|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2012 03:15 AM EST||
Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), today announced that the new scale-out capabilities of Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) Select for the SAP HANA® platform have been certified by SAP. The platform enables enterprises to achieve higher performance, scalability and data persistence for faster analysis of large volumes of data over a distributed environment. The new scale-out architecture combines Hitachi Compute Blade with Hitachi enterprise-class data storage, and supports up to 16 nodes today with further expansion in the future. Today’s announcement was made at the SAPPHIRE® NOW and SAP® TechEd conferences being held in Madrid, Spain through November 16.
Hitachi Unified Compute Platform Select for SAP HANA gives today’s information-driven enterprises the ability to accelerate business decisions and provides real-time insights based on innovative in-memory analysis of massive datasets. The solution delivers SAP’s next-generation, in-memory computing technology on an integrated, optimized hardware platform, which combines Hitachi blade server technology and enterprise-class storage systems with industry-standard network components. Together, Hitachi and SAP are enabling organizations to unlock answers, insights and new value, faster than ever before.
“Large and even some midsize businesses seek higher quality and more timely access to data to facilitate real-time operational analytics with 24/7 applications,” said John Mansfield, executive vice president, Global Solutions Strategy and Development, Hitachi Data Systems. “Our scale-out solution for SAP HANA not only gives customers the ability to handle larger volumes of data with better failover, increased performance and higher availability – all of which are essential for big data use cases – but we offer several advantages as well. Most notably this solution combines highly reliable and scalable compute clusters for in-memory computing with an external, enterprise-class persistent storage tier to further ensure 24/7 operation in the most demanding and data-intensive environments. Customers have been relying on our understanding of the business requirements for the largest mission-critical deployments of SAP solutions for nearly 20 years. We have a proven track record of delivering the performance, scalability, reliability, management and total cost of ownership that they require.”
In-memory computing, the technology that enables the real-time business intelligence of SAP HANA, demands processing, storage and transport at unprecedented speeds and volumes. Hitachi UCP Select for SAP HANA gives organizations a reliable, fast solution that scales easily to accommodate dynamic workloads. The solution uses Hitachi blade server technologies to expand capacity for SAP HANA. By integrating Hitachi compute, storage and networking resources, organizations can accelerate their business value and meet their demanding applications in either physical or virtual computing environments. Hitachi Data Systems will begin general availability of the new scale-out platform for SAP HANA next quarter.
Hitachi and SAP Alliance
Hitachi and its subsidiaries, including Hitachi Data Systems, have had a strategic relationship with SAP since 1994, including the sale, integration and implementation of SAP solutions. Together, Hitachi and SAP certify integrated offerings that provide mutual customers with industry-leading availability, scalability and performance for their critical corporate information. The new scale-out capabilities of Hitachi UCP Select for SAP HANA is the latest milestone in the Hitachi global technology partnership with SAP, which includes integration of HDS technologies with SAP software, first announced in May 2011.
Customer benefits of Hitachi solutions integrated with SAP applications include the following:
- Predictable, Repeatable, Reliable Results: Pre-validated reference architectures, pre-packaged solutions with enterprise-class components across the entire stack, and targeted provisioning help ensure consistent, predictable results as organizations look to manage and store massive volumes of fast-changing data.
- Exceptional Performance: High-density computing and throughput combines with wide-striping technology for enhanced utilization. Customers benefit from flexible server management capabilities and scalable architectures.
- Faster Time to Value: Quicker, simpler deployment is offered from a single source for ordering and for providing services for planning and implementation. Pre-configuration and SAP validation of key components drastically reduce onsite deployment time. Intelligent automation of complex tasks enables rapid provisioning of resources with the assurance that the appropriate underlying infrastructure components are in place.
HDS Solutions at SAPPHIRE NOW and SAP TechEd 2012 Conferences in Madrid
Attendees of the co-located SAPPHIRE NOW and SAP TechEd 2012 Conferences being held in Madrid, Spain, November 13-16, can experience the full technical capabilities and benefits of Hitachi solutions for SAP solutions. As an emerald-level exhibitor, Hitachi Data Systems will demonstrate the power of its technologies for SAP environments with presentations, in-booth demonstrations and videos in booth #1055.
Demonstrations, videos and presentations will feature: 1) how customers can streamline and simplify their SAP solution-based landscapes with Hitachi solutions, 2) Demo the Hitachi Unified Compute Platform Select for SAP HANA in the SAP Test Drive Theater, 3) showcase how Hitachi Data Systems addresses the multiple, distinct landscapes in SAP environments with tightly integrated and virtualized solutions.
In-booth presentations are scheduled at multiple times each day and will highlight Hitachi solutions for SAP HANA, the SAP NetWeaver® Information Lifecycle Management component and SAP NetWeaver Landscape Virtualization Management software.
- More information about Hitachi Unified Compute Platform and SAP HANA
- Follow us on Twitter
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Friend us on Facebook
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems provides best-in-class information technologies, services and solutions that deliver compelling customer ROI, unmatched return on assets (ROA) and demonstrable business impact. With a vision that IT must be virtualized, automated, cloud-ready and sustainable, Hitachi Data Systems offers solutions that improve IT costs and agility. With approximately 5,900 employees worldwide, Hitachi Data Systems does business in more than 100 countries and regions. Hitachi Data Systems products, services and solutions are trusted by the world’s leading enterprises, including more than 70 percent of the Fortune 100 and more than 80 percent of the Fortune Global 100. Hitachi Data Systems believes that data drives our world – and information is the new currency. To learn more, visit: http://www.hds.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 320,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2011 (ended March 31, 2012) consolidated revenues totaled 9,665 billion yen ($117.8 billion). Hitachi is focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes information and telecommunication systems, power systems, industrial, transportation and urban development systems, as well as the sophisticated materials and key devices that support them. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
© Hitachi Data Systems Corporation 2012. All Rights Reserved. HITACHI is a registered trademark of Hitachi, Ltd., and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Hitachi Data Systems is a registered trademark and service mark of Hitachi, Ltd., in the United States and other countries.
SAP, SAP HANA, SAPPHIRE, SAP NetWeaver and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar