|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., Professional Sound and Visual Division, is making the top DJ mixer in its line even better with the announcement of the new DJM-2000nexus performance mixer. The perfect complement to the recently released CDJ-2000nexus multi player, the DJM-2000nexus offers more music mixing functions, including the new Beat Slice and Sync Master, available in conjunction with Pioneer’s Pro DJ Link. In addition to the newest features, the mixer incorporates a built-in full-color 5.8-inch LCD multi-touch panel with screen effects, evolved Beat Effects, Pro DJ Link and MIDI control capability.
Pioneer DJM-2000nexus Performance Mixer (Photo: Business Wire)
“The first generation DJM-2000 has become today’s premium professional mixer, found in the best and hottest venues around the world, and now we’re making the next edition of the mixer better than ever to enable DJs to perform at the highest level,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
New Functions of Pro DJ Link
With Pro DJ Link, the DJM-2000nexus can be easily linked together (via LAN cables) with multiple Pro DJ Link enabled Pioneer CDJ players for the convenience of sharing a single music-filled SD card1 or USB storage. In addition, up to two laptop computers pre-installed with Pioneer’s rekordbox™ music management software can be interfaced with the DJM-2000nexus for times when two DJs want to transition between performances.
Two additional functions, Beat Slice and Sync Master, were added to the mixer to take advantage of the Pro DJ Link connection:
- BEAT SLICE – When Beat Slice is activated, the BPM of music from a player is automatically synced, a short sample of the track (slice) is temporarily stored in the DJM-2000nexus, and its waveform appears on the built-in touch panel display. The waveform is separated and shown in eight parts (single, quarter, half, and eighth beats) on the display. A touch of each part creates entirely new sound effects that play along with the beat of the sampled music.
- SYNC MASTER – The beats (tempo and beat position) of tracks playing on multiple players connected to the mixer via Pro DJ Link are automatically synchronized with the master clock of the DJM-2000nexus. The playback tempo and beats can also be adjusted using the built-in touch panel display, and numerous tracks can be arranged with ease without having to synchronize the beats of each player.
High Quality Audio Output
The DJM-2000nexus delivers excellent sound quality, utilizing an audio circuit clock that features a highly stable crystal oscillator, as well as noise reduction circuitry in its audio power source. The mixer also features a balanced hybrid op-amp and balanced output circuit in the analog processing stage to decrease induced noise significantly, resulting in a dynamic range of 107dB with 0.004% THD.
High Performance and Great Features
A newly integrated peak limiter keeps audio playing at all times, even at maximum output level, limiting distortion during playback and preventing damage to the mixer. To increase durability and ensure smooth operation, the DJM-2000nexus features high-performance channel faders that can withstand heavy use.
- Layout – The mixer now utilizes chrome-plated knobs for adjusting effect frequencies as well as white LED illumination for the beat button to match the look of the CDJ-2000nexus perfectly. The top center section of the mixer features EFX capabilities to provide a bounty of digital effects, while each side section of the panel offers audio mixing controls for up to four digital or USB sources. The middle section contains INST FX (Instant Instrument FX) functions for additional sound effects.
5.8-inch Multi-Touch Display – The DJM-2000nexus incorporates a
full-color 5.8-inch LCD multi-touch panel for remixing beats and
adding audio effects with a simple touch of the screen. Users can also
simultaneously manipulate the displayed controls on the panel by
touching different areas of the screen at the same time. Four
different performance modes are available:
- Beat Slice – Enables a section of a track to be stored for additional audio effects
- Frequency mix – Enables more precise mixing within seven frequency ranges. For example, users can enhance just the bass region within the music they’re mixing.
- Sidechain remix – DJs can create seven different dynamic audio effects by touching the screen.
- MIDI mode – Allows the user to assign various controls displayed on the LCD screen to external DJ software via MIDI. Four types of MIDI modes are available for more performance flexibility.
- Evolved Beat Effects – Numerous buttons for the evolved Beat Effects were added for selecting multiple effects and beat parameters. Manipulation of the sound effects can be made using the Effect Frequency knobs that change the low, mid and high frequency bands of the music. With the turn of a knob, users can enhance the effects of each frequency band, i.e., an echo added specifically to the vocals of the music or a doubling of the hi-hat rhythm, providing incredible performance options.
- Instant Instrument FX – The INST FX provides six additional audio effects that include Noise, HPF, LPF, Jet, Zip and Crush. Each effect can be brought into the channel with a turn of the Filter knob. Additionally, the Parameter knob allows the effects to be fine tuned.
- Live Sampler – A cool feature of the mixer is Live Sampler, which allows the sound from a microphone or from the MASTER output to be recorded directly into the mixer. The “sampled” sound can instantly be transferred via LAN cable to a CDJ-2000nexus or CDJ-900 for scratching or sampling.
- Link Monitor – When linked with a CDJ-2000nexus player, the mixer informs the DJ of its connected status. The JOG rings of the turntable change color based on the current on-air status and channel number connection, providing quick visual indications to the DJ.
- USB interface – The DJM-2000nexus features a USB audio interface2 that allows a direct computer connection without the need for an external sound card. Up to four audio sources can be assigned to each channel, providing even more flexibility. For additional convenience, the MASTER output can be connected directly to a computer for recording3 of performances.
Additional features of the DJM-2000nexus include:
- Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator – Equipped with a switching 3-band EQ (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator (+6dB to -∞dB) on each channel
- Digital In – Digital audio inputs for each channel with no deterioration in sound quality
- Fader Start Play – Connection with Pioneer CDJ player(s) with PRO DJ LINK or control cable allows the mixer to start the turntable by switching faders
- Talk Over – Lowers the volume of the music when a connected microphone is used
- Peak Level Meter – Displays input levels at a glance
- Cross Fader Assign Function – Allows the flexible assignment of the input on each channel to the cross fader
- Fader Curve Adjust Function – Allows changes to cross fader and channel fader curves
- Auto Standby Function – Switches power to standby mode when no operation or input is detected for a certain period of time.
The DJM-2000nexus will be available in November with a suggested retail price of $2999.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
1 SD cards are only compatible with the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-2000nexus.
2 Compatible with Windows or Mac OS. When using Windows, three sources or more can be assigned only when using ASIO compliant software.
3 CD-ROM included. The USB audio interface function can be used after software is installed on the computer.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation
REKORDBOX is a trademark of Pioneer Corporation
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial Cloud.
Jan. 26, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,485
SYS-CON Media announced that Splunk, a provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, has launched an ad campaign on Big Data Journal. Splunk software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. The ads focus on delivering ROI - how improved uptime delivered $6M in annual ROI, improving customer operations by mining large volumes of unstructured data, and how data tracking delivers uptime when it matters most.
Jan. 26, 2015 12:45 AM EST Reads: 3,427
SYS-CON Events announced today that ActiveState, the leading independent Cloud Foundry and Docker-based PaaS provider, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. ActiveState believes that enterprises gain a competitive advantage when they are able to quickly create, deploy and efficiently manage software solutions that immediately create business value, but they face many challenges that prevent them from doing so. The Company is uniquely positioned to help address these challenges thro...
Jan. 25, 2015 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,758
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
Jan. 25, 2015 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,302
SYS-CON Media announced that Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow, has launched a new ad campaign in Cloud Computing Journal. The ad campaign, a webcast titled 'Is Your Data Center Ready for the Application Economy?', focuses on the latest data center networking technologies, including SDN or ACI, and how customers are using SDN and ACI in their organizations to achieve business agility. The Cisco webcast is available on-demand.
Jan. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,215
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
Jan. 25, 2015 06:15 PM EST Reads: 3,788
Dale Kim is the Director of Industry Solutions at MapR. His background includes a variety of technical and management roles at information technology companies. While his experience includes work with relational databases, much of his career pertains to non-relational data in the areas of search, content management, and NoSQL, and includes senior roles in technical marketing, sales engineering, and support engineering. Dale holds an MBA from Santa Clara University, and a BA in Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley.
Jan. 25, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,987
The Internet of Things (IoT) is rapidly in the process of breaking from its heretofore relatively obscure enterprise applications (such as plant floor control and supply chain management) and going mainstream into the consumer space. More and more creative folks are interconnecting everyday products such as household items, mobile devices, appliances and cars, and unleashing new and imaginative scenarios. We are seeing a lot of excitement around applications in home automation, personal fitness, and in-car entertainment and this excitement will bleed into other areas. On the commercial side, m...
Jan. 25, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,713
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / President / Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., showed what is needed to leverage the IoT to transform your business. He discussed opportunities and challenges ahead for the IoT from a market and technical point of vie...
Jan. 25, 2015 04:30 PM EST Reads: 3,020
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, addressed the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO of Virtustream; Brendan O'Brien, co-founder of Aria Systems, Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software; Jim Cowie, chief scientist at Dyn; Dave Wagstaff, VP and chief architect at BSQUARE Corporation; Seth Proctor, CTO of NuoDB, Inc.; and Andris Gailitis, C...
Jan. 25, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 2,423
SYS-CON Events announced today that CodeFutures, a leading supplier of database performance tools, has been named a “Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. CodeFutures is an independent software vendor focused on providing tools that deliver database performance tools that increase productivity during database development and increase database performance and scalability during production.
Jan. 25, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,543
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Jan. 25, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,432
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,239
Performance is the intersection of power, agility, control, and choice. If you value performance, and more specifically consistent performance, you need to look beyond simple virtualized compute. Many factors need to be considered to create a truly performant environment. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, discussed how to take advantage of a multitude of compute options and platform features to make cloud the cornerstone of your online presence.
Jan. 25, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,853
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Jan. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,765
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) are increasing at an unprecedented rate. The threat landscape of today is drastically different than just a few years ago. Attacks are much more organized and sophisticated. They are harder to detect and even harder to anticipate. In the foreseeable future it's going to get a whole lot harder. Everything you know today will change. Keeping up with this changing landscape is already a daunting task. Your organization needs to use the latest tools, methods and expertise to guard against those threats. But will that be enough? In the foreseeable future attacks w...
Jan. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,856
As enterprises move to all-IP networks and cloud-based applications, communications service providers (CSPs) – facing increased competition from over-the-top providers delivering content via the Internet and independently of CSPs – must be able to offer seamless cloud-based communication and collaboration solutions that can scale for small, midsize, and large enterprises, as well as public sector organizations, in order to keep and grow market share. The latest version of Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite gives CSPs the capability to do just that. In addition, its integration ...
Jan. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,801
“The age of the Internet of Things is upon us,” stated Thomas Svensson, senior vice-president and general manager EMEA, ThingWorx, “and working with forward-thinking companies, such as Elisa, enables us to deploy our leading technology so that customers can profit from complete, end-to-end solutions.” ThingWorx, a PTC® (Nasdaq: PTC) business and Internet of Things (IoT) platform provider, announced on Monday that Elisa, Finnish provider of mobile and fixed broadband subscriptions, will deploy ThingWorx® platform technology to enable a new Elisa IoT service in Finland and Estonia.
Jan. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,461
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, deploy, and manage applications integrating voice, video and data. He is the co-founder of TeleStax, a...
Jan. 25, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 2,930
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Jan. 25, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,259