|By PR Newswire||
|December 8, 2012 03:15 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Dec. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Groundbreaking digital art platform EachOne.com launched this week, providing art lovers with unprecedented access to contemporary art through exhibitions from around the world, announced EachOne.com co-founders Pratima and Rikard Björkdahl. Motomichi Nakamura, Nyugen Smith and Swati Khurana are among a dynamic list of visual artists who have created unique original pieces to be sold exclusively online at the Each/One site for a limited time only.
Each/One presents its first two online exhibitions, Salaam Bombay and Succession of the Finest, coinciding with the physical opening of the shows at Art Asia Miami 2012 and Fountain Art Fair Miami 2012. Each/One will host several online exhibitions simultaneously, will present Fading Fast on December 7th, curated by Trystan Bates of Honeycomb in Buenos Aires, Argentina, which will only be accessible online.
"Each/One makes contemporary art available to a broad public at an affordable price using high-quality print on-demand technology, creating a new wave of art collectors," said Pratima Björkdahl, CEO and co-founder of the platform. "We believe that collecting art should be a creative and exciting experience. This new way to collect appeals to a whole new audience of art lovers and creates a new marketplace for galleries, curators and art fairs."
Each/One's unique approach involves working with galleries, curators and art fairs to present exhibitions of original art created specifically for the platform. These works of art are available exclusively from Each/One as an LTO Edition™ (Limited-Time-Only), solely for the duration of the exhibition. During that time, art enthusiasts from around the world will be able to purchase an unlimited number of pieces, all of which will be digitally signed and uniquely numbered, and each comes with a certificate of authenticity, making every piece one-of-a-kind.
"Each/One just opened a whole new dimension for the art world, creating a global community and forum where we can all interact," said Jasmine Wahi, curator of the Art Asia Miami 2012- Salaam Bombay exhibition. "This is the ultimate art experience and we are absolutely thrilled to be a part of it."
Each/One's online exhibitions feature originals such as photographs, drawings, collages, and other mediums, created or finalized in a digital environment. As in a physical exhibition, the art is selected to represent a cultural, regional, or artistic theme and the works of art are chosen by established curators, galleries and art fairs to showcase their artists, offering pieces of exceptional aesthetic quality.
"These online exhibitions, created specifically for the Each/One platform, are designed to let users engage with the art and its creators in a way that used to be possible only at art openings. Exploring the site is like getting a walking tour of contemporary art galleries but with all of the added benefits of online technology," describes Rebecca Jampol, curator of the Fountain Art Fair Miami 2012 – Succession of the Finest exhibition.
Once purchased, each original work is generated specifically for the buyer. Thus, the number of copies produced for a certain edition will be determined by the popularity of the artwork created for that particular exhibit. Every artwork is printed on heavyweight silk paper and comes in 11 x 14-inch format, with an additional 1-inch border displaying the name of the work, its unique number, and the artist's digital signature and date. Artworks fit into a standard 16 x 20 inch frame with a mat, thus eliminating the need for custom framing.
"We have set an unheard-of price for original art because we believe that everyone should have affordable access to art they love. As we handle our own printing and distribution, we can avoid mark-ups, while ensuring the highest quality for our customers," explained President and co-founder Rikard Björkdahl.
Each/One aims to become a new kind of online art community where artists, curators, and collectors come together. With features such as blogs, interviews, curatorial notes and online discussions, users can engage with artists and exhibitions from all over the globe and share their collection through social media, follow other collections and themes of interest, and sign up to receive notifications of upcoming exhibitions.
About the founders
Pratima Björkdahl is an innovative visual multi-media artist who has been continuously exhibiting photography, painting, mixed media, sculpture, and installation in the United States, Central America, Europe, India, etc. With museum exhibitions, gallery exhibitions, featured in book publications and magazines, she is constantly exploring the idea of visual art merging with the digital wave. She has been fascinated with the Internet movement and sees it as a way of preserving, documenting, creating dialogue and building new platforms to interact with art. Pratima was born and grew up in the United States. She frequently travels to study cultures, mediums, and to collect materials for her projects. Pratima graduated from the School Of Visual Arts in New York City in 2003, where she continues to live and work.
Rikard Björkdahl began his studies in Stockholm at Basis School of Art, Sweden, moving on to Istituto Europeo di Design in Madrid, Spain where he lived for over a decade. While specializing in information architecture, online strategy, mobile applications and user experience, Rikard balanced his design career with his art and, in 2007, published his first book, SILENCE FICTION (This Side Up/Buks), a compilation of drawings and commentaries on contemporary culture. Rikard currently lives and works in New York City, where he continues to experiment with image and the written word.
Media Contact: Gabriela Ubago Each/One, 3472151393, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar