|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
DALLAS, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* today announced it has selected AirOn™ technology to enhance AT&T's single worldwide SIM solution for wireless enabled global products. Through this new provisioning, manufacturers of connected consumer and machine-to-machine (M2M) devices will have seamless access to a global platform for service management, application development, professional services and product support.
The AT&T single worldwide SIM solution along with a world-class service management platform, AT&T Control Center powered by Jasper Wireless, equips M2M and connected device service providers with the ability to manage global wireless device deployment and operations across markets with advanced diagnostic tools, smart process automation, and AT&T billing solutions. The AirOn technology, provided by Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), is an end-to-end solution that securely enables the management of subscription credentials on embedded M2M SIMs over-the-air as an element of the AT&T system.
Where available, AT&T's single worldwide SIM solution, announced earlier this year, will offer corporations the benefit of using a local or in-country network while abroad, resulting in more effective distribution of their connected consumer devices and (M2M) products. AT&T also offers global wireless access in more than 200 countries through roaming agreements with hundreds of carriers worldwide. These solutions eliminate the need for manufacturers to broker multiple connectivity agreements of their own.
The AirOn technology offers device makers the ability to connect through one SIM card around the world, with access to multiple mobile networks and services. AT&T's subscription management system from G&D will handle switching to a local subscription, as required, based on where the device is activated.
"With the introduction of our new single worldwide SIM solution and the ability to provision over the air, we're giving our device makers the convenience of coverage around the globe, while also enabling enhanced global services like local telecom," said Chris Penrose, senior vice president, emerging devices, AT&T.
"We're seeing a trend towards integrating SIM cards at an earlier point in the value chain, when mobile devices are produced," said Dr. Klaus Vedder, Giesecke & Devrient's Group Senior Vice President. "By utilizing AirOn technology in its single SIM offering, AT&T will be able to supply customers with the service flexibility they demand."
Today, device manufacturers across the globe are wirelessly enabling thousands of new connected and M2M device applications in myriad industries, but their basic, global deployment needs are the same: they require broad, readily accessible wireless and mobile broadband coverage in each target market, and a wireless single SIM solution suitable for scalable deployment across the world markets.
AT&T is a global leader in providing M2M solutions that includes network, specialized devices, connected device management, application development, integration, professional services and lifecycle solutions management. Our M2M solutions have enabled several of the world's largest device deployments by remaining singularly focused on expanding global wireless coverage, adding global-ready platforms and recruiting to acquire the right mix of global expertise to support multi-national enterprise customers and consumer electronics manufacturers.
AT&T offers world-class M2M device support and professional services to many of the world's largest manufacturers and global exporters of wireless-enabled equipment with more than 1,300 varieties of connected devices and labs dedicated to bringing new devices to market, global roaming and integrated SIM provisioning, billing and reporting tools.
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com/edo
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
 Roaming services are provided through contracts with roaming carriers and are subject to the terms of those contracts and local laws and regulations.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar