|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 09:40 AM EST||
SEATTLE and NEW YORK, Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As 87 percent of home cooks prepare for Thanksgiving gatherings, Allrecipes.com, the world's #1 digital food brand, and Better Homes and Gardens, the nation's leading women's magazine brand, join with Campbell's to help busy, family-focused women create a memorable celebration this Thanksgiving through a Pinterest sweepstakes titled "Best Thanksgiving Ever."
Thanksgiving is social by nature—spending time with friends and family and giving thanks are what Americans love most about the holiday, according to Allrecipes' 2012 Holiday Attitudes and Behaviors Survey and Measuring Cup Report*. The survey also found that nearly half of American women will turn to social media for inspiration this Thanksgiving. The "Best Thanksgiving Ever" sweepstakes provides a vehicle for Thanksgiving planners to share and inspire one another with Thanksgiving recipes, decorating tips and traditions that uniquely define their special day. It is also an opportunity for one lucky cook to win a $5,000 grand prize, and five other cooks to give thanks for their $1,000 winnings.
"According to our recent 2012 Better Homes and Gardens Food Factor survey**, home cooks are investing more resources and energy into creating exceptional special occasion meals which call for more time and ingredients," said Gayle Butler, Meredith National Media Group EVP and Better Homes and Gardens editor-in-chief. "Our readers, and home cooks everywhere, want to get the most out of these memorable holiday moments where family and friends gather to celebrate, and eat, together."
"Thanksgiving is the biggest food holiday of the year, and for Allrecipes, the most important thing is providing our community with seamless access to the resources they need to make the meal and celebration a success," said Lisa Sharples, president of Allrecipes. "Leveraging Pinterest for the 'Best Thanksgiving Ever' campaign allows us to visually showcase top-rated recipes and tips, and encourages our community to share their favorite things about Thanksgiving with others—which really is the whole premise behind the day—sharing a special day and meal with friends and family."
Adam Kmiec, director of global digital marketing and social media at Campbell Soup Company states, "Our vision at Campbell is clear: We want to be the most digitally fit CPG organization in the world. A major part of being fit is being able to match the tempo of our consumers and the overall marketplace. This program clearly demonstrates that 'digital fitness' is not just about words, it's about action. With Allrecipes and Better Homes and Gardens, we're bringing a program to our consumer that's based on insights and is clearly tied to how our consumers are looking for cooking inspiration."
How America Will Celebrate Thanksgiving
So how do Americans plan to celebrate this year? According to the Better Homes and Gardens Holiday and Entertaining Survey***, make-ahead recipes, especially do-ahead desserts, are most helpful when it comes to preparing for Thanksgiving. According to Allrecipes' holiday survey, the size of gatherings, food budgets and menus will be fairly consistent with last year. What is new, however, are the tools and resources women will rely on to plan and prepare for the biggest meal of the year.
- Past favorites (78 percent) and recipe websites (73 percent) will be the top holiday recipes resources.
- 45 percent of home cooks will visit social sites to share their favorite Thanksgiving recipes, traditions and decorating ideas through photos, videos and posts.
- 20 percent say "having a video demonstration available" is important/extremely important when selecting dishes for their holiday table.
- Cooks with mobile devices (tablets and smartphones) will use them throughout each phase of planning and preparation, including recipe selection (70 percent), making shopping lists (36 percent), watching how-to cooking videos (20 percent) and staying connected with family and friends (70 percent).
Allrecipes.com: Ultimate Resource for Thanksgiving
With thousands of top-rated Thanksgiving recipes—from classics such as Homestyle Turkey, the Michigander Way to more exotic side dishes such as Holiday Cranberry Chutney—Allrecipes will be the go-to resource for Thanksgiving meal planning, expecting 28 million visitors across desktop and mobile devices the week leading up to Thanksgiving day—a 35 percent increase over 2011.
Home cooks in need of last-minute Thanksgiving help can turn to Allrecipes.com's Recipe Buzz, where thousands of community members can be found answering questions for other home cooks 24 hours a day.
Additional resources include:
- Thanksgiving Recipes video collection including the most popular Thanksgiving recipes in video form so home cooks can see the directions step-by-step.
- Allrecipes Thanksgiving pages feature everything needed for a fantastic Thanksgiving meal— including top-rated recipes, how-to videos, ready-to-go menus, helpful articles and time-saving recipe scaling tools for large family feasts.
- Allrecipes Dinner Spinner app for Droid, iPhone, Kindle and Windows phones: The #1 recipe and shopping app, with 15 million downloads, is the perfect mobile resource for Thanksgiving planning and prep.
- Allrecipes.com Your Kitchen Inspiration app for the iPad. Be inspired by the top-rated Thanksgiving recipes at your fingertips.
- Allrecipes Video Cookbook, newly available for Windows 8, is optimized for watching while you cook! You can browse seasonally-relevant recipe ideas and videos, with revolutionary step-by-step video synced to written recipe directions. This allows viewers to pause or move ahead or back in the video just by touching the corresponding step in the written recipe directions.
- Check out the Thanksgiving in a Minute video for an overview of the resources Allrecipes offers for Thanksgiving.
Better Homes and Gardens: The Trusted Source for Holiday Content
Better Homes and Gardens has been a trusted source for holiday content for decades, and with 47 percent growth in Comscore as of September, increasingly women are turning to the brand for holiday content online as well. During the weeks and months leading up to Thanksgiving, women find thousands of ideas to make their Thanksgiving traditions special, including: videos and how-to's to create Thanksgiving centerpieces, crafts that use fall leaves and even tools to help her find holiday decorations that match her style.
*The Allrecipes 2012 Holiday Attitudes and Behaviors survey and Measuring Cup Report data are based on an online survey of 1,434 U.S.-based participants fielded on the site in September, 2012. For more information, contact Allrecipes.com.
**The 2012 Better Homes and Gardens Food Factor survey data is based on an online survey of 2,000 U.S.-based participants fielded via independent panel in June, 2012.
***Better Homes and Gardens Holiday and Entertaining Survey - an online survey of 14,000 respondents fielded to the 100 Days of Holidays email newsletter list of over 1.2 million holiday enthusiasts in January, 2012. For more information on both surveys, contact Better Homes and Gardens.
Allrecipes, the world's largest digital food brand, receives more than 1 billion visits annually from family-focused women who connect and inspire one another through photos, reviews, videos and blog posts. Since its launch in 1997, the Seattle-based social site has served as a dynamic, indispensable resource for cooks of all skill levels seeking trusted recipes, entertaining ideas, everyday and holiday meal solutions and practical cooking tips. Allrecipes is a global, multiplatform brand with 18 web and mobile sites, 11 mobile apps, and 14 eBooks serving 23 countries in 12 languages. Allrecipes is part of Meredith Corporation, the leading media and marketing company serving American women. For additional information regarding Meredith, please visit www.meredith.com. For additional information regarding Allrecipes, please visit http://press.allrecipes.com.
About Better Homes and Gardens
Reaching approximately 40 million readers every month through the magazine, the Better Homes and Gardens brand extends across the web, tablet, mobile, social, broadcast, broadband and numerous licensed products, serving and connecting women who are passionate about their home and the lives they create there. Better Homes and Gardens inspires women to dream and gives them the confidence to move from dreaming to doing. For more information, visit www.bhg.com.
About Campbell Soup Company
Campbell Soup Company is a global manufacturer and marketer of high-quality foods and simple meals, including soups and sauces, baked snacks and healthy beverages. Founded in 1869, the company has a portfolio of market-leading brands, including "Campbell's," "Pepperidge Farm," "Arnott's," "V8" and "Bolthouse Farms." Through its corporate social responsibility program, the company strives to make a positive impact in the workplace, in the marketplace and in the communities in which it operates. Campbell is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. For more information, visit www.campbellsoup.com.
Better Homes and Gardens
SOURCE Allrecipes.com; Better Homes and Gardens
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing