|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., Professional Sound and Visual Division, is making the top DJ mixer in its line even better with the announcement of the new DJM-2000nexus performance mixer. The perfect complement to the recently released CDJ-2000nexus multi player, the DJM-2000nexus offers more music mixing functions, including the new Beat Slice and Sync Master, available in conjunction with Pioneer’s Pro DJ Link. In addition to the newest features, the mixer incorporates a built-in full-color 5.8-inch LCD multi-touch panel with screen effects, evolved Beat Effects, Pro DJ Link and MIDI control capability.
Pioneer DJM-2000nexus Performance Mixer (Photo: Business Wire)
“The first generation DJM-2000 has become today’s premium professional mixer, found in the best and hottest venues around the world, and now we’re making the next edition of the mixer better than ever to enable DJs to perform at the highest level,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
New Functions of Pro DJ Link
With Pro DJ Link, the DJM-2000nexus can be easily linked together (via LAN cables) with multiple Pro DJ Link enabled Pioneer CDJ players for the convenience of sharing a single music-filled SD card1 or USB storage. In addition, up to two laptop computers pre-installed with Pioneer’s rekordbox™ music management software can be interfaced with the DJM-2000nexus for times when two DJs want to transition between performances.
Two additional functions, Beat Slice and Sync Master, were added to the mixer to take advantage of the Pro DJ Link connection:
- BEAT SLICE – When Beat Slice is activated, the BPM of music from a player is automatically synced, a short sample of the track (slice) is temporarily stored in the DJM-2000nexus, and its waveform appears on the built-in touch panel display. The waveform is separated and shown in eight parts (single, quarter, half, and eighth beats) on the display. A touch of each part creates entirely new sound effects that play along with the beat of the sampled music.
- SYNC MASTER – The beats (tempo and beat position) of tracks playing on multiple players connected to the mixer via Pro DJ Link are automatically synchronized with the master clock of the DJM-2000nexus. The playback tempo and beats can also be adjusted using the built-in touch panel display, and numerous tracks can be arranged with ease without having to synchronize the beats of each player.
High Quality Audio Output
The DJM-2000nexus delivers excellent sound quality, utilizing an audio circuit clock that features a highly stable crystal oscillator, as well as noise reduction circuitry in its audio power source. The mixer also features a balanced hybrid op-amp and balanced output circuit in the analog processing stage to decrease induced noise significantly, resulting in a dynamic range of 107dB with 0.004% THD.
High Performance and Great Features
A newly integrated peak limiter keeps audio playing at all times, even at maximum output level, limiting distortion during playback and preventing damage to the mixer. To increase durability and ensure smooth operation, the DJM-2000nexus features high-performance channel faders that can withstand heavy use.
- Layout – The mixer now utilizes chrome-plated knobs for adjusting effect frequencies as well as white LED illumination for the beat button to match the look of the CDJ-2000nexus perfectly. The top center section of the mixer features EFX capabilities to provide a bounty of digital effects, while each side section of the panel offers audio mixing controls for up to four digital or USB sources. The middle section contains INST FX (Instant Instrument FX) functions for additional sound effects.
5.8-inch Multi-Touch Display – The DJM-2000nexus incorporates a
full-color 5.8-inch LCD multi-touch panel for remixing beats and
adding audio effects with a simple touch of the screen. Users can also
simultaneously manipulate the displayed controls on the panel by
touching different areas of the screen at the same time. Four
different performance modes are available:
- Beat Slice – Enables a section of a track to be stored for additional audio effects
- Frequency mix – Enables more precise mixing within seven frequency ranges. For example, users can enhance just the bass region within the music they’re mixing.
- Sidechain remix – DJs can create seven different dynamic audio effects by touching the screen.
- MIDI mode – Allows the user to assign various controls displayed on the LCD screen to external DJ software via MIDI. Four types of MIDI modes are available for more performance flexibility.
- Evolved Beat Effects – Numerous buttons for the evolved Beat Effects were added for selecting multiple effects and beat parameters. Manipulation of the sound effects can be made using the Effect Frequency knobs that change the low, mid and high frequency bands of the music. With the turn of a knob, users can enhance the effects of each frequency band, i.e., an echo added specifically to the vocals of the music or a doubling of the hi-hat rhythm, providing incredible performance options.
- Instant Instrument FX – The INST FX provides six additional audio effects that include Noise, HPF, LPF, Jet, Zip and Crush. Each effect can be brought into the channel with a turn of the Filter knob. Additionally, the Parameter knob allows the effects to be fine tuned.
- Live Sampler – A cool feature of the mixer is Live Sampler, which allows the sound from a microphone or from the MASTER output to be recorded directly into the mixer. The “sampled” sound can instantly be transferred via LAN cable to a CDJ-2000nexus or CDJ-900 for scratching or sampling.
- Link Monitor – When linked with a CDJ-2000nexus player, the mixer informs the DJ of its connected status. The JOG rings of the turntable change color based on the current on-air status and channel number connection, providing quick visual indications to the DJ.
- USB interface – The DJM-2000nexus features a USB audio interface2 that allows a direct computer connection without the need for an external sound card. Up to four audio sources can be assigned to each channel, providing even more flexibility. For additional convenience, the MASTER output can be connected directly to a computer for recording3 of performances.
Additional features of the DJM-2000nexus include:
- Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator – Equipped with a switching 3-band EQ (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator (+6dB to -∞dB) on each channel
- Digital In – Digital audio inputs for each channel with no deterioration in sound quality
- Fader Start Play – Connection with Pioneer CDJ player(s) with PRO DJ LINK or control cable allows the mixer to start the turntable by switching faders
- Talk Over – Lowers the volume of the music when a connected microphone is used
- Peak Level Meter – Displays input levels at a glance
- Cross Fader Assign Function – Allows the flexible assignment of the input on each channel to the cross fader
- Fader Curve Adjust Function – Allows changes to cross fader and channel fader curves
- Auto Standby Function – Switches power to standby mode when no operation or input is detected for a certain period of time.
The DJM-2000nexus will be available in November with a suggested retail price of $2999.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
1 SD cards are only compatible with the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-2000nexus.
2 Compatible with Windows or Mac OS. When using Windows, three sources or more can be assigned only when using ASIO compliant software.
3 CD-ROM included. The USB audio interface function can be used after software is installed on the computer.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation
REKORDBOX is a trademark of Pioneer Corporation
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 28, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,365
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 28, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 910
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Apr. 28, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,223
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 28, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,366
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 28, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 9,268
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Apr. 28, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,683
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 28, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,375
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,436
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,456
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,310
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,488
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Apr. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,253
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 27, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,078
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Apr. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 7,315
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,292
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Apr. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,134
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 27, 2017 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,517
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 27, 2017 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,155
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,324
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 27, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,250