|By PR Newswire||
|November 27, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
TREVOSE, Pa., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rita's Italian Ice, the nation's largest Italian Ice concept with over 625 outlets in 19 states, announced today it has agreed to serve Rita's Italian Ice and Custard exclusively at Prudential Center in New Jersey, a state-of-the-art sports and entertainment venue in the central business district of Newark, New Jersey. Rita's will feature its popular treats including its famous Italian Ice and Custard at upcoming events at the Rock. Prudential Center hosts over 200 events a year, boasting an attendance of over two million annually and is home to the three-time Stanley Cup Champion and 2011-2012 Eastern Conference Champion New Jersey Devils, Seton Hall NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball, and the WNBA's New York Liberty.
"It is our goal to provide our fans with an enjoyable experience every time they enter the arena," said Rich Krezwick, president of Devils Arena Entertainment. "With Rita's now serving their products to our fans, there will be even more to enjoy."
"We are very excited to now offer Rita's Italian Ice to sports and event fans at Prudential Center," said William Bori, Rita's new franchisee. "Devils fans will now be able to watch their favorite NHL team while eating their favorite Italian Ice," said Bori.
"It is a great privilege to be able to have our Rita's products served at Prudential Center to give attendees a quality brand they know and love," said Jonathan Fornaci, chief executive officer of Rita's. "Our Italian Ice and Custard treats add variety to the food options served and offer a delicious local favorite to all Devils fans!"
Recently acquired by Falconhead Capital, LLC in New York, Rita's Italian Ice has been aggressively expanding in its core markets in the US as well as internationally. The development of this innovative and comprehensive multiple sports venue deal was aided by Falconhead's deep relationships and extensive network in the sports and media industries in which it holds significant portfolio investments.
"This is a great accomplishment for Rita's," said Thomas Christopoul, Executive Chairman of Rita's and Operating Partner of Falconhead Capital. "The opportunity to serve our exceptional products to hockey fans in our core market and build our brand nationally through a close association with this world class team and this distinct venue is an important milestone for us." The partnership agreement also provides for key promotional placement including suite catering distribution and fan exposure at the venue.
Rita's Franchise Company is actively seeking area development agreements and multiple-unit operators throughout California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Florida, the Carolinas, and the Northeast, and single unit franchisees in the mid-Atlantic region. Rita's is also actively pursuing major international markets across several continents. In addition, it is strongly desired that Area Developer candidates have past franchise operation or area development experience. For more information on franchising, visit www.ownaritas.com
About Rita's Franchise Company
Rita's Franchise Company, headquartered in Trevose, PA, is the largest Italian Ice concept in the United States, currently operating in 19 states with over 625 outlets. Rita's presently has international locations opening in China, India, ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao), and Canada, and is continuing to grow nationally and internationally through franchise opportunities.
The popular chain offers a variety of frozen treats including its famous Italian Ice, made fresh daily with real fruit, available in over sixty flavors, Old Fashioned Frozen Custard, Milkshakes, layered Gelati as well as its signature Misto® and Blendini® creations. With its motto: "Ice, Custard, Happiness," Rita's is dedicated to serving up a big dose of happiness with its freshly made, delicious, custom treats, in a fun-filled atmosphere.
Rita's topped the Zagat Survey for the #1 Best Quick Refreshment, Ice Cream/Custard for 2012, and was named one of the Top 25 Franchise High Performers by the Wall Street Journal's "Startup Journal" and named Top 100 on Entrepreneur Magazine's "Top 500 Franchise Rankings" in 2012. For more information about Rita's please call 1-800-677-7482 or visit www.ritasice.com or www.ritasice.ca
About Falconhead Capital
Falconhead Capital, LLC, www.falconheadcapital.com, with $400 million of assets under management, is a leading private investment firm established in 1998 to provide investors with significant long-term capital appreciation by investing globally in consumer-focused businesses. Falconhead Capital's current portfolio includes Competitor Group, Inc., Escort, Inc., Extreme Fitness, Inc., GPSI Holdings, Javo Beverage Company, Not Your Daughter's Jeans, Our365 (f/k/a Growing Family) and Premier, Inc. Past Falconhead investments include, among others, National Powersport Auctions, Maritime Telecommunications Network, and ESPN Classic Europe, LLC.
About Prudential Center
Prudential Center is home to the three-time Stanley Cup Champion and 2011-2012 Eastern Conference Champion New Jersey Devils, Seton Hall NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball, the WNBA's New York Liberty, over 200 events a year including major concerts, the 2011 NCAA East Regional, the 2011 & 2012 NBA Draft and the 2013 NHL Draft. Opened in October 2007, the arena now welcomes over 2 million guests through its doors annually, ranking tenth overall in 2011, according to leading industry publication Venues Today. The Rock provides the ultimate live sports and entertainment experience for fans, featuring unique dining options and superior customer service in seven premium lounges. Prudential Center is located in downtown Newark just two blocks from Newark Penn Station, accessible via NJ Transit, PATH and Amtrak, while at the heart of cross-roads for five major highway access routes and 12 miles from midtown Manhattan. Prudential Center's charitable arm, DevilsCare, in partnership with the New Jersey Devils, was awarded the 2011 EPA's Environmental Quality Award for its Rock and Wrap It Up! Program. Follow us on Twitter at @PruCenter or Like Prudential Center on Facebook!
SOURCE Rita's Italian Ice
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- The CTOvision Big Data Top Enterprise Tech List: The most important data technologies to accelerate into your infrastructure
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing