|By Marketwired .||
|November 9, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/12 -- Technology advances have made high-performance computing (HPC) more affordable, extending the benefits beyond traditional scientific and military applications to a broader set of commercial and university applications. As the need to work with growing datasets becomes common, organizations are discovering that the resources required to address big data challenges exceed the capabilities of existing infrastructure, as well as the expertise and process knowledge of supporting staff. And, while the volume of data generated by emerging commercial industries such as manufacturing, life sciences, and higher education can provide key business insights, these organizations are limited by the complexity of existing HPC systems in the market.
Today, NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) is helping customers with these deployment and management challenges with the announcement of the NetApp® High-Performance Storage (HPS) Rack. The prepackaged and preconfigured storage solution delivers high performance that scales to help manage ever-increasing data growth. The HPS Rack includes preconfigured servers, management and monitoring software, and the open-source Lustre parallel file system, enabling organizations to shorten deployment time from months to days, lower risk, reduce total cost of ownership, and speed time to results.
"Storage system deployment and management needs to be simplified for more industries to reap the benefits of high-performance computing," said Brendon Howe, vice president, Product and Solutions Marketing, NetApp. "The NetApp HPS Rack integrates critical building blocks and removes many of the deployment challenges associated with HPC management, ultimately helping customers deploy low-risk solutions that unlock innovation quickly and gain critical competitive advantage in their markets."
The NetApp HPS Rack is built on the NetApp E-Series platform. NetApp E-Series solutions efficiently process, analyze, manage, and access data at scale to meet customers' needs in industries requiring applications with dedicated workloads, including oil and gas, financial services, media and entertainment, high-performance computing, and the public sector. Customers can spark innovation, make better decisions, and drive successful business outcomes at the speed of today's business.
Additionally, the NetApp HPS Rack can integrate Terascala LustreStack software to provide proven management and extensive analytics. With LustreStack, customers get a Lustre-based solution that deploys in minutes, is easy to manage, and is optimally tuned for applications and workflows. Administrators can get all the performance and scalability benefits of Lustre without the need for any in-house expertise, bringing rapid deployment, simplicity, and faster time to results to big data and HPC environments.
"For fast insight to action, the best software and hardware needs to be employed to achieve the highest levels of performance for our researchers," said Scott Kornblum, managing director, Thesys Technologies, the infrastructure affiliate of Tradeworx. "Once we started running our NetApp E5400 and E2600 with Terascala's LustreStack, it became dramatically easier for us to manage resources, helping us reduce costs. We can now monitor performance in real time and provide 5GB per second of throughput to our research group, giving them the tools they need to test and model new algorithms concurrently."
"By integrating with the NetApp HPS Rack, we make it fast and easy for commercial organizations to install, tune, and manage high-performance storage solutions," said Steve Butler, CEO, Terascala. "There is a complete set of tools for system monitoring, application tuning, and event logging and alerts, as well as data workflow management. With improved throughput and less time spent managing the system, customers can get to their results much faster."
The NetApp HPS Rack will be demonstrated at next week's SC12 Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah, from November 10-16. Come and visit NetApp at booth 4626.
- The NetApp HPS Rack is a preconfigured solution that allows customers to achieve faster time to results by reducing the time and resources needed to architect, design, and implement HPC storage configurations.
- Optimized for Lustre, NetApp and Terascala solutions enable administrators to easily deploy, manage, and maintain their environment to achieve results faster and at low risk.
- NetApp E-Series is optimized for performance, processing efficiency, and density needs.
- The solution enables real-time data collection for application-driven tuning.
- Learn more about the NetApp HPS Rack: www.netapp.com/us/solutions/a-z/high-performance-storage-rack.html
- Learn more about NetApp HPC solutions: www.netapp.com/lustre
- Learn more about NetApp big data solutions: www.netapp.com/us/company/leadership/big-data/
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NetApp
- Get the latest on NetApp culture: www.facebook.com/NetAppCulture
- Join NetApp on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NetApp
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/NetAppTV
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- Misconceptions Around App Testing in the Private Cloud
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar