|By PR Newswire||
|December 17, 2012 04:02 AM EST||
PALO ALTO, Calif., Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Autonomy, an HP Company, today announced that North Shore Credit Union (NSCU), a recognized innovator in the financial services industry, has selected HP Data Protector 7 and HP StoreOnce Catalyst to provide an end-to-end data protection and deduplication solution to back up the bulk of its email, servers, files and virtual environments.
Based in North Vancouver, British Columbia, NSCU is a full-service financial institution with approximately 40,000 clients, 12 branches and 300 employees. With HP Data Protector and HP StoreOnce, NSCU can now rapidly recall and restore data. They also have the flexibility to replicate among other HP StoreOnce devices while limiting the amount of bandwidth required for that replication. NSCU no longer has to access and recall physical data tapes from a vault, saving the credit union more than $130,000 annually. Also, HP Data Protector and HP StoreOnce Catalyst allow NSCU to move data around faster, resulting in a dramatic decrease in back-up and retention times.
"In my experience, it's rare to find someone who likes their data back-up software but Data Protector is one that I find myself recommending to others because the service is excellent and the technology is outstanding," said Ryan C. Burgess, infrastructure architect, North Shore Credit Union. "Through HP Autonomy, we have access to expertise that can meet the evolving needs of our environment, ensuring that if any issues arise they get solved very quickly."
HP Data Protector is the industry's first unified, meaning-based data-protection solution that utilizes an intelligent data management approach to seamlessly protect and harness data based on its meaning from the edge to the data center and across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
By leveraging Autonomy's Intelligent Data Operating Layer (IDOL) in HP Data Protector, organizations can achieve context-aware management of their data to optimize recovery, search, compliance and eDiscovery. Based on HP StoreOnce—the industry's most advanced deduplication technology—HP Data Protector also allows organizations to minimize infrastructure costs by unifying and eliminating duplicate files stored across disparate locations.
The integration of HP Data Protector with HP StoreOnce Catalyst creates a single point of control for deduplication, backup and recovery, which enables companies to enhance backup processes, eliminate wasted resources, shrink network bandwidth cost and improve backup throughput.
"Utilizing Autonomy enables North Shore Credit Union to archive, migrate and restore data in a rapid, cost effective way," said David Jones, general manager, Data Protection at Autonomy, an HP Company. "North Shore Credit Union joins the thousands of organizations around the world who use Autonomy solutions as a vital component of a holistic information governance strategy."
About North Shore Credit Union
With branches across the Lower Mainland and Sea-to-Sky region, North Shore Credit Union provides expert advice on banking, loans, investments and insurance. North Shore Credit Union has $2.8 billion in assets under administration, over 300 employees and 40,000 members. NSCU is designated a Caring Company by the Canadian Centre for Philanthropy and is a proud member of Canada's IMAGINE program. The Credit Union has been named "50 Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada" and "The Green 30" by Aon Hewitt, and "Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures™" by Waterstone Human Capital. NSCU has also been honored numerous times as one of the most technologically innovative financial institutions in North America.
Autonomy, an HP Company, is a global leader in software that processes human information, or unstructured data, including social media, email, video, audio, text and web pages, etc. Autonomy's powerful management and analytic tools for structured information together with its ability to extract meaning in real time from all forms of information, regardless of format, is a unique tool for companies seeking to get the most out of their data. Autonomy's product portfolio helps power companies through enterprise search analytics, business process management and OEM operations. Autonomy also offers information governance solutions in areas such as eDiscovery, content management and compliance, as well as marketing solutions that help companies grow revenue, such as web content management, online marketing optimization and rich media management.
Please visit www.autonomy.com to find out more.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of cost reduction programs and restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2012 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Autonomy, an HP Company
+1 650 687 8042
SOURCE Autonomy, an HP Company
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar