|By Business Wire||
|December 3, 2012 08:02 AM EST||
Sendmail and Mimecast today announced a new strategic partnership that provides additional enhanced options for integrating and configuring email management solutions, which are needed to meet the growing hybrid-cloud email deployment requirements of large global enterprises.
This strategic partnership allows global enterprises to combine the proven on-premises Sentrion Email Integration Platform with Mimecast’s leading in-cloud Unified Email Management in a hybrid-cloud architecture for complete email security, archiving and business continuity with any on-premises or in-cloud email system.
“Gartner has long maintained that enterprises moving email to the cloud may have unique requirements that cannot be entirely fulfilled with cloud-only provisioning,” said Matt Cain, Vice President, Gartner Inc. “Large organizations therefore may require a flexible on-premises/cloud combination that can support a variety of unique email deployment options for mailboxes, security, archiving, routing and policy management.”
Many large organizations are looking to benefit from the cost, flexibility and other gains of cloud-based email deployments, but email-to-cloud migrations cannot be done without also managing the large number of machine-generating emails from business systems that rely on on-premises email infrastructure. Adding to the challenges for global enterprises are the wide range of security, regulatory compliance and corporate email policy requirements.
“Our customers have been asking for scalable cloud email applications that can easily integrate with our on-premises Sentrion Email Integration Platform with single provider support,” said Glen D. Vondrick, Sendmail President & CEO. “We are impressed by the proven Mimecast platform which offers the integration opportunity to deliver the hybrid-cloud architecture options enterprises need in order to consolidate multiple point products, reduce number of vendors, and further simplify the management of business email complexity.”
Sentrion is the de facto standard on-premises email infrastructure platform deployed by major Fortune 1000 enterprises around the globe to manage the complexity of policy-based routing and integration of machine-generated email with human collaboration email. Mimecast’s Unified Email Management platform is the only cloud-based email management solution designed specifically to deliver a broad range of email management capabilities in a tightly integrated, high performance SaaS platform. Mimecast in the cloud supports more than 6000 businesses worldwide.
“Sendmail’s proven success in providing on-premises email infrastructure to Fortune 1000 organizations makes them an ideal global enterprise partner for Mimecast,” said Peter Bauer, CEO, Mimecast. “Businesses are being driven toward evaluating and adopting cloud-based email solutions to control cost and complexity which can be quite challenging in high volume machine generated email environments. By combining Sentrion on-premises with Mimecast in the cloud, organizations can garner the advantages of the cloud while continuing to meet their business systems requirements. The option of a hybrid configuration means no matter what size of business and no matter how complex the requirements, we can enable the ideal email management solution.”
Sentrion Cloud Apps powered by Mimecast are available now from Sendmail. Those applications include: Mimecast Email Security, Mimecast Email Archiving and Mimecast Email Continuity. Deeper enterprise-specific integration between the two platforms is currently underway.
Mimecast delivers cloud-based email management for Microsoft Exchange, including archiving, continuity and security. By unifying disparate and fragmented email environments into one holistic solution that is always available from the cloud, Mimecast minimizes risk and reduces cost and complexity, while providing total end-to-end control of email. Founded in the United Kingdom in 2003, Mimecast serves more than 6,000 customers and 1.5 million users worldwide and has offices in Europe, North America, Africa and the Channel Islands.
Mimecast social media resources
Sendmail simplifies business email complexity and reduces IT infrastructure costs for large enterprises. The company’s solutions ensure global email connectivity, routing, and message delivery between people, systems, and applications located on-premises, in-cloud or on mobile devices. The Sentrion Email Integration Platform performs intelligent email policy and message inspection ensuring all critical communications and content are integrated with business policies, applications and processes. Sendmail is headquartered in Emeryville, CA with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, call 1-87-SENDMAIL or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sendmail Blog: www.sendmail.com/sm/blog/wik/
Follow @Sendmail on Twitter.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing