|By PR Newswire||
|January 2, 2013 01:26 PM EST||
CANTON, Mass., Jan. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dunkin' Donuts, America's all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, is kicking off 2013 with several "smart" new ways to help people hit the New Year running. To start, Dunkin' Donuts today launched its DDSMART® Twitter Sweepstakes, offering fans the chance to win a $50 Dunkin' Donuts mGift to help keep running with the brand's DDSMART menu of better-for-you food and beverages. Beginning today and continuing through Sunday, January 6, each day Dunkin' Donuts will ask a new question around the theme of running smartly in the year ahead. Fans who tweet an answer to @DunkinDonuts on Twitter using the special hashtag #DDSMART are eligible for a chance to win a $50 Dunkin' Donuts mGift. For additional terms and conditions related to Dunkin' Donuts' #DDSMART sweepstakes, please visit: http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/promotions/DDSMART_twitter_sweepstakes_legal_rules.html
Dunkin' Donuts has also added the new Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich to its DDSMART menu in select markets. A delicious breakfast sandwich option under 400 calories, the Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich features a pepper fried egg, turkey sausage patty and a slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese, served on an oven-toasted English Muffin. The Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich is available for a limited time only at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in New England and the Mid-Atlantic United States.
To help keep friends and family running in the New Year, Dunkin' Donuts has introduced a DDSMART-branded virtual Dunkin' Donuts Card. Virtual Dunkin' Donuts Cards can be sent via email, text or Facebook through the mGift feature on the Dunkin' Donuts mobile app, available for both iPhone and Android smartphones. With the mGift feature, users can send a variety of virtual Dunkin' Donuts cards, which can be redeemed directly from a mobile phone at any of the more than 6,000 participating U.S. Dunkin' Donuts locations. All Dunkin' Donuts mGifts can also be added directly to the Dunkin' App, reloaded right from the phone, and used as a fast, convenient way to pay every day.
To help runners of all skill sets hit the roads and races smartly in 2013, Dunkin' Donuts has partnered with Runner's World®, recognized as the worldwide authority on running information, to develop 5K and 10K training programs exclusively for Dunkin' Donuts. The programs are available in the DDSMART section on DunkinDonuts.com, along with several new articles written for Dunkin' Donuts by Runner's World, providing tips and advice to help runners of all ages and abilities achieve their personal health, fitness, and performance goals.
To help you eat better and keep running all year long, Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART menu offers an array of choices for guests seeking better-for-you options without compromising taste, quality or value. Many of these food and beverages have fewer than 300 calories, including:
- Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches (280 calories) are available in either Veggie or Turkey Sausage varieties. Both are served on toasted multigrain flatbread.
- Wake-Up Wraps are perfect for value-conscious, on-the-go people who want a fast, freshly-prepared breakfast option in a smaller portion size and with fewer calories than the usual breakfast sandwich. Wake-Up Wraps are available in several varieties, including Egg White Veggie (150 calories), Egg White Turkey Sausage (150 calories), Egg & Cheese (180 calories) and Ham, Egg & Cheese (200 calories).
- Small Latte Lite has 80 calories and is made with skim milk and Splenda®.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened hot teas are all zero-calories.
- Freshly-brewed unsweetened small and medium Iced Teas have five calories.
January is National Oatmeal Month, and Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART menu also includes Quaker® Oatmeal, available in two hearty varieties, Original and Brown Sugar flavor, both of which are served with dried fruit. Dunkin' Donuts' Quaker® Oatmeal with dried fruit has 270 calories and the Brown Sugar flavor variety with dried fruit has 300 calories.
All Dunkin' Donuts' DDSMART items meet at least one of the following criteria: 25% fewer calories; 25% less sugar, fat, saturated fat or sodium than comparable fare, and/or contain ingredients or nutrients that are nutritionally beneficial.
"Dunkin' Donuts is committed to offering a wide range of product choices so our guests can make decisions that are right for them," said Stan Frankenthaler, Dunkin' Brands' Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation. "Our DDSMART menu provides people with delicious better-for-you foods and beverages that make it easy to eat smart on-the-go."
To learn more about Dunkin' Donuts, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DunkinDonuts) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/DunkinDonuts).
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for six years running. The company has more than 10,000 restaurants in 32 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2011, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $6.4 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
SOURCE Dunkin' Donuts
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar