|By Udayan Banerjee||
|September 13, 2013 11:00 PM EDT||
No individual can really track and understand the impact of change in all the emerging technologies like Cloud Computing, Mobile Computing, Social Media, Agile Methodology and Big Data …
You can realistically aim to have an in depth understanding of only a small subset. By in depth understanding I mean you know significantly more about the subset than a person who has spent about an hour Googling the topic.
Let me talk about the subset that I have been exploring in depth and why.
- Cloud Computing: How is the cloud value proposition changing over time?
- Mobile Computing: What are the options to handle multi-platform application development challenge?
- Social Media: How is Hyper-connectivity changing out life?
- Agile Methodology: How Agile can co-exist with Outsourcing?
Changing Value Proposition of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing has high potential to change the way we work but it is not clear how fast this change will happen.
There is too much hype around cloud computing. So, it is important to separate the hype from reality and keep track of the real trend.
- Cloud computing – shifting focus to PaaS, Analytics and Mobility (2012)
- Gartner outlines 5 cloud computing trends – what they really mean (2012)
- Trend in cloud computing adoption (2012)
- Is cloud losing its value proposition (2011)
Multi-platform Challenge in Mobile Computing
Platform proliferation and rapid change makes mobile application development expensive – what is the way out?
Though multi-platform application development has been a challenge from more than 10 years, we still do not have any elegant solution. Still, it is important to understand the state of art and keep track of how the scenario is changing.
- Write once run anywhere (WORA) or cross platform mobile development tools (2012)
- 11 reasons why windows phone will overtake android in next 3 years (2012)
- Has Apple done Samsung a favor? (2011)
- Where is mobile technology headed? (2011)
Impact of Hyper-connectivity
This “collective knowledge of our civilization” is much more than the sum of what we know individually and hyper-connectivity is the key.
The change is so profound that it is difficult to comprehend that magnitude. We are groping and trying to understand it – like the story about blind men and the elephant.
- What is Consumerization of it? (2012)
- Network over Knowledge or Networked Knowledge (2012)
- 7 lessons we learned from our social networking journey (2012)
- Trend in social media (2012)
Outsourcing and Agile
Agile works … Outsourcing works – Can they coexist?
The genie is out of the bottle. There is no way either agile or outsourcing can be rolled back. They are becoming too pervasive to be kept apart. So, the only way is to figure out they can coexist.
- 5 questions to ask before you take up an agile contract (2012)
- 5 questions you need to ask before you outsource an agile project (2012)
- Contracting for agile project outsourcing (2012)
- Agile maturity model – 3 different approaches (2011)
Topics that I plan to cover
Consumerization of IT – Two more posts
- Are Traditional Models of Technology of Adoption becoming obsolete? - Technology Adoption – 2 Beliefs You Need To Undo
- How should enterprises plan to adopt technology?
- Can we learn anything from Steve Jobs?
Agile and Outsourcing
- IBM strategy - Is IBM following the right strategy?
- Handbook of agile outsourcing - Agile And Offshoring – The Twain Shall Meet
Emerging technology and new concept
- 3D Printer - 9 Stunning 3D Printed Objects and 9 Interesting Facts about 3D Printing
- Gamification - Is Gamification Only a Buzzword?
- Status of Robotics - Robotics – A Glimpse of Where We Are Today
Oct. 9, 2015 09:45 AM EDT
Oct. 9, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 108
Oct. 9, 2015 09:35 AM EDT
Oct. 9, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 294
Oct. 9, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 124
Oct. 9, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 280
Oct. 9, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 289
Oct. 9, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,881
Oct. 9, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,414
Oct. 9, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 522
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 573
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 505
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 297
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 731
Oct. 9, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,222
Oct. 9, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 172
Oct. 9, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 213
Oct. 9, 2015 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 7,028
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,138
Oct. 8, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 601