|By PR Newswire||
|November 19, 2012 11:46 AM EST||
CENTER LINE, Mich., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- 1st Source Servall, one of the largest distributors of appliance parts in North America, today announced it has launched a new digital marketing services division - Profit Partners Solutions - to assist small businesses in the appliance parts and services industry. The new suite of services provides small businesses the opportunity to utilize various web based platforms, including website development and social media to enhance brand awareness, services and name recognition.
Profit Partners Solutions is designed to assist small appliance service and HVAC businesses that wish to incorporate digital marketing applications into their business model but either do not have the expertise or the budget to hire an outside consultant to develop and implement.
"We strongly believe that the small appliance sales and service businesses throughout the country are the backbone of our industry, but the reality is that many of these businesses do not have access to web based marketing, which will eventually have severe economic ramifications on them and the entire industry," said Kim Adler, president, 1st Source Servall. "This is why we are offering this cost efficient digital marketing service to ensure smaller businesses can establish an online marketing presence to survive in the digital commerce age. If they prosper, the entire industry prospers."
1st Source Servall's Profit Partners Solutions offers a full suite of digital marketing options that are specifically designed for the appliance & HVAC sales and service industry. Business owners can either select the full suite of options or choose individual services that best fit their business needs.
Profit Partners Solutions offers the following digital services:
- Website on Demand is ideal for the company that may not have a website, or a current site, to refresh the businesses digital image as well as ensure easier access for their customers. Services to be provided include full website creation, with design and creative aspects by digital media experts who understand the appliance industry. Businesses can choose from template website designs that have been uniquely developed to accommodate and showcase industry specific needs and services. This service includes Google Analytics, website based email addresses and individualized URL.
- Social Media on Demand is a service that helps a company establish a social media presence to increase brand recognition in order to interact with customers as well as engage potential new customers. Profit Partners Solutions works with their clients to create unique Facebook, Google +, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts and provide training on how to use these platforms to keep customers and prospects engaged. The service is also available to businesses that may already utilize social media, but want to learn how to better use it as a sales and communication tool or enhance its social media identity. Profit Partners Solutions social media experts will analyze current social media presence, assist in making the presence more aesthetically pleasing and engaging, and will train the business how to better utilize the tool to engage customers.
- Local Search on Demand helps businesses ensure that they are found on the internet by customers and are optimized on the most popular local directories. Profit Partners Solutions will claim a business' listing for the company on the top 10 local directories in the desired market, such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and other local directories, and add all of the specific details that lead to improving search optimization rankings. All listings will be optimized with important information about the business and will include a company logo and photos of the business.
- e-commerce on Demand creates a web-based sales division for traditional brick and mortar businesses by providing a modern parts website branded specifically with the company logo and colors. Each business is provided appliance parts lookup functionality, detailed parts descriptions with pictures, a fully functional secure shopping cart and web chat availability. This will transform any business into a 24 hour operation with limitless growth potential, without adding any extra work. 1st Source Servall will offer access to their extensive inventory, ship all ordered parts directly to the end consumer in the name of their client, process all credit card payments and handle all customer service aspects. In addition, every sale through the business' ecommerce webpage will result in a rebate from 1st Source Servall.
- Parts Department on Demand offers customers the opportunity to have 1st Source Servall act as their customer contact and sales center for appliance parts. Each business receives a unique branded toll free number, 7 day per week consumer call handling by parts experts, access to the largest appliance parts inventory in the US and a rebate earned on all sales.
- Parts Promo on Demand and Truck Stock on Demand are both designed to help business owners maximize their profitability through discounted parts agreements and inventory guarantees. Parts Promo on Demand assists businesses on a quarterly basis to identify highly sold appliance parts and ensure the best pricing possible on them. Truck Stock on Demand offers appliance service companies' assistance in identifying highest used appliance parts in a service business and then determining the right amount to stock on their service trucks. The service guarantees the sale of the initial inventory, allowing small businesses to add inventory and improve profits without taking long term financial risks.
"1st Source Servall takes great pride in creating a business service that has the potential to greatly benefit small appliance businesses across America through a digital presence in order to enhance their visibility and market share," Adler said.
For more information of Profit Partners Solutions, please visit, profitpartnerssoultions.com or call 1.800.519.7800.
About 1st Source Servall:
Founded in 1929, 1st Source Servall (www.1stservall.com) is a third-generation family-owned and operated distributor of appliance parts. With branch offices and call centers located throughout the Midwest, Southwest, Southeast and Northeast, 1st Source Servall is one of North America's largest distributor of appliance parts. The company employs more than 550 people and has 52 stores nationwide, the most in the appliance parts industry. Find 1st Source Servall on Facebook at www.facebook.com/1stsourceservall and can be followed on Twitter at @1stsourceserval.
Benjamin Roberts, e3communications
SOURCE 1st Source Servall
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Oct. 8, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,097
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Oct. 8, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 570
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new data-driven world, marketplaces reign supreme while interoperability, APIs and applications deliver un...
Oct. 8, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 271
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 8, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 192
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 8, 2015 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 276
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 8, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 104
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 8, 2015 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 155
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust IoT ...
Oct. 8, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,162
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 8, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 230
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. It also ensured scalability and better service for customers, including MUY! Companies, one of the country's largest franchise restaurant companies with 232 Pizza Hut locations. This is one example of WebRTC adoption today, but the potential is limitless when powered by IoT.
Oct. 8, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 7,470
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 8, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 497
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 8, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 648
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 759
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 474
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley. The program, to be aired during the peak viewership season of the year, will have a major impac...
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 257
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 8, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 506
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, will look at different existing uses of peer-to-peer data sharing and how it can become useful in a live session to...
Oct. 8, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 605
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 8, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 575
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 8, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 727
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 8, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,868