboTax Military Edition: Specifically created for members of the military by TurboTax employees who are members of the military and our TurboTax experts, TurboTax Military Edition addresses the unique tax situations and challenges facing servicemen and women. The specialized product guides them through state of residency and combat pay questions, as well as tax deductions for uniforms, permanent change of station and special tax provisions for the earned income tax credit. TurboTax Military Edition is free for junior enlisted personnel, rank E-1 to E-5, through Feb. 14.
- Personalized interview: TurboTax for 2012 offers customized income entry to help new and returning customers easily and accurately enter the information required for their return. TurboTax focuses on the most common types of income and provides visual images of typical tax forms, like a W-2 or 1099, so customers know exactly what they need to do. Because TurboTax tailors questions to the unique tax situation of each individual, customers see only what is most relevant to them.
- MyTurboTax: New for TurboTax Online customers, MyTurboTax delivers a personalized experience for each customer to check e-file and refund status, view orders, access prior year returns, and manage their account settings, including SMS text notifications for their e-file status. MyTurboTax is mobile and tablet optimized so everything is available on-the-go, anytime, all in one place.
Keep More of Your Hard-Earned Money
Up to date with the latest tax forms, TurboTax guides taxpayers through the deductions and credits that are most relevant for them so they get their biggest possible tax refund, guaranteed. A teacher’s classroom supplies could be worth up to a $250 tax deduction. A student's books and tuition could be worth an education tax credit up to $2,500 and a working mother with two children can claim the earned income tax credit, which may put an additional $5,236 in her pocket.
With TurboTax, taxpayers get their fastest refund possible, with e-file and direct deposit. Customers can also choose to get their refund on a newly issued Visa prepaid card from Netspend or on any bank-issued pre-paid debit card.
“We know people work hard for their paychecks and we believe they should have the power to keep as much of it as possible,” said Dan Maurer, general manager of TurboTax. “TurboTax 2012 gives customers a more personalized experience and access to our tax experts so they can be confident we’re by their side, every step of the way.”
File on Smartphone or iPad
Whether taxpayers want to estimate their taxes, prepare and e-file their return, or track their tax refund, TurboTax has a mobile app for that.
TurboTax SnapTax, the first mobile tax preparation app, is available to even more people this year. In addition to 1040EZ filers, now taxpayers with dependents and those claiming the earned income tax credit, can also snap a photo of their W-2, answer a few simple questions, and e-file within minutes from their smartphone.
Anyone can use SnapTax to start their taxes for free by snapping a picture of their W-2, and then with a click, securely transfer that information to TurboTax Online. In addition, those who e-file their tax return can track the status of their federal refund with MyTaxRefund, a free app available for iPhone, iPod Touch and Android devices.
Starting in mid-January, taxpayers can also conveniently prepare and e-file their taxes from their iPad and download TurboTax for the Mac from the Apple App Store.
Pricing and Availability
TurboTax Online pricing starts at free for simple federal tax returns. TurboTax Online federal and state products include e-filing at no additional cost and are available at http://www.TurboTax.com.
TurboTax 2012 desktop products start at $29.99, include preparation and e-filing for up to five federal returns, and are available at retail stores and direct from TurboTax.
TurboTax is the nation’s No. 1 rated, best-selling, do-it-yourself tax preparation software. Available on desktop, online and mobile, TurboTax helped more than 25 million people last year keep more of their hard-earned money. For more information, visit the TurboTax press room,like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/turbotax, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/turbotax, or visit our blog, Tax Break: The TurboTax Blog, at blog.turbotax.intuit.com/.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit’s leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $4.15 billion in its fiscal year 2012. The company has approximately 8,500 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at http://www.intuit.com.
Intuit and the TurboTax logo, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Live tax advice is a free service available year round via phone or live chat. Restrictions apply. Experience levels, hours of operation and availability vary and are subject to change without notice. See http://www.turbotax.com for details.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar