|By Marketwired .||
|December 4, 2012 08:05 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- Information Builders, a leader in business intelligence (BI) and analytics, information integrity, and integration solutions, today announced that Memorial Health System (MHS) of Springfield, a community-based, not-for-profit healthcare provider based in Illinois, has purchased Omni-Patient and the WebFOCUS BI platform. Together, these solutions will provide MHS with a powerful, comprehensive environment for data integration, master data management, business analytics, and performance management. As a result, MHS will be empowered to readily achieve critical performance improvement goals by overcoming information integrity issues, enabling compliance with government regulations, and facilitating the flow of accurate information across the organization.
"As we move to a more value-based care model, we need to improve the way we respond to emerging government regulations and competitive pressures," said David B. Graham, MD, senior vice president and chief medical information officer from MHS. "But our first order of business is to create a single, consistent, accurate view of each patient across our organization, in order to achieve meaningful use guidelines and ensure participation in the Lincoln Land Health Information Exchange."
Working in conjunction with partners EMC/Greenplum and Health Language, Inc. (HLI), Information Builders will help MHS create an Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI), a comprehensive enterprise data warehouse that provides a single view of the patient, complete with full auditing capabilities. The warehouse will contain insight about the various activities that take place as each patient moves through the care continuum. HLI's data dictionaries will proactively validate the data as it is collected from multiple diverse sources across the business, including Lawson, Cerner, Millennium, and other systems. This environment will be extended with WebFOCUS, which will provide advanced reporting and analysis features to allow clinicians, administrators, and other stakeholders to quickly and easily generate compliance reports, monitor critical metrics for performance management purposes, and much more.
Omni-Patient is an enterprise master data application that combines an EMPI with pre-packaged models designed specifically for the healthcare industry. With Omni-Patient, healthcare providers can overcome the challenges associated with their fragmented information architectures by integrating and enriching all activity across all applications and systems at the patient and event levels.
"Information Builders was the only vendor that was able to provide us with everything we needed -- from the ability to unify and enhance all our data, to the ability to transform that data into metrics that we could closely track to improve performance," Graham added. "And because much of Omni-Patient is pre-built, we will be able to get up and running rather quickly. That will put us on the fast track for meeting our most important goals."
"Today's healthcare organizations face tremendous pressure from both government regulators and competitors," said Gerald Cohen, president and CEO of Information Builders. "The ability to make comprehensive, timely, and complete information readily available to everyone involved in the patient care cycle helps to optimize care quality, while enabling better cost management and compliance."
About Memorial Health System
Memorial Health System (MHS) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to patient care, education, and research. Founded in 1897, MHS is currently one of the leading healthcare organizations in Illinois, with nearly 6,000 staff members, partnering physicians, and hundreds of volunteers who are dedicated to the mission of improving the health of the people and communities served. In 2011 alone, MHS's three hospitals in Springfield, Lincoln, and Taylorville provided care to more than 27,900 inpatients, more than 475,000 outpatients, and more than 110,000 patients in three emergency departments and express care clinics. To learn more about MHS, visit choosememorial.org.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect, and analyze their most valuable asset -- information -- in a more agile, trusted, and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at EMC.com.
Health Language, Inc. (HLI) provides software for managing and updating standard and localized healthcare terminology. Health Language offers clinical content and professional services to enable interoperability, ICD-10 conversion, web-based terminology mapping, and Meaningful Use compliance. Additional information about EMC can be found at healthlanguage.com.
About Information Builders
Information Builders helps organizations transform data into business value. Our software solutions for business intelligence and analytics, integration, and data integrity empower people to make smarter decisions, strengthen customer relationships, and drive growth. Our dedication to customer success is unmatched in the industry. That's why tens of thousands of leading organizations rely on Information Builders to be their trusted partner. Founded in 1975, Information Builders is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices around the world, and remains one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry. Visit us at informationbuilders.com, follow us on Twitter at @infobldrs, like us on Facebook, and visit our LinkedIn page.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar