|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 10:06 AM EST||
DALLAS, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It truly is better to give than to receive, especially during the holidays, which is why AT&T* is excited to announce a new holiday campaign that will help Make-A-Wish grant wishes for children across the country who have life-threatening medical conditions.
Through its "28 Days of Wishes" holiday campaign, AT&T will donate $210,000 to Make-A-Wish so the wishes of 28 boys and girls in 22 cities will become a reality. Over the next few weeks, beginning Nov. 23, AT&T is teaming up with Make-A-Wish and will be sponsoring one child's wish every day. Examples of wishes that will be granted include:
- Victoria, 15, life-threatening pulmonary disease, I wish to go to Hawaii; Make-A-Wish North Texas.
- Lemuel, 10, life-threatening blood disorder, I wish to have video games; Make-A-Wish Metro New York and Western New York.
- Baylee, 14, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, I wish to go to Atlantis; Make-A-Wish Georgia.
- Matthew, 9, lymphoma, I wish to go to Atlantis and ride the Leap of Faith slide; Make-A-Wish Metro New York and Western New York.
"There is truly nothing better than experiencing the holidays through the eyes of children, especially the joy that erupts when they receive that one special wish that they thought was out of reach," said Phil Bienert, senior vice president, Consumer Digital Experience, AT&T. "Make-A-Wish helps create these special moments every day for thousands of kids every year. AT&T is excited to work with them to bring to life what the holidays are really about—joy, peace and giving."
"Make-A-Wish is thrilled AT&T is helping us provide powerful wish experiences for children with life-threatening medical conditions. We are thankful they recognize the life-changing nature of a wish-come-true and that they are committed to helping sick kids feel better, and in some cases, get better," said David Williams, president and CEO of Make-A-Wish America.
For more information about the campaign, visit att.com/wish.
Separate from the "28 Days of Wishes" holiday campaign, AT&T is launching a fun sweepstakes that gives consumers a chance to have their wireless dreams come true this holiday in the form of AT&T devices and accessories.
Beginning Nov. 23 through Dec. 20, eligible participants1 have a chance to win one of two daily prizes through random draw or by writing that day's "best" essay on the topic, "What is your greatest wish this season?" Each day, the submitted essays2 will be posted on the Wish-a-Day website, att.com/wish, where consumer votes will determine the daily winner. Anyone who doesn't win the essay contest or the random draw the first go 'round can simply try again the next day and the next—until the campaign ends.
To learn more about the Wish-a-Day sweepstakes, including rules and eligibility requirements, visit att.com/wish.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
1Wish-a-Day Sweepstakes. No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and DC, 18 years or older (19 in NE & AL, 21 in MS). Ends 12/20/2012 11:59 PM EST. Void where prohibited by law. See official rules.
2 Contest entry must include an essay in 2,000 characters or less that answers the question: "What is your greatest wish this season?". At the discretion of the Promotion Parties, entries will be posted in a gallery at ATT.com/wish, subject to validation and moderation. See official rules for complete details.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
About Make-A-Wish® America
Make-A-Wish® grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. According to a 2011 U.S. study of wish impact, most health professionals surveyed believe a wish-come-true can have positive impacts on the health of children. Kids say wishes give them renewed strength to fight their illnesses, and their parents say these experiences help strengthen the entire family. Based in Phoenix, Make-A-Wish is one of the world's leading children's charities, serving children in every community in the United States and its territories. With the help of generous donors and more than 25,000 volunteers, Make-A-Wish grants a wish somewhere in the country every 38 minutes. It has granted more than 212,000 wishes since its inception in 1980; nearly 14,000 in 2011 alone. Visit Make-A-Wish at wish.org to learn more.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar