|By Business Wire||
|November 23, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
Kenexa Corporation (NYSE:KNXA), a leading provider of recruiting and talent management solutions, today announced the entering into of a Memorandum of Understanding to settle a derivative action and purported class action complaint that was filed in the Court of Common Pleas of Chester County, Pennsylvania, in connection with the proposed acquisition of Kenexa by International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM). The settlement of the lawsuit is subject to definitive documentation and court approval.
As previously announced on August 27, 2012, Kenexa entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger (the “Merger Agreement”) with IBM and Jasmine Acquisition Corp., a wholly-owned subsidiary of IBM (“Merger Sub”), pursuant to which Merger Sub will merge with and into Kenexa, with Kenexa being the surviving corporation and a wholly-owned subsidiary of IBM.
In connection with the Memorandum of Understanding, Kenexa’s board of directors adopted a resolution granting all Kenexa shareholders dissenters rights in connection with the merger, and Kenexa, IBM and Sub entered into an amendment to the merger agreement providing for such dissenters rights. Accordingly, Kenexa shareholders have dissenters rights as provided by Pennsylvania law in connection with the merger.
In order to provide Kenexa’s shareholders with time to consider the amendment to the Merger Agreement and to evaluate, and provide timely notice of their intention to exercise, their dissenters rights with respect to the merger, Kenexa has agreed to postpone its previously scheduled special shareholder meeting in connection with the merger. The special shareholder meeting for Kenexa originally scheduled for November 29, 2012 will be held on December 3, 2012 starting at 10:00 a.m., local time, at 3000 Two Logan Square, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103, or at any further postponement or adjournment of this meeting.
Any proxies or votes already submitted by shareholders in connection with the special meeting will remain valid and will be unaffected by the delay in holding the special meeting or the amendment of the Merger Agreement. If you have voted in favor of the Merger Agreement and wish to exercise your dissenters rights, there are actions you will need to take that are described in supplemental proxy materials being mailed to Kenexa’s shareholders on November 23, 2012.
Kenexa Corporation (NYSE:KNXA) helps drive HR and business outcomes through its unique combination of technology, content and services. Enabling organizations to optimize their workforces since 1987, Kenexa’s integrated talent acquisition and talent management solutions have touched the lives of more than 110 million people. Additional information about Kenexa and its global products and services can be accessed at www.kenexa.com. Follow Kenexa on Twitter: @kenexa.
This press release is not, and is not intended to be, a solicitation of proxies or an offer of securities. In connection with the proposed transaction, Kenexa has filed a definitive proxy statement and other materials with the SEC and will file a Current Report on Form 8-K. Investors and security holders are advised to read the Form 8-K in conjunction with the proxy statement and these other materials when they become available because they will contain important information about Kenexa and the proposed transaction. Investors and security holders may obtain a free copy of the definitive proxy statement, the current report on Form 8-K (when available) and other documents filed by Kenexa with the SEC at the SEC’s web site at www.sec.gov. Copies of the definitive proxy statement, the Current Report on Form 8-K (when available) and other filings made by Kenexa with the SEC can also be obtained, free of charge, by directing a request to Kenexa Corporation, 650 East Swedesford Road, Wayne, PA 19087, Attention: Investor Relations. The definitive proxy statement and other filings are also available for free on Kenexa’s website at www.kenexa.com under “Investor Relations.”
This press release includes certain “forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, plans, objectives, expectations and intentions and other statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts and statements identified by words such as "expects," "anticipates," "intends," "plans," "believes," "seeks," "estimates" or words of similar meaning. These statements may contain, among other things, guidance as to future revenue and earnings, operations, expected benefits from acquisitions, prospects of the business generally, intellectual property and the development of products. These statements are based on our current beliefs or expectations and are inherently subject to various risks and uncertainties, including the risk that the settlement is not approved by the court as well as those set forth under the caption "Risk Factors" in Kenexa’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and as revised or supplemented by Kenexa’s quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. Actual results may differ materially from these expectations due to changes in global political, economic, business, competitive, market and regulatory factors, Kenexa’s ability to implement business and acquisition strategies or to complete or integrate acquisitions. Kenexa does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this document as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar