|By Business Wire||
|December 17, 2012 04:25 PM EST||
Customer Experience Management provider Tahzoo today announced its top 10 predictions for marketers in 2013. In 2012, Tahzoo educated Fortune 500 companies on the importance of delivering engaging, relevant and persuasive customer experiences. The firm’s roster of clients includes Costco, DirecTV, Nationwide, Abbott Nutrition and KeyBank.
“New Year 2013 will usher in a hyper-focus on developing successful customer experience initiatives with personalized, relevant content across any channel, device or platform,” said Tahzoo CEO Brad Heidemann. “That success hinges on a number of complex factors ranging from organizational change management and governance to making mobile less of an afterthought. And the payoff will be felt in the bottom line, from sales to valuation. Next year will truly be a fascinating year to witness the successes and the missed opportunities.”
Tahzoo 2013 predictions include:
1. The evolution from multi-channel to omni-channel marketing. It is no longer sufficient to reach out to consumers across distinct channels. It is the sofa shopper who will simultaneously watch TV, and shop on their tablets while texting with friends from their mobile device. Expectations are for a connected experience that not only moves from device to device, but is relevant within the context of a very limited attention span.
2. Differentiated experiences driven through the next generation of personalization. With the advance of enterprise marketing platforms such as SDL, IBM and Adobe, marketers are going to embrace dynamic publishing and algorithmic recommendations to deliver more engaging, relevant and most importantly, persuasive customer experiences.
3. Social marketing will enter the 4th stage of maturity. The days of simply having a Facebook page or Tweeting about your products are gone. While social media has become a powerful customer service and PR channel, its real value is as a source of social intelligence that provides the behavioral and attitudinal insight needed to add the dimensions of context and real-time to the marketing mix.
4. Organizational Change Management and Governance will become top topics for customer experience initiatives. With the increased emphasis on creating and delivering engaging, relevant and persuasive customer experiences, organizations, teams and brands will have to recognize that in addition to programs and technologies, they will need to drive cooperation, collaboration and alignment across the different parts of the enterprise. Companies will begin to look at the creation of Change Experience Management Offices (CxMO) as the means to maximize the business value and ROI of their investments.
5. Managed Service Offerings will begin to be used by large enterprises to experiment with and drive quick-to-market enterprise marketing solutions. As with other enterprise technologies, enterprise marketing suites will become available in the cloud and will enable brands to experiment with new capabilities without the need for capital investment and long and complex IT projects.
6. Mobile will become less of an add-on or afterthought from a delivery perspective and become a more integral part of the full digital experience. Mobile will evolve from a distinct channel to a strategic component of the overall digital experience. Brands will begin to integrate the experience across devices, platforms and situations.
7. Responsive Design will be coupled with contextual marketing to drive effective mobile experiences. While there will be continued growth in responsive designs for mobile (phone and tablet), the increased expectations of the mobile audiences will force brands to understand and accommodate the contextually different expectations audiences have for a mobile experience.
8. Marketing departments will become the active decision makers in the selection and purchase of enterprise marketing technology including CMS, CRM and marketing automation suites. IT departments will be more responsible to marketing / channel groups and more reliant on their budget dollars for their resources. Decisions will become focused on the business’ need rather than the system architecture.
9. Global brands will embrace a balance between centralized control and local needs. Centralized global marketing organizations will increasingly become more vigilant regarding brand standards and compliance while simultaneously granting greater independence for local marketers to respond to their individual customer needs.
10. More CMOs will be recruited for their left brain skills. As companies continue to leverage data, technology and analytics to define and optimize customer experiences, they will increasingly look for leaders who have one foot in the world of technology and the other still squarely in the world of creative and brand.
Tahzoo, a customer experience marketing firm, develops and delivers strategic customer experience management consulting services from digital marketing strategy to organizational change management and technical implementation, support and optimization of integrated enterprise marketing platforms with expertise and emphasis on SDL. Tahzoo serves global 1000 clients from its headquarters in Washington D.C., a development center in Richmond, VA, offices in Amsterdam, Cleveland and Seattle and remote centers across the United States.
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 821
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,669
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sheng Liang to Keynote at SYS-CON's 19th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1-3, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 121
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,502
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,505
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,413
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,312
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,271
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,866
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,951
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,347
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 654
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,441
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,762
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 588
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,834
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,660
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,132
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,473
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,985