|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 07:10 PM EST||
MIAMI, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Cruise Lines today unveiled additional details of the $155 million makeover that will transform Carnival Destiny into Carnival Sunshine during a 49-day dry dock in Italy. The ship will re-enter service in April 2013 with all of the dining, bar and entertainment elements of the line's groundbreaking Fun Ship 2.0 product enhancement program, along with several exciting new features.
Among the new highlights are a new racing-themed water park featuring Carnival's longest water slide, the tropical-themed Havana Bar, a full-service Asian restaurant, and more.
Carnival fans who want to get a sneak peek at these and a variety of other fantastic features of the ship can visit www.carnival.com/sunshine, which showcases a number of interior and exterior renderings and details the ship's inaugural European and Caribbean itineraries.
Carnival is also hosting the "Bring Home Some Sunshine and Win" contest on its Facebook page (www.facebook.com/carnival) that celebrates the company's most comprehensive ship transformation project by awarding one lucky fan with a free Carnival Sunshine cruise for submitting "before and after photos" of a space that was transformed incorporating "sunshine."
Here's a look at the unique features only available on Carnival Sunshine:
- Havana Bar, which by day serves as a casual gathering spot for relaxing with friends and enjoying Cuban coffee and Cuban finger foods such as pastelitos and croquetas, while at night transforms into a Cuban-inspired courtyard with a cool Latin vibe where guests can listen to live music, enjoy classic Cuban cocktails, and dance the night away Located aft within Lido Marketplace, Havana Bar's interiors pay homage to Cuba's gloried past with palm trees, elegant archways, and vibrant tile work, along with floor to ceiling windows offering panoramic ocean vistas.
- WaterWorks, an all-new water park where the young – and the young at heart – can zip down five different slides and have a splash-tastic time with 40 different interactive water features, including a 300-gallon drenching bucket that will serve as the signature element of the SplashZone kids' water play area. Here, guests can race to the finish on Carnival's newest ride, Speedway Splash, with dual side-by-side 235-foot-long slides with racers' times displayed on a scoreboard and special lighting effects that add to the adventure. When they're not challenging each other to a race, fun-lovers can check out the enclosed 334-foot-long Twister slide – Carnival's longest – featuring a crystal clear turn that extends out over the edge of the ship, offering dramatic views with each twist and turn.
- A stunning full-service Asian restaurant that will feature delicious favorites from the Far East, enhanced by a serene decor of prayer rolls, wood-beamed ceilings and other design elements. The new restaurant will feature an open kitchen where guests can view highly skilled chefs artfully preparing a tantalizing menu that will offer a variety of Asian specialties, including soups, appetizers, noodle and rice dishes, as well as seafood and meat delicacies (lunch is complimentary; $12 charge for dinner).
- Shake Spot, the ideal place to "chill" where guests can enjoy delicious hand-crafted milkshakes while taking a break from all the fun in the sun. In addition to a distinctive island-inspired decor, Shake Spot will offer classic milkshakes and floats, as well as tropical fruit shakes and "adult shakes and floats" made with Grand Marnier, Cointreau and other liqueurs, all available with a variety of fun toppings. There's even an all-inclusive "Shake Lover's Package" for those who simply can't get enough of these unique and nostalgic treats on vacation.
- Located adjacent to Shake Spot on Promenade Deck is JavaBlue Cafe, the place to connect, meet up and savor sweet and frothy cappuccinos, lattes, espressos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as coffees made with liqueurs, along with decadent confections such as extra-large cinnamon buns, giant cupcakes, and huge slices of red velvet cake meant to be shared within the venue's island-infused atmosphere featuring comfortable seating and breathtaking views of the sea.
- For those guests who crave delicious, hand-tossed, artisanal-style pizza anytime of the day or night, there's Pizzeria del Capitano, an expansion of the line's popular Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant. Here, guests can watch as chefs prepare five different kinds of authentic Italian-style, thin-crusted pies, from traditional Margherita and pepperoni to artisan-style quattro formaggio, mushroom, and prosciutto – all free of charge 24 hours a day and made in a traditional pizza oven which serves as the venue's centerpiece. Whether it's a casual lunch, a late-night snack or a delicious dinner alternative, Pizzeria del Capitano will definitely hit the spot.
Carnival Sunshine will also offer all of the exciting elements that make up the line's $500 million Fun Ship 2.0 enhancement program.
These include delicious dining options like Guy's Burger Joint, developed with Food Network personality Guy Fieri, and BlueIguana Cantina, a complimentary Mexican eatery offering authentic burritos and tacos, along with innovative bar concepts such as the Caribbean-themed RedFrog Pub; the poolside RedFrog Rum Bar and BlueIguana Tequila Bar; EA SPORTS Bar, a partnership with the leading sports video game company; and the Alchemy Bar, featuring a vintage cocktail "pharmacy" theme.
Top-deck amenities will include a spectacular three-level Serenity adults-only retreat – the largest in the Carnival fleet offering a pool, waterfall, a full bar, whirlpool, and, of course, magnificent sea views – as well as SportSquare featuring a ropes course, including an exciting new zip line feature, an array of deck and table games, a basketball court, jogging track, and a two-level miniature golf course.
A variety of captivating entertainment choices – from the family-friendly Hasbro, The Game Show, featuring larger-than-life adaptations of the company's iconic games to high-tech Playlist Productions, which combine live performances with spectacular staging and special effects – will be offered, as well.
Carnival is celebrating the transformation of the Carnival Destiny to Carnival Sunshine with the "Bring Home Some Sunshine and Win" contest which will run from November 8-22, 2012, with the grand prize winner announced on Dec. 17, 2012. Contestants' "before and after" photos must be submitted to www.facebook.com/carnival and Carnival will select five finalists based on the quality of their entries. Fans will then vote to select the grand prize winner. Additional information and complete contest rules are available at www.facebook.com/carnival.
Following its 49-day dry dock at Italy's Fincantieri shipyard, Carnival Sunshine will debut with a series of Mediterranean cruises beginning with a 14-day voyage from Venice to Barcelona April 12-26, 2013, followed by nine- and 12-day Mediterranean cruises either round-trip from Barcelona or sailing between Barcelona and Venice through October 20, 2013. Carnival Sunshine will then sail on a 16-day trans-Atlantic crossing from Barcelona to New Orleans Nov. 1-17, 2013, positioning the vessel for year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises from the Big Easy.
Reservations are currently being accepted for Carnival Sunshine's various European and Caribbean itineraries. For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.
Carnival can also be found on:
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/carnival
SOURCE Carnival Cruise Lines
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,324
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 4,117
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 5,656
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,839
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 16, 2017 11:27 AM EST Reads: 136
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 16, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 3,010
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 4,483
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,832
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 16, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,079
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,487
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,836
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 5,227
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 5,733
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,921
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,666
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,152
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,786
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 15, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 3,497
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 15, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 7,388
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 15, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 6,132