|By Bob Gourley||
|December 11, 2012 09:58 AM EST||
A friend at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency mentioned that they have a search underway for a critically important new position on their leadership team. Details are at the USAjobs.com job listing and are also pasted below, but I want to underscore something: Clearly they are looking for someone who can think out of the box and I’m sure they want the leader in this position to come with a set of experiences that will include time in industry. I know of many industries that are made better because of tremendous leaders doing things like those called for in this job description, and if you are one of those champions of industry please review the below and think of whether or not you can serve the cause. If you know of someone who might be a good fit please forward this on.
Government job descriptions can be hard to understand for people who have not worked in this domain (actually they can be hard even if you have worked in the field). So please let me know if you have any questions on what this job is about or if you want to get some independent thoughts on whether you might be a good fit. More is below:
Director, Online GEOINT Services (OGS)
From the write-up at the site: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/332990600
Job Title:Director, Online GEOINT Services Directorate
Department:Department of Defense
Agency:National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
Hiring Organization:Office of Online GEOINT Servic
Job Announcement Number:HQ NGA DISES 2013-1
|$119,554.00 to $179,700.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, December 05, 2012 to Friday, January 04, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time – This is a permanent position.|
|1 vacancy in the following location:
Springfield, VAView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
The incumbent serves as the Director, Online GEOINT Services (OGS) and is responsible for advancing the end-to-end user experience with specific focus on customer service, content, applications, and online presence.
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), the World Leader in Geospatial Intelligence.
Imagine being able to identify anything on, above, or beneath the Earth’s surface and display that information visually to provide a meaningful foundation for decision-making to ensure the safety of the world. That’s the job of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
We analyze imagery and data from many sources and incorporate it into visual displays of essential information for use in national defense, homeland security, and safety of navigation.
Central to the success of our mission are the extraordinary talents and skills of our teams of analysts and other professionals. We need the best minds to provide the information edge, continuing NGA’s role as the premier provider of Geospatial Intelligence worldwide.
Know the Earth… Show the Way… Understand the World
OGS must deliver online, on-demand GEOINT services that provide access to content, applications, expertise, and support on three security domains (unclassified, secret, and top secret). The Director, OGS serves as the agency focal point for that effort, enhancing the user experience through the unification and advancement of online operations emphasizing the importance of user outcomes — “what does this capability do for the user?” The incumbent leads all areas of the oversight, guidance, and advocacy related to that objective to include resources, strategy, branding, standards, partnerships and services. The incumbent defines how NGA will move from a product-oriented agency to a service-oriented, information and knowledge-based agency. The incumbent will deliver new capabilities so that any user – whether novice or expert – can easily discover, retrieve, use, publish and share GEOINT content and applications as part of a powerful self-service capability. The Director, OGS supervises five senior executive office Chiefs and the OGS Directorate Staff, including 300 civilian, military and contractor personnel.
Eligibility for this executive level position will be based upon a clear demonstration that the applicant has experience of the scope and quality sufficient to effectively carry out the assignments of the position. The successful applicants will be distinguished from other applicants by a review of the following Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs), the Intelligence Community (IC) Senior Officer Core Qualification (SOCQ) Standard, and the Technical Qualifications. Failure to meet a Qualification requirement will disqualify an applicant. Use an Activities/Context/Outcome Approach when describing your ECQs and keep in mind that reviewers will be looking for specific job-related activities and they will be interested in the context and outcomes of these activities. First, identify specific job-related activities (e.g., leadership, planning, acquiring a diverse workforce, budgeting) in which you participated and describe your actions. Next describe the context or environment within which you performed these actions. Mention other individuals or groups involved in the activity (e.g., client groups, members of Congress, individuals in other organizations). Lastly, state the outcomes of your actions. These indicate the quality and effectiveness of your performance and demonstrate your ability to achieve results, a key requirement of executive positions. Start your qualification statements with a brief summary of your managerial experience before individually addressing each of the five ECQs. Because “(6) Fundamental Competencies” are cross-cutting, they should be addressed over the course of the applicants ECQ narrative. It is not necessary to address them separately as long as the narrative, in its totality, shows mastery of these competencies on the whole.
ECQs and their key characteristics: (Include as separate attachment one page maximum per ECQ)
(1) Leading Change:
This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment. Competencies include:
* Creativity and Innovation – Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting edge programs/processes.
* External Awareness – Understands and keeps up-to-date on local, national, and international policies and trends that affect the organization and shape stakeholders’ views; is aware of the organization’s impact on the external environment.
* Flexibility – Is open to change and new information; rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
* Resilience – Deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks.
* Strategic Thinking – Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization in a global environment. Capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks.
* Vision – Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision with others; acts as a catalyst for organizational change. Influences others to translate vision into action.
(2) Leading People:
This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Competencies include:
* Conflict Management – Encourages creative tension and differences of opinions. Anticipates and takes steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
* Leveraging Diversity – Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
* Developing Others – Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
* Team Building – Inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
(3) Results Driven:
This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Competencies include:
* Accountability – Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for mistakes. Complies with established control systems and rules.
* Customer Service – Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement.
* Decisiveness – Makes well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
* Entrepreneurship – Positions the organization for future success by identifying new opportunities; builds the organization by developing or improving products or services. Takes calculated risks to accomplish organizational objectives.
* Problem Solving – Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations.
* Technical Credibility – Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
(4) Business Acumen:
This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, material, and information resources strategically. Competencies include:
* Financial Management – Understands the organization’s financial processes. Prepares, justifies, and administers the program budget. Oversees procurement and contracting to achieve desired results. Monitors expenditures and uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities.
* Human Capital Management – Builds and manages workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs. Ensures that employees are appropriately recruited, selected, appraised, and rewarded; takes action to address performance problems. Manages a multi-sector workforce and a variety of work situations.
* Technology Management – Keeps up-to-date on technological developments. Makes effective use of technology to achieve results. Ensures access to and security of technology systems.
(5) Building Coalitions:
This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals. Competencies include:
* Partnering – Develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
* Political Savvy – Identifies the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization. Perceives organizational and political reality and acts accordingly.
* Influencing/Negotiating – Persuades others; builds consensus through give and take; gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
(6) Fundamental Competencies:
These competencies are the foundation for success in each of the Executive Core Qualifications. Competencies include:
* Interpersonal Skills – Treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations.
* Oral Communication – Makes clear and convincing oral presentations. Listens effectively; clarifies information as needed.
* Integrity/Honesty – Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Models high standards of ethics.
* Written Communication – Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience.
* Continual Learning – Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self development.
* Public Service Motivation – Shows a commitment to serve the public. Ensures that actions meet public needs; aligns organizational objectives and practices with public interests.
Intelligence Community (IC) Senior Officer Core Qualification (SOCQ) Standard – Leading the Intelligence Enterprise: Required for all positions effective 1 October 2010. This SOCQ Standard involves the ability to integrate resources, information, interests, and activities effectively in support of the IC’s mission and to lead and leverage cross organizational collaborative networks to achieve significant mission results. Inherent to this Standard is a deep understanding of the intelligence enterprise (or other comparable interagency or multi-organizational environment) and a shared commitment to the IC’s core values. (Include as separate attachment one page maximum per competency)
(1) Collaboration and Integration:
IC Senior officers have a responsibility to share information and knowledge to achieve results, and in that regard are expected to build effective networks and alliances; actively engage these peers and stakeholders; involve them in key decision; and effectively leverage these networks and alliances to achieve significant results. Senior officers are expected to create an environment that promotes employee engagement, collaboration, integration, information and knowledge sharing, and the candid, open exchange of diverse points of view. Candidates assessed against this competency must:
* Build, leverage, and lead collaborative networks with key peers and stakeholders across the IC and/or in other government/private-sector organizations, or professional/technical disciplines to achieve significant joint/multi-agency mission outcomes
* Integrate joint/multi-agency activities effectively exercising collaborative plans that realize mutual IC, joint, or multi-organizational goals.
(2) Enterprise Focus:
IC Senior officers are expected to demonstrate a deep understanding of how the missions, structures, leaders, and cultures of the various IC components interact and connect; synthesize resources, information and other inputs to effectively integrate and align component, IC, and USG interests and activities to achieve IC-wide, national, and international priorities. Senior officers are expected to encourage and support Joint Duty assignments and developmental experiences that develop and reinforce enterprise focus among their subordinates. Candidates assessed against this competency must:
* Understand the roles, missions, capabilities, and organizational and political realities of the intelligence enterprise; apply that understanding to drive joint, interagency, or multi-organizational mission accomplishment.
* Understand how organizations, resources, information, and processes within the IC or interagency/multi-organizational environment interact with and influence one another; apply that understanding to solve complex interagency or multi-organizational problems.
(3) Values-Centered Leadership:
IC Senior officers are expected to personally embody, advance and reinforce IC core values. Senior officers are also expected to demonstrate and promote departmental and/or component core values. Candidates assessed against this competency must demonstrate:
* A Commitment to selfless service and excellence in support of the IC’s mission, as well as to preserving, protecting, and defending the Nation’s laws and liberties;
* The integrity and Courage (moral, intellectual, and physical) to seek and speak the truth, to innovate, and to change things for the better, regardless of personal or professional risk;
* Collaboration as members of a single IC-wide team, respecting and leveraging the diversity of all members of the IC, their background, their sources and methods, and their points of view.
* Promote, reinforce, and reward IC, departmental/component core values in the workforce and ensure that actions, policies, and practices are aligned with, and embody those values.
* Ensure that organizational strategies, policies, procedures, and actions give appropriate focus, attention, and commitment to diversity of people, point of view, ideas, and insights.
Position Demands: This executive level position requires extensive leadership experience and highly developed leadership competency in managing vision, strategic agility, and managerial courage. A bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field is required, a graduate degree is desirable.
Note that you may be required to relocate in the future, based on mission need, nature of work performed by NGA, and the needs of NGA partners worldwide.
Technical Qualifications (TQs): (Include as separate attachments, one page maximum per TQ.) In addition to the six Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) which are mandatory for all DISES level positions and the Intelligence Community (IC) Senior Officer Core Qualification (SOCQ) Standard, applicants will be rated on the TQ’s identified below which are essential for successful performance in the position. These statements should be a narrative explanation of your relevant background and experience. They must show that your experience, education, and accomplishments reflect the competence and professional standing required to provide expertise required by this position. Technical Qualification Statements that do not clearly address the qualification criteria will not be adequate for evaluation. The employee selected for this position must possess:
1. Extensive successful experience in teambuilding and collaboration with organizations and agencies inside and outside the Intelligence Community to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness. Possess a broad understanding of the Department of Defense and its policies, programs and subordinate organizations to include the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, the Joint Commands, the Services, Defense Agencies, and the Intelligence Community.
2. Breadth of experience in multiple organizations and at multiple levels leading change. Possess the ability to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately and paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Develops strategies from scratch to implementation and possesses the organizational agility to modify midstream.
3. Proven leadership experience in developing, promoting, and implementing effective organizational strategies to foster an environment that enhances the professional, technical, and leadership skills of a diverse workforce operating in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment. Comfortable in providing current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive/corrective feedback in any circumstance. Faces up to people problems in any situation quickly and directly and is not afraid to make tough decisions when necessary. Willing to question the status quo.
4. Record of progressive experience demonstrating the ability to optimistically communicate a compelling and inspired vision. Can create mileposts and symbols to rally support behind that vision and make the vision sharable by everyone. Inspires and motivates the entire unit or organization.
5. Demonstrated capability in a variety of GEOINT fields, such as plans, research and development, and understanding of online content and customers. Expert level knowledge of emerging web and social media concepts to include associated architectures, data/content, and security implications.
1. Applicant selected for this position is subject to the completion of a one-year DISES trial period. (Applicants selected from outside NGA may be required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period if they have not already done so.)
2. This position is covered under the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Incumbent will be required to file an Executive Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (SF-278) with the NGA Office of General Counsel.
3. State the lowest pay you will accept and your current total salary.
4. Provide the name, address, and telephone number of three references to substantiate your qualifications.
5. Employment is subject to requirements of the NGA Drug Testing Program.
6. You may be required to successfully complete a polygraph examination for the position you applied for and/or for any future position(s).
Security Clearance and Access Level: This position requires access to classified Defense Department and Intelligence Community information. The individual selected must already possess, or be immediately eligible for, a TOP SECRET security clearance and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. U.S. citizenship is required for the granting of a security clearance.
Joint Duty Credit: All NGA executive level positions require Joint Duty credit. Employees will receive joint duty credit for almost any service or rotational assignment that was at least at the GS/GG-13 or DCIPS Pay Band 3 level, and generally for at least one year, or for 179 days or more when deployed to a designated combat zone on or after September 11, 2001.
Note: Employees without Joint Duty credit may apply for the position and can be considered. If selected a waiver would be required prior to final appointment. An external candidate, if selected, will be required to provide proof of Joint Duty credit or immediately apply for Joint Duty credit prior to EOD. NGA seniors without Joint Duty at the same tier level may lateral into the position if selected without requesting a waiver.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be evaluated based on job-related criteria identified under the Qualification Requirements by a screening panel of senior representatives with functional backgrounds relevant to this position. Interviews may be conducted.
Pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the Federal Government. We offer a broad array of benefits programs and family friendly flexibilities to meet the needs of you and your family. Here are some highlights. Look for additional information along with links to pages that spell out the details below.
You may participate in the Federal Employees Health Benefits program, with costs shared with your employer.
Dental and Vision Insurance
Life insurance coverage is provided.
Long-Term Care Insurance is offered and carries into your retirement.
New employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). If you are transferring from another agency and covered by CSRS, you may continue in this program.
Federal employees are entitled to at least 13 days of vacation leave as well as 13 days of sick leave each year. Depending on years of service, employees can earn up to 26 days of vacation leave each year. In addition, Federal employees get 10 days paid holiday each year. This allows employees time to spend with their families and to pursue their own individual interests and avocations.
In addition to federal benefits, NGA employees are also eligible for a suite of benefits offered only to the Intelligence Community (IC). The Compass Rose Benefits Group (CRBG) offers insurance products and services to all IC civilian employees. Compass Rose benefits include: Term Life Insurance, Group Accident Plan, Income Replacement, and Long Term Care Insurance.
For more information on this highly-restricted opportunity, please visit the Compass Rose website: http://www.compassrosebenefits.com
1. Permanent Change of Station (PCS). Travel/Transportation expenses are authorized.
2. Veteran’s preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service.
3. Use of postage paid Government agency envelopes to file job applications is a violation of Federal law and regulation.
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for appointment without regard to race, age, religion, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, lawful political affiliation, or any other non-merit factor. This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS BELOW. To receive FULL consideration, e-mail, hand deliver, or mail an original and five stapled copies of your current application. You must identify the position vacancy announcement number. There is no application of preference but certain information is required to be submitted and should be included on your resume, e.g., full name, mailing address, phone numbers, e-mail address, social security number, country of citizenship, education and work experience, current salary, and highest federal civilian grade held. External applicants (if a current or former civilian government employee) should submit one copy of their most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50 noting your current position, grade, and salary level. Permanently attach all components of each application package. Do not place application materials inside report covers or folders, or submit documents not specifically requested, as they will not be used in the evaluation process.
Applicants will be rated and ranked by an agency Qualifications Review Board using only the information submitted for consideration. Applicants who do not separately address the Executive Core Qualifications, Intelligence Community Senior Officer Core Qualification, and document their demonstrated experience, training, and/or education in support of the Technical Qualifications will be ineligible for further consideration. Failure to provide all the required information and copies could result in an ineligible rating. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Special note – - Current DISES, Senior Executive Service (SES) and Senior Intelligence Service (SIS) employees are not required to submit documentation of your Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) since you have already demonstrated your ECQs. However, you must submit documentation to address the Intelligence Community (IC) Senior Officer Core Qualification (SOCQ) Standard – Leading the Intelligence Enterprise and your competencies in the areas under the “Technical Qualifications.” (All other candidates must submit all required paperwork.)
Submit your application to: National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
Mail Stop S45-HDE
7500 GEOINT Drive
Springfield, VA 22150
Applications must be received by the closing date. A postmark will NOT prevail. Applications will NOT be returned. Please reference announcement number shown above.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Email: [email protected]
NATIONAL GEOSPATIAL-INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
7500 GEOINT Drive
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Thank you for submitting resume to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. We will contact you if your qualifications meet the requirements of the job for which you applied. Because the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is a member of the Intelligence Community, our hiring process can take a little longer than most people might expect.
You can learn more about the NGA Senior Executive hiring process at:
SOA Software has changed its name to Akana. With roots in Web Services and SOA Governance, Akana has established itself as a leader in API Management and is expanding into cloud integration as an alternative to the traditional heavyweight enterprise service bus (ESB). The company recently announced that it achieved more than 90% year-over-year growth. As Akana, the company now addresses the evolution and diversification of SOA, unifying security, management, and DevOps across SOA, APIs, microservices, and more.
Mar. 28, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,961
After making a doctor’s appointment via your mobile device, you receive a calendar invite. The day of your appointment, you get a reminder with the doctor’s location and contact information. As you enter the doctor’s exam room, the medical team is equipped with the latest tablet containing your medical history – he or she makes real time updates to your medical file. At the end of your visit, you receive an electronic prescription to your preferred pharmacy and can schedule your next appointment.
Mar. 28, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 522
The Open Compute Project is a collective effort by Facebook and a number of players in the datacenter industry to bring lessons learned from the social media giant's giant IT deployment to the rest of the world. Datacenters account for 3% of global electricity consumption – about the same as all of Switzerland or the Czech Republic -- according to people I met at the recent Open Compute Summit in San Jose. With increasing mobility at the edge of the cloud and vast new dataflows being predicted with the growth of the Internet of Things (and The Coming Age of Many Zettabytes) in the near...
Mar. 28, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,777
GENBAND has announced that SageNet is leveraging the Nuvia platform to deliver Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) to its large base of retail and enterprise customers. Nuvia’s cloud-based solution provides SageNet’s customers with a full suite of business communications and collaboration tools. Two large national SageNet retail customers have recently signed up to deploy the Nuvia platform and the company will continue to sell the service to new and existing customers. Nuvia’s capabilities include HD voice, video, multimedia messaging, mobility, conferencing, Web collaboration, deskt...
Mar. 28, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,390
The list of ‘new paradigm’ technologies that now surrounds us appears to be at an all time high. From cloud computing and Big Data analytics to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT), today we have to deal with what the industry likes to call ‘paradigm shifts’ at every level of IT. This is disruption; of course, we understand that – change is almost always disruptive.
Mar. 27, 2015 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,001
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cisco, the worldwide leader in IT that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cisco makes amazing things happen by connecting the unconnected. Cisco has shaped the future of the Internet by becoming the worldwide leader in transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco and our partners are building the platform for the Internet of Everything by connecting the...
Mar. 27, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,117
Temasys has announced senior management additions to its team. Joining are David Holloway as Vice President of Commercial and Nadine Yap as Vice President of Product. Over the past 12 months Temasys has doubled in size as it adds new customers and expands the development of its Skylink platform. Skylink leads the charge to move WebRTC, traditionally seen as a desktop, browser based technology, to become a ubiquitous web communications technology on web and mobile, as well as Internet of Things compatible devices.
Mar. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,711
SYS-CON Events announced today that robomq.io will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. robomq.io is an interoperable and composable platform that connects any device to any application. It helps systems integrators and the solution providers build new and innovative products and service for industries requiring monitoring or intelligence from devices and sensors.
Mar. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,344
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Mar. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,669
Docker is an excellent platform for organizations interested in running microservices. It offers portability and consistency between development and production environments, quick provisioning times, and a simple way to isolate services. In his session at DevOps Summit at 16th Cloud Expo, Shannon Williams, co-founder of Rancher Labs, will walk through these and other benefits of using Docker to run microservices, and provide an overview of RancherOS, a minimalist distribution of Linux designed expressly to run Docker. He will also discuss Rancher, an orchestration and service discovery platf...
Mar. 27, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,359
Sonus Networks introduced the Sonus WebRTC Services Solution, a virtualized Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC) offer, purpose-built for the Cloud. The WebRTC Services Solution provides signaling from WebRTC-to-WebRTC applications and interworking from WebRTC-to-Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), delivering advanced real-time communications capabilities on mobile applications and on websites, which are accessible via a browser.
Mar. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,674
SYS-CON Events announced today that Aria Systems, the leading innovator in recurring revenue, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Proven by the world’s most demanding enterprises, including AAA NCNU, Constant Contact, Falck, Hootsuite, Pitney Bowes, Telekom Denmark, and VMware, Aria helps enterprises grow their recurring revenue businesses. With Aria’s end-to-end active monetization platform, global brands can get to market faster with a wider variety of products and services, while maximizin...
Mar. 27, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,517
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes for use cases across the industrial, enterprise, and consumer segments.
Mar. 27, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,114
SYS-CON Events announced today that Akana, formerly SOA Software, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Akana’s comprehensive suite of API Management, API Security, Integrated SOA Governance, and Cloud Integration solutions helps businesses accelerate digital transformation by securely extending their reach across multiple channels – mobile, cloud and Internet of Things. Akana enables enterprises to share data as APIs, connect and integrate applications, drive part...
Mar. 27, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,382
The WebRTC Summit 2014 New York, to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 16th International Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit.
Mar. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,373
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between Personal and Professional Social, Mobile and Cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dr...
Mar. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,678
SYS-CON Events announced today that Liaison Technologies, a leading provider of data management and integration cloud services and solutions, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Liaison Technologies is a recognized market leader in providing cloud-enabled data integration and data management solutions to break down complex information barriers, enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions, faster.
Mar. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,366
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Mar. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,925
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and sim...
Mar. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,510
Cloud is not a commodity. And no matter what you call it, computing doesn’t come out of the sky. It comes from physical hardware inside brick and mortar facilities connected by hundreds of miles of networking cable. And no two clouds are built the same way. SoftLayer gives you the highest performing cloud infrastructure available. One platform that takes data centers around the world that are full of the widest range of cloud computing options, and then integrates and automates everything. Join SoftLayer on June 9 at 16th Cloud Expo to learn about IBM Cloud's SoftLayer platform, explore se...
Mar. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,535