|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 05:07 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- KIT digital, Inc. (NASDAQ: KITD), a leading video management software and services company, today announced that, because of errors and irregularities identified by the Company in its historical financial statements, the financial statements for (1) the years ended December 31, 2009, 2010 and 2011 and (2) each of the three quarters in 2009, 2010 and 2011 will be restated. As a result of the restatement of these prior periods, the Company will also restate the quarters ended March 31, 2012 and June 30, 2012. Accordingly, investors should no longer rely upon the Company's previously issued financial statements for these periods, any earnings releases or other communications relating to these periods, or projections or estimates for any future periods. As a result, the Company will not timely file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the three months ended September 30, 2012 and will not issue an earnings release or host an earnings conference call.
The accounting errors and irregularities giving rise to the restatement relate primarily to recognition of revenue related to certain perpetual software license agreements entered into by the prior management team in 2010 and 2011. These errors and irregularities were discovered in connection with the Audit Committee's previously disclosed investigation of certain transactions. As part of the restatement, the Company will adjust the financial statements for errors identified during prior periods, recording the adjustments in the appropriate historical period. Because of the Company's ongoing review and investigation of certain transactions, the Company requires additional time to complete an analysis of the accounting treatment for the software licenses and to determine the extent of the corrections that may be required to its historical financial statements. Other effects on previous financial statements are also possible. Accordingly, the Company cannot currently quantify the potential impact of the restatement.
As of today, the Company has approximately $10.6 million of cash and cash equivalents, of which approximately $4.0 million is restricted cash. The Company also has approximately $11.0 million outstanding under a secured loan facility and $2.5 million under an unsecured related party note. The Company is currently up to date with the principal and interest payments due under those loans, however, as a result of the restatement discussed above, there is an Event of Default under the secured loan facility and the Company is in discussions with the lenders. As previously disclosed, the Company has also experienced substantial losses this year, including costs related to previously disclosed litigations and restructuring expenses and will also incur additional costs related to the restatement discussed above. As a result of these circumstances, and based on the Company's forecast, the Company expects to continue to incur significant cash expenditures.
As a result of these challenges, the Company is considering a broad set of strategic alternatives including financing transactions as well as other strategic transactions including a sale of the Company or its assets. The Company continues to examine the reduction of working capital requirements to further conserve cash and may need to take additional actions in the near-term, which may include additional personnel reductions and suspension of certain development activities.
The above actions may or may not prove to be consistent with the Company's long-term strategic objectives, which have shifted in the current year, as the Company discontinued certain non-core assets, among other things. No assurance can be given that the Company will be able to enter in to an agreement for a sale of the Company or its assets or obtain financing on favorable terms, if at all, or to successfully further reduce costs in such a way that would continue to allow the Company to operate its business.
As a result of the restatement, the Company is also cancelling its 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders. Under current SEC rules, the restatement must be complete before the Company may hold an annual meeting of stockholders. The Company originally scheduled the 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders to occur on December 5, 2012.
About KIT digital, Inc.
KIT digital (NASDAQ: KITD) is a leading video management software and services company. Cosmos and Cloud, the company's video asset management systems, enable leading broadband media companies to produce, manage and deliver multiscreen socially-enabled video experiences to audiences wherever they are. KIT digital services nearly 2,500 clients in 50+ countries including some of the world's biggest brands, such as Airbus, The Associated Press, AT&T, BBC, BSkyB, Disney-ABC, Google, HP, Mediaset, MTV, News Corp, RCS Media Group, Sky Deutschland, Sky Italia, Telecom Argentina, Telecom Italia, Telefonica O2, Universal Studios, Verizon, Vodafone, VRT and Volkswagen. KIT digital maintains headquarters in New York City and offices in more than a dozen countries around the world. Visit the company at www.kitd.com or follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/KITdigital.
Important Caution Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release contains certain "forward-looking statements." These statements can be identified by the use of words or phrases such as "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "projects," "plans" and variations of these words or similar words. These forward-looking statements include statements regarding the Company's intent to restate certain prior period financial statements and the errors that resulted in the decision that these historical financial statements could no longer be relied upon. There can be no assurance that the Company's Board of Directors, Audit Committee, management or independent registered public accounting firm will not reach conclusions regarding the impact of the restatement that are different from management's current estimates or identify additional issues in connection with the restatement or that these issues will not require additional corrections to the Company's prior period financial statements. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties which may cause actual results to differ materially from those stated in this release. These risks and uncertainties include the risk that additional information may become available in preparing and auditing the financial statements would require the Company to make additional corrections, the cost, time and effort required to complete the restatement of the financial statements, the ramifications of the Company's potential inability to timely file periodic and other reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including potential delisting of the Company's common stock on NASDAQ and the risk of litigation or governmental investigations or proceedings relating to these matters. Certain risks and uncertainties related to our business are or will be described in greater detail in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Except as required by applicable law, the Company is not under obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update its forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar