|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- Optify, the leading innovator in digital marketing software, today announced its top predictions to shape the digital marketing industry in 2013. The past year saw many changes in the digital marketing landscape, including the addition of social content in SERPs, multiple IPOs and acquisitions, an increase in Google's "Not Provided" from organic referring traffic, and a heavy reliance on digital marketing agencies to support companies' marketing efforts. Digital marketers are still determining how to navigate this evolving sector, and which opportunities will help propel their companies in the coming year.
In this landscape, Optify's top predictions include:
1. The world does not end.
2. Agencies will double in quantity. With the proliferation of point solutions to manage, measure, and report on various online and social activities, companies are turning to digital marketing agencies to help them take over these efforts. The unprecedented demand contributes to the increase in digital marketing agencies -- from owner-operated agencies to consultants, all the way to creative agencies offering more online services. Optify expects the number of agencies to double within the next 3-5 years.
3. Consolidation of tools. More point-solution tools will consolidate into integrated solutions as marketers look for better efficiencies and utilization of tracking and reporting.
4. Integrated campaigns. After seeing a surge in digital marketing adoption in 2012 including the establishment of channels like social media, and the emergence of new channels like mobile, 2013 will be the year of integrated campaigns as marketers aspire to leverage cross-channel campaigns to deliver better results at a lower cost.
5. Stronger connection between offline and online events. Cross-channel campaigns including offline events such as direct mail, tradeshows, city tours and networking events, will continue to become more seamless in the next year. Companies will try to tie offline events to online experience and find ways to measure the impact of these cross-channel campaigns through comprehensive tracking and analytics.
6. Paid Search for B2B companies will continue to show decline as new, better ad platforms emerge. In the past year, we've already seen the initial indications of a decline in Paid Search among B2B companies, as marketers identified a decrease in generated leads and effectiveness from their PPC campaigns. In the next year we expect this trend to continue on a larger scale, as companies identify more efficient, cost-effective alternatives to utilize. Google, as a reaction, will try to mitigate its issues with Paid Search for the B2B sector with improved services, additional insight to user intelligence, and a stronger sales team.
7. Google will start charging for its data and access to its analytics. In 2012 Google made huge investments in its Analytics solution as well as stronger enforcement of its API terms. Coupled with increasing blocked referring data (over 40% of organic searches are blocked) it seems like Google is making a move towards charging for the data it collects and stores.
8. Google will continue to dominate the B2B Search Market. In 2013 Google will reach 95% market share for the B2B Search Market.
9. Journalists and bloggers defined by content not titles. In 2013 the lines between traditional media and new content formats will continue to blur and what will distinguish between journalists and bloggers is the content they create and their reach, not their titles.
10. Marketing budgets will match IT budgets. As marketing departments invest more in software and infrastructure, marketing budgets will match those of IT departments shifting the budget power balance.
11. Sales responsibilities moving to marketing. In 2013 more companies will move sales responsibilities -- inside sales, sales operations, lead qualification -- to the marketing departments.
12. Email grows even bigger. With the increase of social media and mobile usage, email marketing is growing to astonishing rates and in 2013 we will see even bigger growth as more businesses adopt online marketing.
"The digital marketing landscape is ever-changing, and in 2013 it will be essential for B2B marketers to evaluate their efforts on an on-going basis to be sure they're generating the highest ROI," said Rob Eleveld, CEO of Optify. "As we have already begun to see a sharp decline in the ROI of Paid Search, we expect to see digital marketers participate in alternate channels and adopt a more integrated approach to their marketing strategies."
Optify provides an integrated demand generation SaaS solution for professional marketers who are responsible for fueling their company's or clients' growth. Optify helps B2B marketers and digital marketing agencies generate more high quality inbound leads, nurture more demand from existing leads, and track the impact of every marketing program in one place. Optify's award-winning Digital Marketing Software Suite brings together powerful email marketing, social marketing, enterprise-class SEO, combined with powerful website visitor intelligence. Optify's flexible pricing model makes it a cost-effective solution for managing a single site, or 100 client sites. Optify is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about Optify, please visit http://www.optify.net.
Barokas Public Relations
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,367
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 686
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,301
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 388
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 732
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,823
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,587
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,659
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 379
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your ...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,672
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,655
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,015
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 568
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 378
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,468
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,728
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,163
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 588
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 5,166