|By Business Wire||
|November 13, 2012 08:04 AM EST||
With the inevitable flurry of activity the holiday season brings, it’s hard to get everything checked off your to-do list. This year, LivingSocial is decked out to be the one-stop for all of your holiday needs. Whether shopping for presents to put under the tree, searching for smart deals, or looking to give to those in need, LivingSocial is the place to go for it all.
“Holidays are meant to be shared with friends and family, not in long lines at a shopping mall,” said Jake Maas, SVP of Consumer Businesses at LivingSocial. “Not only does our at-your-fingertips approach make it easy to discover great gifts and save money, but LivingSocial is also offering members the opportunity to give to others through our partnership with the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation.”
Beginning today, LivingSocial members in the U.S. can give $5 to Toys for Tots, a 65-year old nonprofit dedicated to spreading holiday cheer for kids in need. For every donation, Toys"R"Us, LivingSocial, and other corporate partners will match that gift with up to $1 million of toys.
“Partnering with LivingSocial is an easy, convenient way for consumers to support less fortunate children right in their own community,” said retired Marine Corps Lt. Gen. Pete Osman, President and CEO of Marine Toys for Tots Foundation. “With $5 and a click of the mouse, anyone can help make a child’s holiday season special.”
Aside from online contributions, members can also donate offline. Approximately 100 LivingSocial merchants are participating in a toy drive, collecting new, unwrapped presents to benefit the Toys for Tots program. Select businesses across Atlanta, D.C., Miami, Minneapolis, and Seattle have joined the effort.
This is the second year in a row LivingSocial and Toys for Tots have collaborated to help brighten the season for disadvantaged children. Since the foundation’s establishment in 1947, Toys for Tots has delivered more than 452 million toys to more than 209 million kids across the country. According to the U.S. Census, almost 22% of children under the age of 18 are still living in poverty, making donations as meaningful as ever.
The Toys for Tots-LivingSocial offer is available now at LivingSocial.com.
This year LivingSocial is launching its first ever Holiday Gift Guide, which will showcase a variety of fantastic presents for everyone on your list. Starting November 18, members can shop through five unique gift collections based on recipient personas. Navigate through the personas to find a great gift for that special someone who loves:
- Exploring – gifts to include sailing lessons, snow tubing, live music events, and hot air balloon rides (offers vary by market).
- Indulgence – spa packages, exclusive gift boxes, manicure/pedicures, massages, and more.
- Family Fun – children’s museum admissions, popular toys, bounce passes, sporting experiences, and more.
- Eats and Treats – gourmet markets, wine and brewery tours, kitchen gadgets, brunch and bistro offers, and more.
- Fitness – golf rounds, personal training sessions, yoga and spinning classes, bike maintenance, and more.
Do your wallet (and stress level) a favor by shopping at LivingSocial November 18 – December 2. Our shop now, save later promotion lets you give yourself a gift simply by shopping for others!
Members who spend $25 during the shop and save window will earn $10 in Deal Bucks. These funds will be added to accounts automatically. Then, come back to LivingSocial December 22 – January 5 to use those well-earned Deal Bucks on a great product or experience that’s still on your wish list!*
LivingSocial offers are delivered to members through the LivingSocial website, a daily email blast and through apps for iPhone and Android devices.
For a full list of LivingSocial products and the cities where products are available, go to livingsocial.com. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/livingsocial. Join us on Facebook at facebook.com/livingsocial.
LivingSocial products and services are subject to the Terms and Conditions found at livingsocial.com/terms.
*Additional terms may apply.
LivingSocial is the local marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city. With unique and diverse offerings each day, we inspire members to discover everything from weekend excursions to one-of-a kind events and experiences to exclusive gourmet dinners to family aquarium outings and more. We help local businesses grow by introducing them to high-quality new customers and give merchants the tools to make our members their regulars. Based in Washington, D.C., LivingSocial now has more than 70 million members around the world.
About Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation is a not for profit organization authorized by the U.S. Marine Corps to provide fundraising and other necessary support for the annual Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. Now in its 65th year, Toys for Tots provides joy and a message of hope to less fortunate children through the gift of a new toy or book during the Christmas holiday season. Our gifts offer these children hope, recognition, and a positive memory they will cherish for a lifetime. Many of the books, games, and sports equipment that we provide as gifts make a significant contribution to the educational, social and physical development of these children. In 2011, Marines distributed toys to more than 7.2 million children who might not have otherwise experienced the magic of the Christmas holiday season.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar