|By PR Newswire||
|December 3, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Broadridge Financial Solutions (NYSE: BR) - through an alliance with leading corporate actions service provider XSP - today announced that it has signed a large North American broker-dealer as the inaugural client to use its Global Corporate Actions Solution (GCAS) product. The combined offering introduces a streamlined way to deliver the highest-quality end-to-end corporate actions processing for financial services firms worldwide.
Rapid market globalization, rising transaction volumes and growing complexity have increased the burden on firms' corporate actions staffs and infrastructures, diminishing operating efficiency and increasing risk. As challenges persist for the financial industry in today's evolving marketplace, the speed and accuracy of a firm's global corporate actions processing can be a competitive advantage.
Key market drivers causing financial firms to rethink their approach to the corporate actions function include:
- Improvement in operating efficiency
- Navigation of the complexities of regulatory compliance
- Reduction in data management costs
- More effective management of risks
- Faster entry into new markets
- Enhancement of the customer experience
- Tangible ROI
"Despite significant industry advances in automating the investment lifecycle, traditional global corporate actions processing remains outdated and is often labor-intensive, tending to result in outcomes prone to errors and inaccuracy," said Susan Certoma, President, Brokerage Processing Services, Broadridge. "Through the GCAS offering, Broadridge has a unique opportunity to enable implementation of a fully-managed end-to-end, automated process for corporate actions that reduces costs, risks and complexity, while at the same time significantly enhancing the quality of data, productivity and delivery options. Broadridge's fully-managed service model is also tailored to individual client needs, such as increased accuracy of announcements from multiple sources and timely delivery of clean events to decision makers, so we're able to provide targeted solutions for specific departments across all asset classes."
Brendan P. Farrell Jr., Chief Executive Officer at XSP, commented, "We are excited to sign our first Broadridge client to the GCAS offering. This large broker-dealer conducted an extensive analysis of both the technical and business processes, which confirmed the undeniable strength of our combined offering. In addition to leveraging SWIFT ISO messaging to further promote straight-through-processing (STP), they also see the value of our highly-configurable XSP GO!™ dashboard, which caters to the unique requirements of their retail and institutional end users. Our focus has always been on the development and support of our software. As a result of our continuous investment we are constantly expanding and enhancing the functionality of our solutions. We look forward to working with Broadridge in helping other financial institutions streamline end-to-end processing for corporate actions."
The XSP v5 solution combines state-of-the-art technology with feature-rich functionality to help manage every critical step in the Corporate Actions lifecycle. The platform is built with the industry's most advanced technology to enhance levels of STP while eliminating manual intervention. The reliance on paper notifications is reduced and the need to re-key data is eliminated. Unlike other resource-intensive and time-consuming proprietary systems, the XSP v5 platform is a flexible, proven and cost-effective alternative that integrates easily with existing infrastructures.
Since announcing their strategic relationship in March and going to market, Broadridge has been working closely with XSP to raise awareness of its combined solution among clients and is currently in talks with several other financial institutions. In addition, Broadridge has installed the application itself and has begun the process of integrating into the framework of back-office operations. The combined offering enables clients to maximize operational efficiencies and facilitate very high levels of STP for corporate actions.
This product is part of Broadridge's Managed Data Service offering, which provides a complete solution to help clients meet increasing regulatory demands for data consistency, transparency and accuracy, while avoiding the high costs and potential risks associated with a company gathering, cleansing and distributing such data on their own. Broadridge's Managed Data Service package offers a full-service processing platform in Reference Data, Client and Counterparty, Pricing and Corporate Actions that allows for streamlined delivery of high-quality, customized solutions to the mass market through a single, data-vendor neutral provider worldwide.
Broadridge is a technology services company focused on global capital markets. Broadridge is the market leader enabling secure and accurate processing of information for communications and securities transactions among issuers, investors and financial intermediaries. Broadridge builds the infrastructure that underpins proxy services for over 90% of public companies and mutual funds in North America; processes more than $4.5 trillion in fixed income and equity trades per day; and saves companies billions annually through its technology solutions.
For more information about Broadridge, please visit www.broadridge.com.
XSP is the global leader in end-to-end Corporate Actions automation solutions for the global financial services industry. Accredited with the SWIFTReady Corporate Actions Label, the XSP platform is SWIFT ISO 15022 compliant and proven to mitigate the operational risks and costs associated with Corporate Actions processing. XSP offers a flexible menu of options including Managed Cloud Hosting or SaaS environment via our new XSPrisa™ product. The XSP v5 platform can also be implemented on-premises in large scale, multi-tenant enterprises. The XSP GO!™ Product Suite addresses many new product and technology initiatives around Cloud Computing, Mobile Delivery and Social Networking Collaboration which facilitate automating of the last mile in the global Corporate Actions processing chain. XSP is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and has achieved a Microsoft Competency in ISV/Software Solutions.
For more information, please visit us at www.xsp.com and follow us on Twitter @XSPGlobal.
Kelly M. Howard
SOURCE Broadridge Financial Solutions
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar