|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- Optify, the leading innovator in digital marketing software, today announced its top predictions to shape the digital marketing industry in 2013. The past year saw many changes in the digital marketing landscape, including the addition of social content in SERPs, multiple IPOs and acquisitions, an increase in Google's "Not Provided" from organic referring traffic, and a heavy reliance on digital marketing agencies to support companies' marketing efforts. Digital marketers are still determining how to navigate this evolving sector, and which opportunities will help propel their companies in the coming year.
In this landscape, Optify's top predictions include:
1. The world does not end.
2. Agencies will double in quantity. With the proliferation of point solutions to manage, measure, and report on various online and social activities, companies are turning to digital marketing agencies to help them take over these efforts. The unprecedented demand contributes to the increase in digital marketing agencies -- from owner-operated agencies to consultants, all the way to creative agencies offering more online services. Optify expects the number of agencies to double within the next 3-5 years.
3. Consolidation of tools. More point-solution tools will consolidate into integrated solutions as marketers look for better efficiencies and utilization of tracking and reporting.
4. Integrated campaigns. After seeing a surge in digital marketing adoption in 2012 including the establishment of channels like social media, and the emergence of new channels like mobile, 2013 will be the year of integrated campaigns as marketers aspire to leverage cross-channel campaigns to deliver better results at a lower cost.
5. Stronger connection between offline and online events. Cross-channel campaigns including offline events such as direct mail, tradeshows, city tours and networking events, will continue to become more seamless in the next year. Companies will try to tie offline events to online experience and find ways to measure the impact of these cross-channel campaigns through comprehensive tracking and analytics.
6. Paid Search for B2B companies will continue to show decline as new, better ad platforms emerge. In the past year, we've already seen the initial indications of a decline in Paid Search among B2B companies, as marketers identified a decrease in generated leads and effectiveness from their PPC campaigns. In the next year we expect this trend to continue on a larger scale, as companies identify more efficient, cost-effective alternatives to utilize. Google, as a reaction, will try to mitigate its issues with Paid Search for the B2B sector with improved services, additional insight to user intelligence, and a stronger sales team.
7. Google will start charging for its data and access to its analytics. In 2012 Google made huge investments in its Analytics solution as well as stronger enforcement of its API terms. Coupled with increasing blocked referring data (over 40% of organic searches are blocked) it seems like Google is making a move towards charging for the data it collects and stores.
8. Google will continue to dominate the B2B Search Market. In 2013 Google will reach 95% market share for the B2B Search Market.
9. Journalists and bloggers defined by content not titles. In 2013 the lines between traditional media and new content formats will continue to blur and what will distinguish between journalists and bloggers is the content they create and their reach, not their titles.
10. Marketing budgets will match IT budgets. As marketing departments invest more in software and infrastructure, marketing budgets will match those of IT departments shifting the budget power balance.
11. Sales responsibilities moving to marketing. In 2013 more companies will move sales responsibilities -- inside sales, sales operations, lead qualification -- to the marketing departments.
12. Email grows even bigger. With the increase of social media and mobile usage, email marketing is growing to astonishing rates and in 2013 we will see even bigger growth as more businesses adopt online marketing.
"The digital marketing landscape is ever-changing, and in 2013 it will be essential for B2B marketers to evaluate their efforts on an on-going basis to be sure they're generating the highest ROI," said Rob Eleveld, CEO of Optify. "As we have already begun to see a sharp decline in the ROI of Paid Search, we expect to see digital marketers participate in alternate channels and adopt a more integrated approach to their marketing strategies."
Optify provides an integrated demand generation SaaS solution for professional marketers who are responsible for fueling their company's or clients' growth. Optify helps B2B marketers and digital marketing agencies generate more high quality inbound leads, nurture more demand from existing leads, and track the impact of every marketing program in one place. Optify's award-winning Digital Marketing Software Suite brings together powerful email marketing, social marketing, enterprise-class SEO, combined with powerful website visitor intelligence. Optify's flexible pricing model makes it a cost-effective solution for managing a single site, or 100 client sites. Optify is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about Optify, please visit http://www.optify.net.
Barokas Public Relations
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
Nov. 21, 2014 07:15 PM EST Reads: 824
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
Nov. 21, 2014 07:15 PM EST Reads: 668
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the real benefits to focus on, how to understand the requirements of a successful solution, the flow of ...
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 980
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 868
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 988
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Nov. 20, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,175
Focused on this fast-growing market’s needs, Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of IC solutions to advance "Ethernet Everywhere" in Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) networks, introduced its IStaX™ software (VSC6815SDK), a robust protocol stack to simplify deployment and management of Industrial-IoT network applications such as Industrial Ethernet switching, surveillance, video distribution, LCD signage, intelligent sensors, and metering equipment. Leveraging technologies proven in the Carrier and Enterprise markets, IStaX is designed to work ac...
Nov. 20, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,226
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 20, 2014 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,385
C-Labs LLC, a leading provider of remote and mobile access for the Internet of Things (IoT), announced the appointment of John Traynor to the position of chief operating officer. Previously a strategic advisor to the firm, Mr. Traynor will now oversee sales, marketing, finance, and operations. Mr. Traynor is based out of the C-Labs office in Redmond, Washington. He reports to Chris Muench, Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Traynor brings valuable business leadership and technology industry expertise to C-Labs. With over 30 years' experience in the high-tech sector, John Traynor has held numerous...
Nov. 20, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,181
Bit6 today issued a challenge to the technology community implementing Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC). To leap beyond WebRTC’s significant limitations and fully leverage its underlying value to accelerate innovation, application developers need to consider the entire communications ecosystem.
Nov. 20, 2014 04:45 PM EST Reads: 906
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades.
Nov. 20, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,418
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Nov. 20, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,666
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Nov. 18, 2014 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,938
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Nov. 18, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,470
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Nov. 18, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,399
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
Nov. 18, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,954
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world. The next @ThingsExpo will take place November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, in Santa Clara, California. Since its launch in 2008, Cloud Expo TV commercials have been aired and CNBC, Fox News Network, and Bloomberg TV. Please enjoy our 2014 commercial.
Nov. 13, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,504
From a software development perspective IoT is about programming "things," about connecting them with each other or integrating them with existing applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Yakov Fain, co-founder of Farata Systems and SuranceBay, will show you how small IoT-enabled devices from multiple manufacturers can be integrated into the workflow of an enterprise application. This is a practical demo of building a framework and components in HTML/Java/Mobile technologies to serve as a platform that can integrate new devices as they become available on the market.
Nov. 10, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,612
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Nov. 10, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 5,908
Located in booth #314, the Bsquare team will present DataV demos and discuss how DataV will help customers put their data to work to improve business outcomes. DataV is unlocking new initiatives across a wide landscape of customers in industries such as industrial manufacturing, transportation, retail and mobile. The solution is designed to complement a new project start or help to enrich an existing machine investment.
Nov. 6, 2014 03:15 PM EST Reads: 2,339