|By Marketwired .||
|November 30, 2012 03:34 PM EST||
MIAMI, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/30/12 -- The Hispanicize 2013 Film Festival issued a national call for feature length and short film submissions today as part of a robust program expansion for 2013 that will spotlight more filmmakers and celebrities, and will include collaboration with other film festivals. Hispanicize 2013 (http://www.hispanicizeevent.com), the fourth annual Latino trends event for filmmakers, bloggers, journalists, marketers and music artists, will take place April 9-13, 2013 at the Eden Roc Hotel in Miami Beach.
"Our commitment to film is expanding with a festival that is powerfully sharpened to showcase the works and talent of independent Latino filmmakers like never before," said Manny Ruiz, founder and creative director of Hispanicize 2013. "Everything we're doing for 2013 is meant to empower filmmakers."
A Bolder, Unprecedented Agenda
Adds Hispanicize 2013 Film Festival Curator Roman Morales: "The goal of the Hispanicize 2013 Film Festival is to showcase 'The Next Generation' of U.S. Latino filmmakers. We want to be the launch pad for the future Robert Rodriguezes, Guillermo del Toros or Alejandro González Iñárritus."
To support these goals, the Hispanicize 2013 Film Festival has several new or enhanced changes for 2013 including:
More feature length films and short films with heavy promotion in traditional and social media, as well as filmmaker profiles: Organizers will work closer with filmmakers to spotlight their bios, photos and film trailers. New media partnerships will also connect filmmakers directly to entertainment media and bloggers.
Latino Filmmakers Marketplace: Hispanicize 2013 will feature its first Latino Filmmakers Marketplace to help connect independent Latino filmmakers directly to investors and distributors.
An agenda and slate of film built by industry influencers: The Hispanicize 2013 Film Festival will be directed by Roman Morales, who returns to that role with an influential national film committee comprised of Calixto Chinchilla, Executive Director of the New York International Latino Film Festival; Jaie Laplante, Executive Director of the Miami International Film Festival; Bel Hernandez, CEO of Latin Heat Media and co-founder of the Hispanicize 2013 Film Festival; Ivette Rodriguez, CEO of American Entertainment Marketing; Hugo Perez, award winning producer and Director of Hispanic Marketing for The Zocalo Group; and Monica Taher, Business Development Director Getty Images Hispanic and Getty Images Latin America.
Content focused on the business and marketing of Latino films: Most film sessions in Hispanicize 2013 will focus on case studies related to the business, financing and marketing of films made by and/or for Latinos. Additionally, there will be a Filmmaker's Edition of the "15-minutes of Genius" sessions, which are Ted-like talks featuring five back to back presentations packed with genius insights about a particular topic.
Latinovators and more stars: Expect a lot more star power in 2013. At least one of the recipients of the prestigious Latinovator award will be a major Latino influencer in film and entertainment. In the past, Hispanicize has highlighted Hollywood greats such as Oscar nominee Edward James Olmos, actors Andy García and Steven Bauer, among others.
Cult Classic Closing Night: In 2012, Hispanicize featured a mega closing night program with the stars of "Scarface" at a private mansion in Miami Beach. In 2013, the closing night cult film event will include a surprise movie that merges the themes of film, music and Latino culture in a powerful and fun way.
CALL FOR ENTRIES INFORMATION
The Hispanicize 2013 Film Festival will award the following prizes:
Hispanicize Feature Film Jury Prize: $1,000 (This is in addition to a $500 maximum reimbursement for airfare and an additional $500 toward room and board for the winner).
Hispanicize Short Film Jury Prize: $500 (This is in addition to a $500 maximum reimbursement for airfare and an additional $500 toward room and board for the winner).
To submit your film visit http://www.hispanicizeevent.com/film/submit-your-film.html. Pay special attention to the "Description" fields. This information should be engaging and informative, as it will be used for Hispanicize marketing materials and program books.
The early submission deadline for feature and short films is January 21st. The late submission deadline is February 18th. Films must be received by these dates; postmarks do not count toward the deadline. Refer to the FAQ with any questions. Films selected to be in the festival will be notified in late February.
Entries may also be mailed to: Hispanicize Film Submissions, 7310 Manchaca Rd #151300 Austin, TX 78715.
All filmmakers whose works are chosen will be heavily publicized before, during and after the Hispanicize 2013 Film Festival. Additionally, each accepted feature length and short filmmaker will be provided with two badges for entrance into all Hispanicize events. Complete film entry details are available at http://www.hispanicizeevent.com.
Latin Heat Media and Getty Images Hispanic
The Hispanicize 2013 Film Festival will be produced in conjunction with Latin Heat Media, LLC and Getty Images Hispanic, two leading entertainment content platforms.
Latin Heat will play a lead role in the creation of workshops to help filmmakers develop content, network, market and fund their projects.
For its part, Getty Images Latin America will be instrumental in documenting Hispanicize 2013.
Sponsorship and Registration Information
Sponsorship information is available by contacting [email protected] or calling 203.364.4779. To reserve a hotel room, visit https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=14723119
About Hispanicize 2013
Now in its fourth year, Hispanicize 2013 (http://www.HispanicizeEvent.com) (#Hispz13) is the iconic annual event for Latino trendsetters and newsmakers in social media, journalism, advertising, PR, film, music and innovation.
Hispanicize 2013 brings brands, media, marketers, celebrities, filmmakers, innovators and bloggers together in a unique creative environment focused on ideas and best practices. The event is a launch pad for creative endeavors, new products, technologies, marketing campaigns, films, books and more targeting Latinos.
Hispanicize 2013, a partnership of the Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA), Hispanicize and the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), will be held at the Eden Roc Hotel in Miami Beach, April 9-13, 2013.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2167667
Katherine Johnson (@KatJohn)
email: [email protected]
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar