|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
PARIS, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Capgemini Consulting, the global strategy and transformation consulting arm of the Capgemini Group, and Badgeville, the #1 gamification and behavior management platform, today announced a partnership to leverage innovative gamification techniques to accelerate digital transformation in major organizations by engaging, rewarding and motivating employees and customers.
Gamification uses techniques pioneered in popular games to drive customer and employee behavior. These techniques blend psychology and technology to help businesses reach key objectives such as increased collaboration, workforce efficiency, and customer loyalty. Organizations use techniques such as reward systems and achievement levels to allow businesses to change the behavior of both their people and their customers. For instance, a company can integrate gamification techniques to encourage their sales staff to address particular competencies and key performance indicators in the context of CRM processes, such as sales conversion, margin improvement or making follow-up calls to customers; or encouraging staff to provide performance feedback during review processes. Innovative enterprises are also successfully using gamification to win improved customer loyalty and greater interaction with customers on their web and social media channels.
"Serious businesses cannot ignore the transformative possibilities of gamification across their enterprise," said Carter Lusher, Ovum Research. "The partnership between Capgemini Consulting and Badgeville signifies two global leaders teaming to bring these powerful techniques to businesses aiming to modernize their entire employee and customer management experiences."
Behavioral change is key to accelerating large-scale digital transformation according to research from Capgemini Consulting and the MIT Center for Digital Business. Their recent study of over 400 companies worldwide -- The Digital Advantage: How digital leaders outperform their peers in every industry -- found that digital leaders (the "Digirati") invest significantly in the soft side of digital transformation. The Digirati build and share a digital vision, engage the workforce in understanding the vision, and ensure ownership and accountability of the transformation. Gamification offers a creative and innovative way to foster collaboration and secure engagement around strategic priorities.
Maggie Buggie, VP of Digital Transformation, Capgemini Consulting, said: "The bringing together of Badgeville's gamification expertise with our track record in large-scale strategic transformation is very exciting. Large and complex digitally enabled business transformations are often dependent on a significant cultural and behavioral shift, and the use of smartly-applied game mechanics as part of a behavioral change program can tackle that need in an innovative, engaging and meaningful way. Today's announcement also demonstrates Capgemini Consulting's commitment to innovation and our leadership in Digital Transformation."
Badgeville has been named as one of the Forbes 100 most promising companies; selected as Cool Vendor for 2012 in Social CRM by Gartner; received a CRM Excellence Award in 2012; and Badgeville was the only gamification platform included in Forrester's Social Media Platform report for 2012.
Kris Duggan, CEO, Badgeville, said: "Capgemini Consulting has demonstrated through this partnership that it is dedicated to helping clients with their digital transition to modern, social enterprises; this is one of the values with which our companies are in perfect alignment. Our partnership will enable us to reach new clients across the globe who are not yet mature in using gamification and behavior management as a strategic advantage for their business. We believe gamification will form a big part of the people dimension of digital transformation."
About Capgemini Consulting:
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organization of the Capgemini Group, specializing in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organizational change.
Find out more at: http://www.capgemini-consulting.com/
With more than 120,000 people in 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2011 global revenues of EUR 9.7 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience™, and draws on Rightshore ®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini.
Founded in 2010, Badgeville is one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies based in Silicon Valley, with over 200 customers worldwide. These customers span virtually every industry, including many large businesses and enterprises such as Oracle, Microsoft, Autodesk, CA Technologies, Barnes & Noble, EMC, VMware, Panera Bread, Dell, A&N Media and many more.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- Misconceptions Around App Testing in the Private Cloud
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar