|By Business Wire||
|November 5, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
Thank you Battlefield fans! DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio, today announced fans can download a free* PC copy of Battlefield 1942™ exclusively on www.Origin.com/demos, in celebration of the ten year anniversary of the Battlefield series and Battlefield 3™ Premium surpassing 2 million members worldwide since its debut in June. A companion to the award-winning Battlefield 3 and the free Battlelog™ social network, Battlefield 3 Premium delivers new game changing content with five themed digital expansion packs that introduce a massive amount of gameplay including 20 new maps, new weapons and vehicles, four new game modes and more for a one-time fee of $49.99. With over 5.2 million active Battlefield 3 players a month, fans are actively looking for new original content to extend the life of the game and they’re finding it in Battlefield 3 Premium.
“When we launched Battlefield 1942 ten years ago, we had lofty ambitions to create a first-person shooter that would push the boundaries of innovation, creativity and design. We evolved the FPS gameplay formula by introducing the world to all-out warfare via land, air and sea,” said Karl Magnus Troedsson, Vice President and General Manager of DICE. “Since the beginning, the reception to the Battlefield series has been incredible thanks to our amazing fans. Every day, we strive to provide our community with great games and new ways to play as evident with Battlefield 3 Premium. We wanted to thank our fans who have supported us throughout the years by restoring Battlefield 1942 for a digital re-release and give everyone a chance to play the game that started it all.”
Since its launch in October 2011, Battlefield 3 fans have spent countless hours on the multiplayer battlefield achieving impressive in-game milestones:
- 95 billion total heals
- 4 billion total revives
- 3 billion vehicles destroyed
- 2 trillion bullets fired
“Today, we’re equally as proud with the success of Battlefield 3 Premium. This has been an ambitious way to give our fans fresh, high-quality content at a great value. This achievement is helping us define the new standard by which all other shooters deliver content and exclusive bonuses to their player communities,” added Troedsson.
Battlefield 3 has quickly become the fastest selling title in EA’s 20+ year history selling 17 million units since release and has been lauded by game critics worldwide for its compelling single player campaign, intense co-op missions and its world class multiplayer. Making its debut in June of this year, Battlefield 3 Premium delivers five massive, themed digital expansion packs including Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand, Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill, the upcoming Battlefield 3: Aftermath coming this December and Battlefield 3: End Game hitting March 2013. The next digital expansion, Battlefield 3: Aftermath, is set in the shattered districts, streets and cities of a post-earthquake Iran. With operational capacity severely compromised, players will fight through the dust and rubble in a vertical and horizontal urban combat setting. In Battlefield 3: Aftermath, players will have additional support in the form of heavily modified troop transport and civilian vehicles adapted to deliver deadly force. Also making its debut in Battlefield 3 Aftermath is the deadly crossbow, a new weapon to help players deliver silent kills on the battlefield.
Battlefield 3: Aftermath Release Schedule:
|PlayStation®3||Xbox 360® and PC|
|Battlefield 3 Premium members||November 27||December 4|
|Battlefield 3 players||December 11||December 18|
Battlefield 3 & Battlefield 3 Premium Edition are available in North America and in Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC via Origin.com. For the latest news on Battlefield please visit http://www.facebook.com/battlefield, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/battlefield or sign up for the official Battlefield newsletter at www.battlefield.com. Press assets for Battlefield 3 are available at http://info.ea.com.
*Conditions apply; please visit http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-1942 for complete details
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and social networks. EA has more than 220 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2012, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.1 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at http://info.ea.com.
The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Mass Effect is a trademark of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. Battlefield, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 1942 and Battlelog are trademarks of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. John Madden, NFL and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and used with permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- Misconceptions Around App Testing in the Private Cloud
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar