|By Marketwired .||
|December 6, 2012 03:07 PM EST||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/06/12 -- Cloudera, the category leader that is setting the standard for Apache Hadoop in the enterprise, today announced it has closed $65 million in a new funding round led by Accel Partners, with support from Greylock Partners, Ignition Partners, In-Q-Tel, and Meritech Capital Partners. The investment will fund global sales growth and fuel continued development of its platform for Big Data in support of its growing enterprise customer base. The company will be expanding its international presence with the opening of a European headquarters in the UK, in the first quarter of 2013.
"As global business data growth reaches near exponential rates, enterprise organizations are grappling with the reality that they need a way to manage and make use of it," said Ping Li, partner at Accel Partners and head of the Accel Big Data Fund. "Four years ago, Cloudera set out to pioneer the business case for Apache Hadoop in the enterprise. The team succeeded in developing the market's leading platform for Big Data and has become the go-to technology for enterprise Hadoop Infrastructure, supported by its rich and diverse partner ecosystem. The company is accelerating on its position as the standard for Hadoop in the enterprise and is well positioned to expand its revenue and global customer footprint."
Over the past twelve months, Cloudera's business has experienced rapid growth on all fronts with sales, customers, employees and data under management all more than doubling. The company offers a packaged solution for enterprise customers to maximize their time-to-value with Cloudera Enterprise, which provides support and management to ensure production-ready deployment of CDH4, the most widely deployed and proven commercial distribution of Apache Hadoop. Cloudera's customer base includes more than half of the Fortune 50, and includes companies such as AOL, CBS, EBay, Expedia, Experian, JP Morgan Chase, Monsanto, Morgan Stanley, Network Appliance, Nokia, RIM, and The Walt Disney Company.
With more than 400 partners, over 50 certified technologies and 15 certified connectors, Cloudera is rapidly accelerating the widespread adoption of Hadoop worldwide. More than 150 partners have been added to the Cloudera Connect ecosystem within the past six months, ensuring broad enterprise compatibility and making Cloudera the easiest and most pervasive open source platform for Big Data. Through Cloudera University, the company has trained more than 15,000 individuals.
"Big Data continues to fuel significant new business opportunities and revenue streams for our enterprise customers, spurring the need for new, large-scale data management solutions that can meet the needs of today's demanding enterprise workloads," said Mike Olson, CEO at Cloudera. "This new investment will speed the expansion of our sales and support operations to meet increasing enterprise demand for our real-time, Hadoop-based platform, as we scale to address the enormity of this global market opportunity. At the same time, we remain unwavering in our commitment to the delivery of groundbreaking innovation across the Cloudera software platform and the open source Apache Hadoop stack. The way forward is clear and our mission is simple: we will shape and define the next generation of Big Data management solutions for the enterprise."
Cloudera, the standard for Apache Hadoop in the enterprise, empowers data-driven enterprises to Ask Bigger Questions and get bigger answers from all their data at the speed of thought. Cloudera Enterprise, the platform for Big Data, now with Cloudera Enterprise Real Time Query powered by Impala, enables organizations to easily derive business value from structured and unstructured data to achieve a significant competitive advantage. Reinventing the economics and performance of Big Data management, Cloudera is the category leader in Apache Hadoop-based software, services and training. CDH (Cloudera's Distribution Including Apache Hadoop), available to download for free at www.cloudera.com/download, is the most comprehensive, tested, stable and widely deployed distribution of Hadoop in commercial and non-commercial environments. For the fastest path to reliably using this completely open source technology in production for Big Data analytics and answering previously un-addressable big questions, organizations can subscribe to Cloudera Enterprise, comprised of Cloudera Manager software and Cloudera Support. As the top contributor to the Apache open source community and with tens of thousands of nodes under management across customers in financial services, government, telecommunications, media, web, advertising, retail, energy, bioinformatics, pharma/healthcare, university research, oil and gas and gaming, Cloudera's depth of Big Data experience and expertise are unrivaled. www.cloudera.com
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing