|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
NAPERVILLE, Ill., Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The most loved viral holiday website in history, ElfYourself.com® is back and is coming to life on new social and mobile platforms. OfficeMax® Incorporated (NYSE: OMX), a leader in office and facility supplies, technology and services, has launched its popular free holiday eGreeting site with a new ElfYourself Live experience that allows users to "elf" themselves while chatting with friends, family and people across the globe during live online broadcasts on YouNow.com.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/55691-officemax-elfyourself-social-and-mobile-goes-live
In mid-December, the first ElfYourself mobile application will launch for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod® touch to help holiday revelers create, share and view ElfYourself eGreetings on-the-go. Create and share a holiday eGreeting at no charge through the app, with the option to purchase additional dances for $.99 each.
"We're taking the ElfYourself franchise to new places with real-time social media interaction and a new mobile app to help people spread holiday cheer anytime, anywhere," said Michael Lewis, executive vice president and president of retail at OfficeMax. "Over the past six years, ElfYourself has become a holiday tradition, and we look forward to bringing it back this season bigger and better than ever before."
Get Your 60-Seconds of "Elf" Fame
Participate in a new real-time holiday experience at ElfYourself Live, a dedicated channel featured on YouNow.com where your one-minute video starring you will be broadcast online in front of a live global audience. A new form of social television, the YouNow ElfYourself Live channel will spread holiday cheer by "elfing" the stars of each live video with superimposed ElfYourself hats and ears. Fans can visit www.younow.com/elfyourself to view, comment, and vote on their favorite broadcasts live, and top-ranked broadcasts get more air-time on the channel.
"We are thrilled to bring the ElfYourself holiday tradition to our rapidly growing social television network," said Adi Sideman, CEO of YouNow. "YouNow is a new social entertainment experience, where anyone can broadcast and be part of the live programming, and viewers decide who gets to stay on air. The combination of social video, real-time communication and the video platform brings new excitement to the ElfYourself experience. We are thrilled to be working with OfficeMax on this cutting edge social video campaign."
Free Holiday Calendar from OfficeMax
Also new this holiday season, OfficeMax is giving a free personalized gift to everyone across the U.S. who "elfs" themselves. Each person who creates a personalized holiday eGreeting will receive a promotional code to pick up a free1 year-at-a-view calendar featuring their personalized elves at OfficeMax stores nationwide.
Custom Holiday eGreetings with Five Dance Themes
This season, OfficeMax tapped Oddcast, Inc. to produce the web and mobile app versions of ElfYourself featuring five customizable dancing elf videos, each with a holiday twist on popular themes including Hip Hop, Soul, 80's, Charleston and Classic. Customize your ElfYourself holiday eGreeting with up to five photos and share via email, Facebook and Twitter as well as embed into websites and blogs.
Expanded Selection of Personalized Holiday Gifts
Shoppers can turn their custom "elfed" photos into personalized holiday cards, gifts and stocking stuffers for purchase at OfficeMax. Choose from an expanded selection of custom gifts including smartphone cases, water bottles, ornaments, puzzles, playing cards and more. To order, present your ElfYourself.com eGreeting promotional code at any OfficeMax store throughout the U.S. or visit the OfficeMax ImPress® Print Center holiday store.
Most Loved Viral Holiday Website in History
Since ElfYourself debuted in 2006, people in all 196 countries across the seven continents have used the popular holiday website to create more than 470 million customized videos. Consumers have spent the equivalent of 7,124 years on ElfYourself.com during the 2006 to 2011 holiday seasons. To join in the holiday fun, please visit ElfYourself.com.
OfficeMax Incorporated (NYSE: OMX) is a leader in integrating products, solutions and services for the workplace, whether for business or at home. The OfficeMax mission is simple: We provide workplace innovation that enables our customers to work better. The company provides office supplies and paper, in-store print and document services through OfficeMax ImPress®, technology products and solutions, and furniture to businesses and consumers. OfficeMax consumers and business customers are served by approximately 29,000 associates through OfficeMax.com; OfficeMaxSolutions.com and Reliable.com; more than 900 stores in the U.S. and Mexico; and direct sales and catalogs. OfficeMax has been named one of the 2012 World's Most Ethical Companies, and is the only company in the office supply industry to receive Ethics Inside® Certification by the Ethisphere Institute. To find the nearest OfficeMax, call 1-877-OFFICEMAX. For more information, visit www.officemax.com.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of OfficeMax Incorporated used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of OfficeMax Incorporated. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
1 While supplies last. Calendars will be created when promotion code is presented at OfficeMax ImPress Print Center at OfficeMax stores throughout the U.S.
OfficeMax Media Contact
SOURCE OfficeMax, Inc.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar