|By Business Wire||
|September 11, 2012 12:03 PM EDT||
Charles Schwab today announced mobile deposit capabilities for iPad users, enabling Schwab brokerage and Schwab Bank clients to deposit checks remotely by taking a picture of a check with their iPad camera. Charles Schwab launched its first native app for iPad nearly a year ago, and is one of the few financial services firms to provide its clients the convenience of mobile deposit capabilities and integrated banking and brokerage mobile services.
Charles Schwab mobile deposit for iPad. (Photo: Business Wire)
“The mobile deposit feature is clearly in demand among our clients. In the past year, we’ve seen the number of mobile deposits to Schwab Bank triple. We’re extending the convenience of mobile deposit to our clients who use an iPad to manage their finances,” said Diane Russell, senior vice president of platform and product management for Charles Schwab. To deposit a check via their iPad, clients simply select the Schwab Bank or Schwab brokerage account into which they wish to deposit funds, enter the deposit amount, take a photo of the front and endorsed back of the check and hit submit. For more information on iPad features, visit www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRyMJ1n-F74.
“At Schwab, our clients have access to their money anytime, anywhere, and at no additional charge,” Russell said. “With our comprehensive mobile offering, Schwab Mobile Deposit, reimbursed ATM fees for both Schwab Bank and brokerage accounts and no account minimums or maintenance fees, we’re providing clients value, convenience and flexibility.”
Another new feature announced today is extended-hours trading on Schwab mobile apps. Clients can now place orders for eligible stocks and ETFs during pre-market and after hours trading sessions using their mobile devices. “Extended-hours trading on mobile is one more feature that allows our clients to free themselves from the desktop and manage their money anytime and anywhere,” Russell added.
Starting today, Schwab clients will also be able to view their Schwab Global Account and OptionsXpress balances on mobile devices.
In addition to these new features, Charles Schwab clients can transfer balances between Schwab Bank and Schwab brokerage accounts, place trades in brokerage accounts and pay bills using Schwab Bank Bill Pay™ on their mobile devices. Clients can view balances and account activity for Schwab Bank and brokerage accounts, Schwab 529 College Savings Plans, and Schwab-administered 401(k) and stock option plans. Schwab mobile apps allow clients to tap into market information with real-time access to quotes, charts and watch lists, providing convenient access to information they need to make informed, real-time decisions about their finances.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
System availability and response times are subject to market conditions and mobile connection limitations. Trades received outside normal market hours will be entered the next business day.
Schwab Mobile Deposit service is subject to certain eligibility requirements, limitations and other conditions. Enrollment is not guaranteed and standard hold policies apply.
Unlimited ATM fee rebates apply to cash withdrawals using the Schwab One Visa® Platinum Check Card or the Schwab Bank Visa® Platinum Debit Card (also referred to as a “Check Card” or “Visa Check Card”) at ATM’s where they are accepted. ATM fee rebates do not apply to any fees other than fees assessed for using an ATM to withdraw cash from your Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. Schwab One brokerage account or your Charles Schwab Bank account. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank make their best efforts to identify those ATM fees eligible for rebate, based on information they receive from Visa and from ATM operators. In the event that you have not received a rebate for a fee that you believe is eligible, please call a Schwab One Client Service Specialist at 1-800-421-4488 or a Schwab Bank Client Service Specialist at 1-888-403-9000. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank reserve the right to modify or discontinue this ATM fee rebate at any time.
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation (“Charles Schwab”) (NYSE:SCHW) is a leading provider of financial services, with more than 300 offices and 8.7 million active brokerage accounts, 1.5 million corporate retirement plan participants, 829,000 banking accounts, and $1.82 trillion in client assets as of July 31, 2012. The company was ranked ‘Highest in Investor Satisfaction with Self-Directed Services’ in the 2012 US Self-Directed Investor Satisfaction StudySM from J.D Power and Associates. Through its operating subsidiaries, the company provides a full range of securities brokerage, banking, money management and financial advisory services to individual investors and independent investment advisors. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”)(member SIPC, www.sipc.org), and affiliates offer a complete range of investment services and products including an extensive selection of mutual funds; financial planning and investment advice; retirement plan and equity compensation plan services; referrals to independent fee-based investment advisors; and custodial, operational and trading support for independent, fee-based investment advisors through its Advisor Services division. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides trust and custody services, banking and lending services and products. More information is available at www.schwab.com and www.aboutschwab.com. (0812-5393)
Brokerage products: Not FDIC insured – No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50404149&lang=en
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- Misconceptions Around App Testing in the Private Cloud
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar