|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2012 02:01 AM EST||
LONDON, December 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Virgin Games, the leading online gaming company, has today launched Virgin iPad Casino, the industry's first stand-alone casino web app designed exclusively for iPad and tablets. The launch of this app means that Virgin Casino's players now have complete choice of medium, with games available for desktop or laptop computers, mobile, and now iPad or tablet.
Virgin Casino's web app is accessible from any web browser and has been built to respond to the exponential rise of the tablet as a primary entertainment device. It uses the latest Touch User Interface technology to provide responsive swipe navigation designed exclusively for tablet screens.
Pierrick Leveque, Head of Mobile & Tablet at Virgin Games, commented: "Virgin iPad Casino is a cornerstone in our bid to provide our players with a seamless entertainment experience, whatever device they use to access our games. Tablets have a big - maybe the biggest - part to play in shaping digital entertainment in the coming years, and we aim to prove it with the first tablet casino website experience that feels just right. Built as a web app, our iPad site is free from the shackles of app store release schedules and accessible from any web browser. This allows us to launch new games whenever we feel like it. And we feel like it very often."
At launch, Virgin iPad Casino has a selection of 16 casino games from IGT and Microgaming, including Elvis and Cleopatra slots, roulette, blackjack, poker, bingo and progressive jackpots, with more to come. The iPad/tablet site was built in-house and is plugged in to the Virgin Games single wallet - players can use the same account to play on PC or Mac, mobile, and now tablet, and share the same promotions, benefits and loyalty V*POINTS.
Launched in 2004, Virgin Games is one of the UK's leading online gaming sites.
Notes to editors
About Virgin Games:
Virgin Games (http://www.virgingames.com) launched in June 2004 and has quickly established itself as one of the leading gaming websites in the UK. Virgin Games comprises four distinct offerings:
- Virgin Casino, offers content from a range of games suppliers including Microgaming, Cryptologic, Freemantle and Ash Gaming, bringing consumers classic casino games like Blackjack and Roulette, as well as great feature slots like Monopoly, Rubik's, X-Factor and the highly popular MegaJackpots progressive games.
- Virgin Poker, part of the Boss Media network, offers a huge array of games and content for beginners through to experienced pros - as well as the most generous loyalty scheme in the industry.
- Virgin Bingo, part of the Virtue Fusion network, offers cash prizes worth thousands of pounds in the progressive jackpots, as well as Virgin prize bingo and a range of unique Virgin Games bingo games.
- Virgin Mobile Casino is integrated into the Company's bespoke built gaming platform. The mobile site encapsulates the experience and entertainment from Virgin Casino and delivers it to players while they're on the move.
- Virgin iPad Casino is home to Virgin's tablet games portfolio, and is also compatible with Virgin's single wallet. iPad Casino games such as slots, roulette, blackjack, Poker, instant Win Bingo and Progressive Jackpots are available.
Follow Virgin Games on:
SOURCE Virgin Games Services Ltd
Jul. 31, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,602
Jul. 31, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,702
Jul. 31, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,225
Jul. 31, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,030
Jul. 31, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
Jul. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,348
Jul. 30, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,949
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,506
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,330
Jul. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,781
Jul. 30, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,315
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,129
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,287
Jul. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 999
Jul. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,426
Jul. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,157
Jul. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,538
Jul. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 578
Jul. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,194
Jul. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,675