|By Marketwired .||
|December 4, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/04/12 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced its collaboration with Ubisoft® to support the highly anticipated next chapter in the "Far Cry" franchise, "Far Cry 3®," launching today in North America. Developed in conjunction with the AMD Gaming Evolved program, "Far Cry 3" is fully optimized for a premium PC gaming experience, harnessing the power of AMD Radeon graphics including native support for AMD Eyefinity and AMD CrossFire technologies, enabling industry-leading multiscreen experiences and high-performance gaming. By working closely together, AMD and Ubisoft have enhanced the "Far Cry 3" experience, allowing gamers to become fully immersed in an epic struggle to survive in one of the most lawless and challenging PC gaming environments to date.
"AMD and Ubisoft have worked together to make 'Far Cry 3' a state-of-the-art gaming experience on the PC, the world's most powerful gaming platform," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit, AMD. "The AMD Gaming Evolved program aims to put gamers and developers first, and we're making sure we deliver on our promise. By working with industry-leading developers like Ubisoft, we're not only helping to develop cutting-edge titles, we're also advancing the state of PC graphics for gamers."
Gamers can jumpstart their "Far Cry 3" experience -- and reap huge savings -- by immediately taking advantage of the AMD Radeon Never Settle bundle. With the purchase of an AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition, HD 7800 Series or HD 7900 Series GPU, gamers not only benefit from the award-winning performance of the AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series, they also receive a free download code for "Far Cry 3." This holiday season, AMD is making sure gamers can have it all -- the best performance and graphics experience on one of the best PC gaming titles.
"Ubisoft is committed to developing industry-leading games that offer non-stop action, gritty storylines and deeply immersive gaming experiences, and the latest addition to the highly acclaimed 'Far Cry' franchise continues that tradition," said Dan Hay, executive producer on "Far Cry 3." "Through this relationship, Ubisoft worked with AMD and its Gaming Evolved program to develop a game that takes full advantage of the outstanding next-generation technologies offered by AMD Radeon graphics, which enable an incredible PC gaming experience."
By leveraging native support for AMD Eyefinity technology, "Far Cry 3" helps enable gamers equipped with AMD Radeon graphics to immerse themselves in a gaming environment unlike any other. With AMD Eyefinity technology, a single graphics card can support up to six monitors simultaneously, empowering gamers with the ability to experience the lush, exquisite jungles of "Far Cry 3" in panoramic, ultra-high detail. Gamers can also enable AMD CrossFire technology to harness the power of two or more AMD Radeon GPUs working in parallel for dramatically improved gaming performance.
Through the power and performance of the Graphics Core Next architecture, "Far Cry 3" leverages ground-breaking DirectX® 11 graphics features to ensure the most visually dynamic and smooth gaming experience. These features include:
- Direct3D 11 Deferred Rendering with Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing -- Taking advantage of advanced Direct3D 11 features, "Far Cry 3" employs an optimized deferred renderer including tile-based light culling and fully supporting MSAA. The efficient integration of MSAA capability provides upgraded image quality over the post-process anti-aliasing techniques used by other deferred rendering engines;
- Ambient Global Illumination System -- "Far Cry 3" features an advanced real-time global illumination system capable of computing indirect or reflected lighting, enabling more visually coherent and realistic world rendering. On the PC, this system supports global illumination from dynamic lights in addition to distant light sources such as the sun and the sky;
- DirectCompute Accelerated High Definition Ambient Occlusion -- "Far Cry 3" implements a new and improved version of HDAO that uses full 3D camera space position data to detect valleys in the scene that should be shaded darker, and attenuates the lighting based on valley angle. In "Far Cry 3" this technique has been significantly improved in both performance and quality relative to previous implementations;
- Advanced Skin and Hair Shading Models -- The "Far Cry 3" advanced physically-based shading model is combined with approximated sub-surface scattering and rim lighting to render soft, natural-looking skin. Hair shading in "Far Cry 3" also achieves its realism via a special anisotropic lighting model.
- Learn more about AMD Gaming Evolved
- Learn more about AMD Eyefinity technology
- Follow AMD gaming news on Twitter at @AMDGaming
- Become a fan of AMD gaming on Facebook
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and sales representation in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2011-2012 fiscal year, Ubisoft generated sales of EUR 1.061 billion. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD CrossFire, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Far Cry and Ubisoft are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Based on Crytek's original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli. Powered by Crytek's technology "CryEngine." Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar