|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., Professional Sound and Visual Division, is making the top DJ mixer in its line even better with the announcement of the new DJM-2000nexus performance mixer. The perfect complement to the recently released CDJ-2000nexus multi player, the DJM-2000nexus offers more music mixing functions, including the new Beat Slice and Sync Master, available in conjunction with Pioneer’s Pro DJ Link. In addition to the newest features, the mixer incorporates a built-in full-color 5.8-inch LCD multi-touch panel with screen effects, evolved Beat Effects, Pro DJ Link and MIDI control capability.
Pioneer DJM-2000nexus Performance Mixer (Photo: Business Wire)
“The first generation DJM-2000 has become today’s premium professional mixer, found in the best and hottest venues around the world, and now we’re making the next edition of the mixer better than ever to enable DJs to perform at the highest level,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
New Functions of Pro DJ Link
With Pro DJ Link, the DJM-2000nexus can be easily linked together (via LAN cables) with multiple Pro DJ Link enabled Pioneer CDJ players for the convenience of sharing a single music-filled SD card1 or USB storage. In addition, up to two laptop computers pre-installed with Pioneer’s rekordbox™ music management software can be interfaced with the DJM-2000nexus for times when two DJs want to transition between performances.
Two additional functions, Beat Slice and Sync Master, were added to the mixer to take advantage of the Pro DJ Link connection:
- BEAT SLICE – When Beat Slice is activated, the BPM of music from a player is automatically synced, a short sample of the track (slice) is temporarily stored in the DJM-2000nexus, and its waveform appears on the built-in touch panel display. The waveform is separated and shown in eight parts (single, quarter, half, and eighth beats) on the display. A touch of each part creates entirely new sound effects that play along with the beat of the sampled music.
- SYNC MASTER – The beats (tempo and beat position) of tracks playing on multiple players connected to the mixer via Pro DJ Link are automatically synchronized with the master clock of the DJM-2000nexus. The playback tempo and beats can also be adjusted using the built-in touch panel display, and numerous tracks can be arranged with ease without having to synchronize the beats of each player.
High Quality Audio Output
The DJM-2000nexus delivers excellent sound quality, utilizing an audio circuit clock that features a highly stable crystal oscillator, as well as noise reduction circuitry in its audio power source. The mixer also features a balanced hybrid op-amp and balanced output circuit in the analog processing stage to decrease induced noise significantly, resulting in a dynamic range of 107dB with 0.004% THD.
High Performance and Great Features
A newly integrated peak limiter keeps audio playing at all times, even at maximum output level, limiting distortion during playback and preventing damage to the mixer. To increase durability and ensure smooth operation, the DJM-2000nexus features high-performance channel faders that can withstand heavy use.
- Layout – The mixer now utilizes chrome-plated knobs for adjusting effect frequencies as well as white LED illumination for the beat button to match the look of the CDJ-2000nexus perfectly. The top center section of the mixer features EFX capabilities to provide a bounty of digital effects, while each side section of the panel offers audio mixing controls for up to four digital or USB sources. The middle section contains INST FX (Instant Instrument FX) functions for additional sound effects.
5.8-inch Multi-Touch Display – The DJM-2000nexus incorporates a
full-color 5.8-inch LCD multi-touch panel for remixing beats and
adding audio effects with a simple touch of the screen. Users can also
simultaneously manipulate the displayed controls on the panel by
touching different areas of the screen at the same time. Four
different performance modes are available:
- Beat Slice – Enables a section of a track to be stored for additional audio effects
- Frequency mix – Enables more precise mixing within seven frequency ranges. For example, users can enhance just the bass region within the music they’re mixing.
- Sidechain remix – DJs can create seven different dynamic audio effects by touching the screen.
- MIDI mode – Allows the user to assign various controls displayed on the LCD screen to external DJ software via MIDI. Four types of MIDI modes are available for more performance flexibility.
- Evolved Beat Effects – Numerous buttons for the evolved Beat Effects were added for selecting multiple effects and beat parameters. Manipulation of the sound effects can be made using the Effect Frequency knobs that change the low, mid and high frequency bands of the music. With the turn of a knob, users can enhance the effects of each frequency band, i.e., an echo added specifically to the vocals of the music or a doubling of the hi-hat rhythm, providing incredible performance options.
- Instant Instrument FX – The INST FX provides six additional audio effects that include Noise, HPF, LPF, Jet, Zip and Crush. Each effect can be brought into the channel with a turn of the Filter knob. Additionally, the Parameter knob allows the effects to be fine tuned.
- Live Sampler – A cool feature of the mixer is Live Sampler, which allows the sound from a microphone or from the MASTER output to be recorded directly into the mixer. The “sampled” sound can instantly be transferred via LAN cable to a CDJ-2000nexus or CDJ-900 for scratching or sampling.
- Link Monitor – When linked with a CDJ-2000nexus player, the mixer informs the DJ of its connected status. The JOG rings of the turntable change color based on the current on-air status and channel number connection, providing quick visual indications to the DJ.
- USB interface – The DJM-2000nexus features a USB audio interface2 that allows a direct computer connection without the need for an external sound card. Up to four audio sources can be assigned to each channel, providing even more flexibility. For additional convenience, the MASTER output can be connected directly to a computer for recording3 of performances.
Additional features of the DJM-2000nexus include:
- Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator – Equipped with a switching 3-band EQ (+6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator (+6dB to -∞dB) on each channel
- Digital In – Digital audio inputs for each channel with no deterioration in sound quality
- Fader Start Play – Connection with Pioneer CDJ player(s) with PRO DJ LINK or control cable allows the mixer to start the turntable by switching faders
- Talk Over – Lowers the volume of the music when a connected microphone is used
- Peak Level Meter – Displays input levels at a glance
- Cross Fader Assign Function – Allows the flexible assignment of the input on each channel to the cross fader
- Fader Curve Adjust Function – Allows changes to cross fader and channel fader curves
- Auto Standby Function – Switches power to standby mode when no operation or input is detected for a certain period of time.
The DJM-2000nexus will be available in November with a suggested retail price of $2999.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
1 SD cards are only compatible with the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-2000nexus.
2 Compatible with Windows or Mac OS. When using Windows, three sources or more can be assigned only when using ASIO compliant software.
3 CD-ROM included. The USB audio interface function can be used after software is installed on the computer.
PIONEER is a registered trademark of Pioneer Corporation
REKORDBOX is a trademark of Pioneer Corporation
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 618
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 25, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,485
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,202
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,543
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,888
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,594
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 580
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Aug. 25, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,114
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,749
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 478
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 25, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,438
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,918
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,811
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,642
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,925
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,996
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,704
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,278
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,236
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,878