|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- Optify, the leading innovator in digital marketing software, today announced its top predictions to shape the digital marketing industry in 2013. The past year saw many changes in the digital marketing landscape, including the addition of social content in SERPs, multiple IPOs and acquisitions, an increase in Google's "Not Provided" from organic referring traffic, and a heavy reliance on digital marketing agencies to support companies' marketing efforts. Digital marketers are still determining how to navigate this evolving sector, and which opportunities will help propel their companies in the coming year.
In this landscape, Optify's top predictions include:
1. The world does not end.
2. Agencies will double in quantity. With the proliferation of point solutions to manage, measure, and report on various online and social activities, companies are turning to digital marketing agencies to help them take over these efforts. The unprecedented demand contributes to the increase in digital marketing agencies -- from owner-operated agencies to consultants, all the way to creative agencies offering more online services. Optify expects the number of agencies to double within the next 3-5 years.
3. Consolidation of tools. More point-solution tools will consolidate into integrated solutions as marketers look for better efficiencies and utilization of tracking and reporting.
4. Integrated campaigns. After seeing a surge in digital marketing adoption in 2012 including the establishment of channels like social media, and the emergence of new channels like mobile, 2013 will be the year of integrated campaigns as marketers aspire to leverage cross-channel campaigns to deliver better results at a lower cost.
5. Stronger connection between offline and online events. Cross-channel campaigns including offline events such as direct mail, tradeshows, city tours and networking events, will continue to become more seamless in the next year. Companies will try to tie offline events to online experience and find ways to measure the impact of these cross-channel campaigns through comprehensive tracking and analytics.
6. Paid Search for B2B companies will continue to show decline as new, better ad platforms emerge. In the past year, we've already seen the initial indications of a decline in Paid Search among B2B companies, as marketers identified a decrease in generated leads and effectiveness from their PPC campaigns. In the next year we expect this trend to continue on a larger scale, as companies identify more efficient, cost-effective alternatives to utilize. Google, as a reaction, will try to mitigate its issues with Paid Search for the B2B sector with improved services, additional insight to user intelligence, and a stronger sales team.
7. Google will start charging for its data and access to its analytics. In 2012 Google made huge investments in its Analytics solution as well as stronger enforcement of its API terms. Coupled with increasing blocked referring data (over 40% of organic searches are blocked) it seems like Google is making a move towards charging for the data it collects and stores.
8. Google will continue to dominate the B2B Search Market. In 2013 Google will reach 95% market share for the B2B Search Market.
9. Journalists and bloggers defined by content not titles. In 2013 the lines between traditional media and new content formats will continue to blur and what will distinguish between journalists and bloggers is the content they create and their reach, not their titles.
10. Marketing budgets will match IT budgets. As marketing departments invest more in software and infrastructure, marketing budgets will match those of IT departments shifting the budget power balance.
11. Sales responsibilities moving to marketing. In 2013 more companies will move sales responsibilities -- inside sales, sales operations, lead qualification -- to the marketing departments.
12. Email grows even bigger. With the increase of social media and mobile usage, email marketing is growing to astonishing rates and in 2013 we will see even bigger growth as more businesses adopt online marketing.
"The digital marketing landscape is ever-changing, and in 2013 it will be essential for B2B marketers to evaluate their efforts on an on-going basis to be sure they're generating the highest ROI," said Rob Eleveld, CEO of Optify. "As we have already begun to see a sharp decline in the ROI of Paid Search, we expect to see digital marketers participate in alternate channels and adopt a more integrated approach to their marketing strategies."
Optify provides an integrated demand generation SaaS solution for professional marketers who are responsible for fueling their company's or clients' growth. Optify helps B2B marketers and digital marketing agencies generate more high quality inbound leads, nurture more demand from existing leads, and track the impact of every marketing program in one place. Optify's award-winning Digital Marketing Software Suite brings together powerful email marketing, social marketing, enterprise-class SEO, combined with powerful website visitor intelligence. Optify's flexible pricing model makes it a cost-effective solution for managing a single site, or 100 client sites. Optify is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about Optify, please visit http://www.optify.net.
Barokas Public Relations
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 407
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 11,581
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 17, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 6,190
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,555
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 607
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,040
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walked through how Octob...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,897
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,972
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,736
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,630
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 17, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,365
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 17, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 257
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 5,056
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 4,467
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 5,541
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 4,189
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 5,711
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,908
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,744
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,649