|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 01:30 AM EST||
-- African Wireless Communications Veteran Andy Minnaar to be Managing Director of New Office
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland and JOHANNESBURG, Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it has opened a new sales office located in Johannesburg, South Africa. This office will be the focal point of the company's marketing and sales activities throughout Africa.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. has hired Andy Minnaar to serve as managing director of the new office, where he will be responsible for the operation and sales of the company's complete line of commercial software solutions, including Location-Based Services (LBS). He has more than a decade of communication technology and managerial experience in the African wireless sector, including in his previous position with Glenayre (acquired by Movius), where he spearheaded the company's voice messaging business in Africa, and made Movius the preferred voice messaging partner to the largest network operator on the continent.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is a global leader in high-reliability location-based services. It provides complete, end-to-end wireless LBS solutions that include both branded and private-label applications, infrastructure, mapping and content for leading consumer brands, content providers and voice service providers worldwide. The company provided the world's first wireless location platform, and it is the industry's leading provider of LBS infrastructure. It also pioneered the development of several wireless applications, including text messaging, Internet content and hyper-local search, public safety services (E9-1-1, E1-1-2), and other enhanced communication services.
- Jay Whitehurst, senior vice president, Commercial Software Group, TeleCommunication Systems, Inc., said, "In recent years, we've intensified our focus on international expansion, particularly in Africa. By establishing a sales office in Johannesburg, we are able to demonstrate our strong commitment to this key market and provide an opportunity to showcase our location-based services and offer customers competitive platform solutions."
- Brian McNealy, senior vice president, global commercial sales, TeleCommunication Systems, Inc., said, "A logical next step for TeleCommunication Systems is to expand our activity into the African market, and we have asked Andy Minnaar to lead our efforts in that region. Andy has a strong background in the African mobile telecommunications industry and is a seasoned executive with a passion for innovation and finding the right solutions for customers. His experience will serve us well as we continue to expand our wireless solutions and platforms offerings into international markets."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. The company's infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. It is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use the company's wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize its cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, the company maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TeleCommunication Systems' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing