|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- Optify, the leading innovator in digital marketing software, today announced its top predictions to shape the digital marketing industry in 2013. The past year saw many changes in the digital marketing landscape, including the addition of social content in SERPs, multiple IPOs and acquisitions, an increase in Google's "Not Provided" from organic referring traffic, and a heavy reliance on digital marketing agencies to support companies' marketing efforts. Digital marketers are still determining how to navigate this evolving sector, and which opportunities will help propel their companies in the coming year.
In this landscape, Optify's top predictions include:
1. The world does not end.
2. Agencies will double in quantity. With the proliferation of point solutions to manage, measure, and report on various online and social activities, companies are turning to digital marketing agencies to help them take over these efforts. The unprecedented demand contributes to the increase in digital marketing agencies -- from owner-operated agencies to consultants, all the way to creative agencies offering more online services. Optify expects the number of agencies to double within the next 3-5 years.
3. Consolidation of tools. More point-solution tools will consolidate into integrated solutions as marketers look for better efficiencies and utilization of tracking and reporting.
4. Integrated campaigns. After seeing a surge in digital marketing adoption in 2012 including the establishment of channels like social media, and the emergence of new channels like mobile, 2013 will be the year of integrated campaigns as marketers aspire to leverage cross-channel campaigns to deliver better results at a lower cost.
5. Stronger connection between offline and online events. Cross-channel campaigns including offline events such as direct mail, tradeshows, city tours and networking events, will continue to become more seamless in the next year. Companies will try to tie offline events to online experience and find ways to measure the impact of these cross-channel campaigns through comprehensive tracking and analytics.
6. Paid Search for B2B companies will continue to show decline as new, better ad platforms emerge. In the past year, we've already seen the initial indications of a decline in Paid Search among B2B companies, as marketers identified a decrease in generated leads and effectiveness from their PPC campaigns. In the next year we expect this trend to continue on a larger scale, as companies identify more efficient, cost-effective alternatives to utilize. Google, as a reaction, will try to mitigate its issues with Paid Search for the B2B sector with improved services, additional insight to user intelligence, and a stronger sales team.
7. Google will start charging for its data and access to its analytics. In 2012 Google made huge investments in its Analytics solution as well as stronger enforcement of its API terms. Coupled with increasing blocked referring data (over 40% of organic searches are blocked) it seems like Google is making a move towards charging for the data it collects and stores.
8. Google will continue to dominate the B2B Search Market. In 2013 Google will reach 95% market share for the B2B Search Market.
9. Journalists and bloggers defined by content not titles. In 2013 the lines between traditional media and new content formats will continue to blur and what will distinguish between journalists and bloggers is the content they create and their reach, not their titles.
10. Marketing budgets will match IT budgets. As marketing departments invest more in software and infrastructure, marketing budgets will match those of IT departments shifting the budget power balance.
11. Sales responsibilities moving to marketing. In 2013 more companies will move sales responsibilities -- inside sales, sales operations, lead qualification -- to the marketing departments.
12. Email grows even bigger. With the increase of social media and mobile usage, email marketing is growing to astonishing rates and in 2013 we will see even bigger growth as more businesses adopt online marketing.
"The digital marketing landscape is ever-changing, and in 2013 it will be essential for B2B marketers to evaluate their efforts on an on-going basis to be sure they're generating the highest ROI," said Rob Eleveld, CEO of Optify. "As we have already begun to see a sharp decline in the ROI of Paid Search, we expect to see digital marketers participate in alternate channels and adopt a more integrated approach to their marketing strategies."
Optify provides an integrated demand generation SaaS solution for professional marketers who are responsible for fueling their company's or clients' growth. Optify helps B2B marketers and digital marketing agencies generate more high quality inbound leads, nurture more demand from existing leads, and track the impact of every marketing program in one place. Optify's award-winning Digital Marketing Software Suite brings together powerful email marketing, social marketing, enterprise-class SEO, combined with powerful website visitor intelligence. Optify's flexible pricing model makes it a cost-effective solution for managing a single site, or 100 client sites. Optify is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. To learn more about Optify, please visit http://www.optify.net.
Barokas Public Relations
Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, represent...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 6,278
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,174
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Mar. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,567
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 27, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,952
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,024
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,061
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 748
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,478
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 27, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,391
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,388
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 27, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,023
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 27, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,165
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 27, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,131
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,125
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,356
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you ...
Mar. 27, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,305
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,054
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 27, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,983
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 27, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,291
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 27, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 944