|By RealWire News Distribution||
|November 13, 2012 08:57 PM EST||
Ascot, UK 13 November 2012 - ZBD, the leading provider of fully graphic epaper display systems for retailers and industrial and commercial users globally, today announced that it reached Number One in the 2012 Deloitte Technology Fast 50, a ranking of the 50 fastest-growing technology companies in the UK. Rankings are based on percentage revenue growth over five years. ZBD's grew 17910% per cent during this period.
ZBD's CEO, Shaun Gray credits the company's revenue growth to continued international expansion and its investment in R&D over the past five years. He said: "We are extremely proud to be ranked at Number One in these prestigious awards. It's testament to the hard work of everyone at the company as well as our determination to adhere to our strategic plan. We also thank our customers, partners and supply chain partners across the world as well as our long-standing investors for their support and contribution to our ongoing success."
David Halstead, Partner leading the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, said: "The Deloitte Technology Fast 50 gives great profile to technology companies and is internationally recognised as being one of the most important business awards in the sector.
"The awards are an opportunity for businesses to gain recognition for their successes and achievements. This year's ranking highlights the importance of being innovative and finding a niche product or service, to beat the recession."
Notes to editors
* Growth rates are all over the last five years.
The full list of this year's winners and winner breakdown by region and sector is available at www.fast50.co.uk
In this press release references to Deloitte are references to Deloitte LLP, which is among the country's leading professional services firms.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), a UK private company limited by guarantee, whose member firms are legally separate and independent entities. Please see www.deloitte.co.uk/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of DTTL and its member firms.
The information contained in this press release is correct at the time of going to press.
For more information, please visit www.deloitte.co.uk
Member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
UK Deloitte Technology Fast 50
The UK Deloitte Technology Fast 50 ranks the 50 fastest-growing technology companies in the UK, based on percentage growth in stated revenue over five years. The programme is sponsored by Taylor Wessing, a leading International law firm with a focus on the industries of tomorrow, and Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, a venture and growth capital investor which backs technology entrepreneurs with aspirations for greatness across Europe. Frequently asked questions and details of the winning companies, including breakdowns by industry sector and region, will be available on www.fast50.co.uk
UK Technology Fast 50 eligibility criteria
The company must have been in business for a minimum of five years;
The company must be considered a technology company, which is defined as:
- developing or owning proprietary technology that contributes to a significant portion of the company's operating revenues;
- producing technology
- manufacturing technology-related products
- be technology intensive, or use unique technology to solve problems
- devoting a high percentage of effort to technology R&D;
NB: using another company's technology or intellectual property in a unique way does not qualify
The parent company must be UK-owned and have its headquarters in the UK (subsidiaries of UK or multinational organisations do not qualify);
Operating revenues must be at least £36,000 (50,000 Euros) for the first financial year of the five year period and £680,000 (800,000 Euros) for the most recent financial year;
NB: the accounts for year five should have an accounting period ending between 1 June 2011 and 31 May 2012.
All submissions must be accompanied by signed accounts for the first and last financial year being measured in the competition. Unless a statutory exemption is being taken, these accounts should be unabbreviated and audited
Technology Fast 50 selection and qualifications
The Technology Fast 50 list is compiled from Deloitte's nominations submitted directly to the Technology Fast 50, and public company database research. To qualify for the Technology Fast 50, entrants must have had 2007/08 operating revenues of at least £36,000. Deloitte researchers examined financial statements to validate operating revenues.
Entrants must also be public or private companies headquartered in a participating region of the UK and must be a "technology company," defined as a company that owns proprietary technology that contributes to a significant portion of the company's operating revenues; or devotes a significant proportion of revenues to the research and development of technology. Using other companies' technology in a unique way does not qualify.
About the sponsors
About Fidelity Growth Partners Europe
Fidelity Growth Partners Europe (FGPE) (www.fidelitygrowthpartners.eu) is the European arm of global venture and growth capital investor Fidelity Growth Partners which backs technology entrepreneurs with aspiration for greatness and has over $1 billion of assets under management across Europe, China, India and Japan. By combining a collaborative approach with a global network and a 40-year history of venture investing, FGPE helps companies accelerate their growth and become true leaders in their field. A strong track record in Europe includes investments in market leaders such as Seatwave, InnoGames, Notonthehighstreet, GoodData, Wahanda and Stylistpick.
About Taylor Wessing
Taylor Wessing is a leading International law firm with a single-minded approach: to help its clients succeed by thinking innovatively about their business issues.
Taylor Wessing numbers around 900 lawyers working across 22 offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, offering an integrated service across the full range of practice areas, with core strengths in corporate, finance, real estate, IP and private wealth. The firm also has particular expertise in advising clients in North America, Brazil and India.
Formed in 2000 out of QinetiQ, ZBD is a pioneering company with its own R&D, full IPR and scalable manufacturing processes that enable it to deliver an epaper solution with practical commercial advantages for retailers.
ZBD is a leader in the design and supply of electronic shelf edge labels and associated software solutions for the retail industry. The company has developed the next generation of LCD, creating high-contrast bistability that requires no battery power to retain its image. Its range of epaper displays provides retailers with a total store solution and the ability to manage and update pricing, product and promotional information at point of purchase, dynamically.
Media contact at ZBD:
Tel: +44 (0)1344 292 110 or +44 (0) 7753 573 490 (mobile) | [email protected]
Georgia Hanias / Judith Massey
Tel: + 44 (0) 207 6389571 | [email protected]
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar