|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
Red Bull has the best social video strategy, according to a new global report by leading branded video distribution network, goviral.
The first goviral Social Video Equity Report lists the top 100 most powerful brands in branded content in 2012. Energy drink Red Bull beat technology giants Google (2nd) and Samsung (5th), with Apple and Microsoft both failing to make the top ten, coming in at numbers 11 and 37 respectively.
goviral’s Social Video Equity Report explores how video content is being used by global brands as part of their marketing strategy. Brands were audited based on volume, total views and engagement for content uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook in 2012. goviral then used its expertise in branded content to evaluate the quality, purpose, innovation and audience relevance before calculating its final social video equity score.
Key findings from goviral’s Social Video Equity Report:
- Luxury fashion brands strike gold with Prada (7th), Burberry (16th) and Louis Vuitton (18th) all featuring in the top twenty as a result of high engagement scores
- In the battle of the car brands, BMW came out top in 12th, ahead of VW (13th), Mercedes Benz (15th), Toyota (20th) and Porsche (22nd)
- Alcohol brands failed to make an impact, with Smirnoff (90th), Corona (93rd) and Jack Daniels (99th) all lying at the bottom end of the scale
- Visa proves the exception to the norm in the financial sector. At 24th, it benefitted hugely from an aggressive video content programme for its Olympic sponsorship
- Only 15% of brands have official channels on Vimeo, with the majority relying solely on YouTube to host content
The brands evaluated were drawn from Interbrand’s 2012 Best Global Brands Report with the additions of Red Bull and Old Spice (6th), which goviral found to use video in a highly impactful and engaging way.
The goviral Social Video Equity Report 2012 – Top Ten
1. Red Bull
6. Old Spice
8. Coca Cola
“The results of goviral’s Social Video Equity Report prove that when it comes to branded content, fortune favours the brave”, said Mads Holmen, Planning Director, goviral. “Brands like Red Bull, Old Spice and Nike are risk-takers, constantly disrupting what’s expected to spark agenda-setting conversation. An effective social video strategy can elevate a brand beyond the product, creating an experience consumers really want to part of.”
To view the full list, visit goviral.com
Notes to Editors:
goviral’s Social Video Equity report was undertaken in September 2012, analysing content from the Interbrand 2012 brands, with the additions of Red Bull and Old Spice. Factors evaluated were:
- Volume of content produced and distributed (number of videos and total length in minutes) across the main global and official channels on YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and Facebook
- Total views for all videos across the main global and official channels on YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and Facebook
- Engagement, comprised of total Likes and Comments for all videos included in the audit
- Subscribers to main global and official YouTube channels
- Goviral ranking taking into account quality, use of video on brand website, creativity and innovation and audience relevance
goviral is the world’s leading distributor of engaging branded video content at scale, guaranteeing audiences and video views on a pay-for-clickbasis. The company has global reach with over 40,000 publishing partners across 16 key verticals in over 90 countries. goviral has offices in London, New York, Paris, Milan, Copenhagen, Munich, Stockholm, Oslo and Madrid. AOL acquired goviral in January 2011.
About AOL Inc.
AOL Inc. (NYSE:AOL) is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
Translated infographic available at www.goviral.com/sve100
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available:http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50463261&lang=en
May. 31, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,016
May. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,082
May. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,334
May. 31, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,246
May. 31, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,509
May. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
May. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,911
May. 31, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,666
May. 31, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,917
May. 31, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,508
May. 31, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,155
May. 31, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,811
May. 31, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,431
May. 31, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,520
May. 31, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,641
May. 31, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,145
May. 31, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,951
May. 31, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,462
May. 31, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,435
May. 31, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,376