|By Business Wire||
|December 17, 2012 04:25 PM EST||
Customer Experience Management provider Tahzoo today announced its top 10 predictions for marketers in 2013. In 2012, Tahzoo educated Fortune 500 companies on the importance of delivering engaging, relevant and persuasive customer experiences. The firm’s roster of clients includes Costco, DirecTV, Nationwide, Abbott Nutrition and KeyBank.
“New Year 2013 will usher in a hyper-focus on developing successful customer experience initiatives with personalized, relevant content across any channel, device or platform,” said Tahzoo CEO Brad Heidemann. “That success hinges on a number of complex factors ranging from organizational change management and governance to making mobile less of an afterthought. And the payoff will be felt in the bottom line, from sales to valuation. Next year will truly be a fascinating year to witness the successes and the missed opportunities.”
Tahzoo 2013 predictions include:
1. The evolution from multi-channel to omni-channel marketing. It is no longer sufficient to reach out to consumers across distinct channels. It is the sofa shopper who will simultaneously watch TV, and shop on their tablets while texting with friends from their mobile device. Expectations are for a connected experience that not only moves from device to device, but is relevant within the context of a very limited attention span.
2. Differentiated experiences driven through the next generation of personalization. With the advance of enterprise marketing platforms such as SDL, IBM and Adobe, marketers are going to embrace dynamic publishing and algorithmic recommendations to deliver more engaging, relevant and most importantly, persuasive customer experiences.
3. Social marketing will enter the 4th stage of maturity. The days of simply having a Facebook page or Tweeting about your products are gone. While social media has become a powerful customer service and PR channel, its real value is as a source of social intelligence that provides the behavioral and attitudinal insight needed to add the dimensions of context and real-time to the marketing mix.
4. Organizational Change Management and Governance will become top topics for customer experience initiatives. With the increased emphasis on creating and delivering engaging, relevant and persuasive customer experiences, organizations, teams and brands will have to recognize that in addition to programs and technologies, they will need to drive cooperation, collaboration and alignment across the different parts of the enterprise. Companies will begin to look at the creation of Change Experience Management Offices (CxMO) as the means to maximize the business value and ROI of their investments.
5. Managed Service Offerings will begin to be used by large enterprises to experiment with and drive quick-to-market enterprise marketing solutions. As with other enterprise technologies, enterprise marketing suites will become available in the cloud and will enable brands to experiment with new capabilities without the need for capital investment and long and complex IT projects.
6. Mobile will become less of an add-on or afterthought from a delivery perspective and become a more integral part of the full digital experience. Mobile will evolve from a distinct channel to a strategic component of the overall digital experience. Brands will begin to integrate the experience across devices, platforms and situations.
7. Responsive Design will be coupled with contextual marketing to drive effective mobile experiences. While there will be continued growth in responsive designs for mobile (phone and tablet), the increased expectations of the mobile audiences will force brands to understand and accommodate the contextually different expectations audiences have for a mobile experience.
8. Marketing departments will become the active decision makers in the selection and purchase of enterprise marketing technology including CMS, CRM and marketing automation suites. IT departments will be more responsible to marketing / channel groups and more reliant on their budget dollars for their resources. Decisions will become focused on the business’ need rather than the system architecture.
9. Global brands will embrace a balance between centralized control and local needs. Centralized global marketing organizations will increasingly become more vigilant regarding brand standards and compliance while simultaneously granting greater independence for local marketers to respond to their individual customer needs.
10. More CMOs will be recruited for their left brain skills. As companies continue to leverage data, technology and analytics to define and optimize customer experiences, they will increasingly look for leaders who have one foot in the world of technology and the other still squarely in the world of creative and brand.
Tahzoo, a customer experience marketing firm, develops and delivers strategic customer experience management consulting services from digital marketing strategy to organizational change management and technical implementation, support and optimization of integrated enterprise marketing platforms with expertise and emphasis on SDL. Tahzoo serves global 1000 clients from its headquarters in Washington D.C., a development center in Richmond, VA, offices in Amsterdam, Cleveland and Seattle and remote centers across the United States.
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,995
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,549
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,354
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,028
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 304
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,931
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,120
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,826
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,083
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,016
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,038
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,717
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 368
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 928
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 543
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,999
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,195
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,022
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,559
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 639