|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 06:00 PM EST||
BRUSSELS, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- VASCO Data Security International, Inc. (Nasdaq: VDSI; www.vasco.com), a leading software security company specializing in authentication products, leverages the use of the Belgian eID card for its MYDIGIPASS.COM platform. Additionally, the company has partnered with leading Belgian bank Belfius (www.belfius.be) to make Belfius' online banking application eID-ready.
With VASCO's DIGIPASS 810 eID reader, the company offers the more than 10 million Belgian citizens who own an eID the possibility to authenticate and generate OTPs (one-time passwords) through the use of a Belgian eID card and the PIN code linked to the eID. VASCO will hence enable Belgian citizens to authenticate themselves in a safe and user-friendly manner on every website secured by MYDIGIPASS.COM by using their eID and VASCO's unconnected eID reader DIGIPASS 810.
MYDIGIPASS.COM is VASCO's hosted consumer authentication platform offering convenient and secure login services to various web applications by adding two-factor authentication security in a straightforward and cost-efficient manner.
MYDIGIPASS.COM offers end-users different options to authenticate themselves. Citizens can download a free DIGIPASS for Mobile application on their smart phone, tablet or portable device from the MYDIGIPASS.COM platform. This mobile application offers citizens the possibility to securely log on to various applications by scanning a QR code or generating a dynamic, one-time password. VASCO also offers SMS authentication with its Virtual DIGIPASS.
Additionally, VASCO offers connected and unconnected card readers that are eID ready. With over 5 million DIGIPASS devices deployed in the Belgian banking market alone, VASCO's strong user authentication is already well integrated in the Belgian citizens' daily life.
Belfius, one of Belgium's leading banks with over 1,2 million active online banking clients, will be the first bank to leverage the use of the Belgian eID card for its online retail banking applications. The bank will deploy a branded DIGIPASS 870 card reader as of Q3 2013, offering its customers the possibility to conduct their online banking business with their bank card. Additionally, Belfius' customers can use the Belfius card reader to access all government applications that are protected with the eID. With this initiative Belfius is pioneering with eID compatibility in the banking world. The DIGIPASS card reader combined with the eID card will eventually be used to manage customer relations.
"We are proud to be part of such collaboration," says Michel Luttgens, Marketing director retail & commercial banking. "Through the deployment of the new DIGIPASS card reader, Belfius will be able to continue offering its online banking customers secure access, it also enables Belfius' customers to make full use of the eID protected applications. In this way, Belfius can significantly contribute to the adoption of e-government applications."
"We are very pleased to integrate the use of eID in our MYDIGIPASS.COM platform," says Jan Valcke, President and COO, from VASCO Data Security. "It is a big step forward towards reaching VASCO's objective to make its MYDIGIPASS.COM platform omnipresent and to give end users the possibility to be in control of their online identity. We'd further like to applaud the visionary approach of Belfius. With this partnership, Belfius on its part leverages the existing governmental platform for commercial and B2B applications."
"The more eID can be used for daily life applications, the more interesting it becomes", says State Secretary Hendrik Bogaert. He sees this project as an example of how to take e-government to a higher level. "Fedict develops innovative software which VASCO then uses to develop MYDIGIPASS.com. Belfius offers its clients the far-reaching opportunities of the new DIGIPASS. And a satisfied customer is what we all aim for."
Belfius Bank and Insurance, known as Dexia Bank Belgium up until 1 March 2012, is a for-profit PLC originally founded to meet local authority needs. Belfius Bank has approximately 4 million customers and has solid foundations in the retail, professional, public and social profit industry. Belfius' objective is to be a locally established relationship bank. More information on www.belfius.be
VASCO is a leading supplier of strong authentication and e-signature solutions and services specializing in Internet security applications and transactions. VASCO has positioned itself as a global software company for Internet security serving a customer base of approximately 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries, including approximately 1,700 international financial institutions. VASCO's prime markets are the financial sector, enterprise security, e-commerce and e-government.
Forward Looking Statements:
Statements made in this news release that relate to future plans, events or performances are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements (1) are identified by use of terms and phrases such as "expect", "believe", "will", "anticipate", "emerging", "intend", "plan", "could", "may", "estimate", "should", "objective" and "goal", "possible", "potential", and similar words and expressions, but such words and phrases are not the exclusive means of identifying them, and (2) are subject to risks and uncertainties and represent our present expectations or beliefs concerning future events. VASCO cautions that the forward-looking statements are qualified by important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties and other factors have been described in greater detail in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2010 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and include, but are not limited to, (a) risks of general market conditions, including currency fluctuations and the uncertainties in world economic and financial markets, (b) risks inherent to the computer and network security industry, including rapidly changing technology, evolving industry standards, increasing numbers of patent infringement claims, changes in customer requirements, price competitive bidding, and changing government regulations, and (c) risks specific to VASCO, including, demand for our products and services, competition from more established firms and others, pressures on price levels and our historical dependence on relatively few products, certain suppliers and certain key customers. Reference is made to VASCO's public filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for further information regarding VASCO and its operations.
This document may contain trademarks of VASCO Data Security International, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including VASCO, the VASCO "V" design, DIGIPASS, VACMAN, aXsGUARD and IDENTIKEY.
For more information contact: Jochem Binst, +32 2 609 97 00, email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VASCODataNews
SOURCE VASCO Data Security International, Inc.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing